South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #1  
~Kit~

S/C/G: 220.8/171.0/160

Height: 5' 4"

Default Protien Shake

I'm trying to decided if I can add this protien shake to my shakes in the morning but I'm not 100% sure. From what I know it looks like I can but what's your thoughts?

I tried to post a link but it says I haven't posted enough to post it yet

Ingredients:Whey Protein Isolate, Lean Carb Blend (Rice Oligodextrins, Fibersol-2, Isomaltulose), Fat Blend (Flaxseed powder, High Oleic Sunflower oil, Conjegated Linoleic acid), Glucomannan, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Calcium Lactate Gluconate, Magnesium Phosphate, Ascorbic acid, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacinamide, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Pantothenic acid, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine HCL, Copper Gluconate, Ribiflavin, Thiamin HCL, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Cyanocobalamin, Vitamin D [Cholecalciferol]), Carboxymethylcellulose gum, Soy Lecithin, Salt, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Do you know what all that stuff is? I think I'd just make my own shake with milk, eggs and maybe some flavouring. I'm sure others will chirp in with suggestions.
You cannot post a link until you have been here over 20 days and have 20 posts.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

It doesn't sound very yummy. I'm w/ Ruth...I'd probably just make me own and only use that as an emergency "go to" type thing.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:08 AM   #4  
Onederland or bust!!!

S/C/G: 325/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I know Atkins convenience foods are supposed to be a no-no (or so I hear!), but I like the chocolatey delight shake if I'm in a hurry or know I'm going to be on the go... Sounds easier and yummier, plus as far as carbs, it's fine for SBD!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:38 AM   #5  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Yah me too.. i love the Atkins chocolatly shake..its one of the best..but if you want a good protein shake..try the brand Designer Whey..i hear they have a great orange mango shake that tastes great..they also have a good berry one and a good chocolate mint one..Only has 2.4 grams of carbs.. and not as much stuff as yours listed
Old 03-01-2011, 02:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just a reminder, South Beach is not about counting carbs.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #7  
~Kit~

S/C/G: 220.8/171.0/160

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for all the input. I think I will use it sparingly if at all. It's not something i actually need but if I'm in a hurry or on the run it does help in a pinch
Old 03-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #8  
Onederland or bust!!!

Natasha, this is true, but my point was that it's hard to find pre-made shakes that aren't LOADED with sugars and unnecessary gunk. I like the Atkins shake because it has 15g protein and 4g carbs, 3 of which are fiber. It's also trans-fat free. That's what I meant to say. I'd much rather eat actual food but in a pinch I like those shakes and they seem to fit just fine. ;-)
Old 03-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #9  

Thanks for the info on the shakes. I am just starting the SBD and don't like eggs. Am having a hard time getting all the protein in but I know it is important. If the ATkins shakes are ok I will pick some up to keep for the morning..
Old 03-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #10  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Just a thought - a smoothie made with 1 cup Greek yogurt has 22 g protein! I even add protein powder (I use a plain soy protein powder but there are tons of choices out there) when I use regular yogurt. For Phase 1, I add cocoa powder, stevia and sometimes ground up peanuts. Sooo good!!

Not as quick as grabbing a can for sure. I know that feeling of being caught somewhere and just needing something quick. I have sometimes grabbed plain kefir (an acquired taste!) but it would be nice to find something more available mainstream, like when on the road if I have forgotten to bring enough food... I've seen these kind of Atkins shakes at truck stop stores before (the big ones at least).

I posted the nutrition facts from the two types of chocolate shakes from the website. Not sure which one you guys are familiar with. Anyway, when you take away all the vitamins, the ingredients are protein powder, cream, oil, cocoa powder, flavors, salt, sweetener and some emulsifiers/fillers. Kinda high in fat... but I think I would drink one of these in a total pinch, like if this or a candy bar is the choice

Milk Chocolate Delight:

Dark Chocolate Royale
Old 03-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #11  
Onederland or bust!!!

Yeah I only do one, maybe two a week max. I'd rather snack if I have the option, personally... And thanks for the images, Emma!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #12  

Since I don't like eggs either, I make myself twice a week for breakfast a protein shake. I bought @ Costco one that is from the makers of Muscle Milk, Cytosport 100% Whey Isolated, it has 27g of protein, 1g sugars,total carbs 2g, 130 calories. It tastes delicious and you can mix it with water, or FFmilk and add a couple of berries, or half a banana. Try it you will be so satisfied and it tastes like a wonderful treat, but you are not cheating! Hope it works for you.
Closed Thread