South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #16  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

one of the ways we work on progressing is to do the redo. (an idea from IOWL) we think about our day before bed.
how did it go? even if it was a disaster,
pick only 1, only 1 thing that happened to redo.
think about what happened in our head.
then imagine what we will do the next time. visualizing, playing it like a movie in our head. write it down make a plan. follow through on that plan, learning so that next time we learn from that 1 thing.
we build on it each day. 1 thing at a time.

on days when we did well, we pat ourselves on the back, be happy about it.

examples-bringing your food with you to prevent eating 'off plan' when you're out doing something. and think about how much butter is in those fries, which will now be on your hips. calculate the calories in the fries. calculate how long you would have to run to run it off. think about how many teenagers don't wash their hands, or grown ups for that matter correctly. and then they touched your food. makes any fast food sound totally gross.

have food made and frozen at home, preportioned or at least something healthy you can make almost instantly for those times when we are ravenous.because it WILL happen.

then make a plan B, C, and D.

you must find a way to break the cycle. take the power away from food. food is just food. just food. we need food to give us energy. therefore the food we need and makes us feel good is food that is nutrient dense. to break the cycle we have to STOP FEELING GUILTY. instead, try again. at the next meal eat healthy filling foods. moderate exercise. remember that the food is not bad or good. just nutrients. or not. but it's not evil. just food. we have to take the power away from the food. YOU have the power to choose. your choices. when you messed up a little, you keep trying, move on. the hardest part about anything in life isn't the first day, it's all the days after that. when you have to get back up, and when you didn't want to go to school, but you had to. same with dieting. you didn't want to exercise, but once you started you kept going. and felt better after. i never regret a workout. i regret eating cookies or too much of something. i never regret trying again.

do some writing. why did you want the donuts, popcorn 'off plan' foods? is this about rebelling against rules? did you just really like the taste of the food? the food is 'comfort'?
think about it, write it down. write what's bothering you. if you don't work through the mental hw, you'll gain all the weight back. this is about learning to live. to LIVE. no one wants to live their life rebelling against rules and feeling guilty all the time.

Last edited by katy trail; 03-02-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #17  
I CAN do this!

"Already I'm stressing on Phase 1 - what if I'm in a restaurant and eat a fatty steak? What if I'm served a cheese omelet...of course it will be fried in butter and have full fat American in it. Then what?"

then, you do what the so called naturally slender people do. you eat light at the next meal. you take a walk after the meal. eat lighter the next day.

we didn't gain x lbs from eating a couple meals of unhealthy food. or some of us, healthy food that was too large of portions. this happened over a period of time. weeks, months, years. it took a long time to gain it. it's going to take a long time to get healthy again, lose the weight, and learn new habits.

remember. we are all babies learning to walk. one step at a time.
renee from IOWL
Old 03-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #18  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

im not sure if this would be the time to correct myself and say for all those commenting on it..that when i said "confessions of my food sin"..i was kind of saying it in a sarcastic..im joking ...i know its not a sin but it was bbbaddd" lol.. i like to joke..i guess people dont often get my jokes though..

Point is..i screwed up..i felt horrible about if for 1 day..and now im back to clean phase 1 to get rid of everything i just put in my body...and im okay..in fact better than okay.. i feel good..and i knew that i would..na na na na ..i feel good..and i knew that i would...nan nanan ana.. wow.. so good.. bump bump..so good.. i feel good! Its all good..is my point..ive moved on..

This thread can totally be closed now..lol. :P
Old 03-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #19  
I CAN do this!

nope. you need to read it again. this isn't going to solve itself by starting over every 'monday' fresh.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Closed at the OP's request.

Go and sin no more, my child. ....MotheRuth
Closed Thread