South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 05:33 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default SBD Weekend Chat 3/26-3/27

Good morning We are off to the coast today even though it will be cold. We haven't been in months and just decided to do it today. Tomorrow night there will be work but for today it's all play. hope there will be some good birds, wind and all, and we can get a little walking in.

I'm back on track and the weight is slowly coming back off. There is hope of reaching my goal again by my goal anniversary.

Hope your Saturday is whatever you need it to be. See you all tonight.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:50 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Have a great day, Cyndi! You deserve it!

We got the pups out and may go back to bed for awhile. Breakfast with mom at 730.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, it sounds like your day is starting off on a very positive note. Have a grand time on the coast today!

Debbie, have yourself a great day today, too!

I'm accompanying my parents to the doctor's this morning. Mom had some tests yesterday, and her doctor asked her to come in today because he saw some abnormalities. I want to go along for moral support and to hear what the diagnosis is. I must think positive!

Other than that, I'm not sure what else today holds. I'll let it unfold as it wants.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:14 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Linda, I will think positive for you and your mom today, too.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Cyndi - hope you enjoy!

Lexiss - enjoy breakfast with mom .

Cottage - prayers for your mom.

I have to work today . Darned paycheck keeps getting in the way of life!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Cyndi, have a terrific day at the beach! And great news about the weight.

Hi Debbie, hopefully you're snoozing peacefully right now - enjoy your time with your mom this morning.

Linda, I just said a quick prayer about the appt. this morning. Good job staying positive - and how good that you're able to be there.

We had an unsettling afternoon/evening. Ferg's mom somehow walked out of the nursing home where she's living yesterday. Thankfully someone saw her through the window and they helped her back inside before she had time to get lost or get too cold. It's a well run facility, I'm not sure what happened but it's pretty scary. She's wearing a special ankle bracelet now that will set off an alarm and lock the doors if she gets within a certain distance from the exit door. She doesn't remember going outside and was quite upset about the ankle bracelet last night. I feel so badly for her and hate that she has to be in the nursing home. And that we're so far away. Her needs are way more than can be taken care of at home and I understand that but I just want to turn back the clock, you know?

A few minutes after we got off the phone with Ferg's sister, my mom phoned. She'd just been in a "fender bender". Thankfully no one was hurt but of course she was pretty shaken. It was very sunny and she didn't see the other car and pulled out in front of him. He was a 'nice man' and was very kind about the whole thing.

We're taking the teens to a 'Christian rock' concert this evening. I'm sure I'll enjoy the ride and the supper at McDonald's (I'm bringing my own food - I figure with all the $ I'm bringing them with my passengers they won't say anything about my yogurt, apple and nuts. ). I'm not so sure I'll enjoy the concert though. I do like Christian rock on the radio and cd's but the concerts are always uncomfortably loud for this old chick.

Enjoy your Saturday friends!

Just proof read and saw new posts -
I hope the day at work goes quickly and pleasantly Tammy! Debbie I guess you're not snoozing after all.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:36 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! We are cold but it's brilliantly sunny out there so it at least LOOKS like Spring.

Cyndi, enjoy your day at the coast. I hope you both have a good birding day. I'm waiting for something else besides robins to show up around here.

Debbie, back to bed sounds like a good plan. Enjoy!

Cottage, I PMd you.

Twynn, what a shame we need money. Oscar Wilde said "Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Heidi, I hope the situation with Fergie's mother gets a bit better. I went through something similar with my mother so can relate. Your own mother sounds really in control of herself though. I would have been a wuss and not told my kids I'd had an accident.

Great Book Club last night when we discussed Harry Potter. It was suggested by Joanne's 12 year old daughter who thought we should all lighten up. She and her two girlfriends showed up dressed as Harry, the three-headed dog and someone in the invisible cloak. They also served us those wicked jelly-beans. Next book is The Cellist of Sarjevo, a huge change. Harry was fun!

Took a look around my house this morning and every single room except one bathroom needs tidying! My life got a bit out of control this week. I plan to spend the morning putting things away starting with the jars and things from the fridge which I put out of sight on top of the washer. I can't believe just one person lives here! Maybe someone sneaks in here in the night and leaves stuff around. It's beyond niggles so I will spend the morning doing the Big Domestic. This afternoon there is a 60th Anniversary party for two friends which is a must do and will be a good break.

Wishing you a day full of mostly good things.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning ladies! Enjoy the coast today Cyndi! Linda, prayers for your Mom! I sure hope it's nothing serious! Debbie, enjoy your time with your mom! Twynn...let me know if you can figure out a way to NOT have work interrupt your life...I'll be totally on board!!! Heidi...I hope your kids have fun at the concert! Your a good mom!!! Ruth, have fun at your friends' 60th (wow!!!). Oh, and I'm a huge Harry Potter fan!! Great books!!!!

I am having my daughter's bday slumber party with 5 of her friends! I am nuts!!! Pizza for them and cake (not at all tempting for me) and bagels in the morning...all things I couldn't care less about! I hope they aren't too wild though...I just want to read!!! I plan on getting in a HIIT workout this morning and I should rake but I don't want to! It's amazing how good I feel because I haven't weighed myslef! Listening to my body is really very important and helpful!!! I should weigh around the 7th of April (that's 5 weeks) but ....what if I don't want to?!!! LOL!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all -
Heading out to coach 40 high schoolers in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament - in 30 degree weather. Yes - the start of the "Spring" season . . .

Taking South Beach cereal bars to fend off the donuts, pretzels, and pizza. Remember being a teenager? I could eat that stuff every day and never notice it - until I hit 25. Hmmm.

My children (just about 11 and just about 8) are NOT so excited about being outside for this day - Linda - you are right the sun is AWESOME, but somehow I can't get them psyched about prowling the sidelines even with the sun!

Thoughts and prayers go with all who need them today.
Be well -
Old 03-26-2011, 08:00 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Kristen - after reading about your slumber party plans I think it's YOU that's the good mom! I hope you'll be able to find time to read.

My kids are grown now (26 and 28) and I started working with the teens at the church when they were in middle school. I still enjoy it and so far no one has stepped in to take over, so that's why I'm still driving teenagers to conferences and rock concerts on the weekend.

Hi bea, good luck at the tournament!

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-26-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: just saw ultimatebea's post :)
Old 03-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

No, I didn't go back to bed...my house is like Ruth's, needing a pick up everywhere.

Heidi, sorry to hear about Fergies mom. It is so hard....

Heidi, bea, Kristin, with the kiddos! Glad it's not me!

Ruth, hope you get de-niggled.

Twynn, sorry about work!

I'd better get going. I'm planning on riding my bike to breakfast...downhill, and will have Kirk for backup if I decide I'm not going to make it home...uphill and against the wind, which has been ferocious lately.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Cyndi - Have a great time.

Debbie - Enjoy breakfast with mom.

Linda - It is good that you will be there to be another set of ears.

Twynn -

Heidi - Scary about both moms!

Ruth - My theory is mess begets mess. Funny how a little bit in our house grows and grows.

Kristen - Pizza and cake and bagels would all tempt me horribly! I love that you are feeling great. Who needs a scale to do that for us!?

Bea - For me, it hit senior year of high school. Brrr.

I have to do a bit of maternal bragging today. My teen won a state journalism award for one of his broadcast segments. And, after auditioning earlier this week, found out he was chosen for one of the end of the year senior speeches. He's feeling pretty good about himself right now which is nice since his little college rejection hit hard. I, however, am starting to feel stressed about his pending decision about next year. Sigh.

DH's birthday tomorrow. We are going out for dinner and dessert. I think that is a concession to me - not having to bake a cake or have tons of temping leftovers.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 209.2/207.6/150

Height: 5ft4inches

Good Morning

It's been such a busy few days I haven't had time to think let alone languidly browse the internet .

I am very glad this week is over. My midterm went great, I'm very happy with the result I should pull an A on it. The other quizzes that I had this week also went well. I can now breathe, well at least until Thursday when I have another American History test .

I picked up the south beach supercharged book this week and am reading through it, I love the sound of some of the new recipies and am making a couple this weekend. Chock full of vegetable chili, and hearts of palm "potato" salad.

Cyndi - I love being at the coast, I hope your day went well.

Lexxiss - what kind of pups do you have? we have a 12 week old lab/huskie cross called Luna, she's a handful!

Cottage - I'll be thinking of you and your mom .

Twynn - that darned paycheck!

Heidi - wow that was quite an evening , good for you taking your own food to the night out.

kmac - yes you are nuts but you're not alone, my girlfriend is having 6 of her 15 year old daughter's friends sleep over this weekend too!

Ultimatebea - frizbee sounds like fun, hopefully you will all get warmed up so you don't notice the weather.

I have to take Luna to puppy training class today and I'm flying solo as DH is out of town. Then I'm going to Earth Fare for some flax seed oil and greens, then it's home and history reading. Yay. I really know how to live the fast live on a Saturday night .
Old 03-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Happy Saturday!!

Today is all about cleaning. I am sending my boys of to play practice and I am deep cleaning. Hopefully, it won't take the whole time there gone(my son technically has two play practices so they will be gone from 9:15-3:00). I would like to sneak away to the library for a few moments.

I was so proud of my self yesterday. I got in over 15,000 steps. It helped that all I did during one test was basically pace and then after school some of us went for a walk before we went out for drinks.

Cottage-I hope all is well at the appointment

Heidi-I do a lot with our teens at church to, but I am the opposite in the fact my son is only 6. I got involved because of my brother who is 18. Also, by not working in the summer I was an easy person to go with them on their trips.

Have a great Saturday!!

Jasmine
Old 03-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/170

Height: 5"6'

Hey chicks! Glad to see everybody up and at it today! I got a 45 minute walk in this morning, and it is already hot and humid! Now to clean and get ready for DS birthday party at the skating rink and then having friends over afterwards to grill out.

Mom made it in town late Thursday night and we are having a good time so far. Hope everyone has a good weekend! Be safe
Closed Thread