3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Back to the Beach after Baby #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/224614-back-beach-after-baby-2-a.html)

utmelody 02-02-2011 08:02 PM

Back to the Beach after Baby #2

Hello! I am coming back to the beach after having baby #2 in December. I successfully lost & kept off 30 pounds in 2009, and now I need to lose 20 left over from pregnancy. I tried to follow SBD principles, but I cheated often and probably gained too much! This forum provided so much support in my first stint. I am trying not to feel overwhelmed, but I am so anxious to lose the weight and fit into my clothes again!

What is a realistic goal to set per week if I am 145 now and want to reach 125?

Mum2Monkeys 02-02-2011 08:14 PM

Welcome back! I just restarted SB too after gaining a lot (way more than you lol) with my second son as well :)

Realistically, with any diet and exercise plan, you can expect 1-2lbs per week.. It's important to realize though that you may lose more quickly in the beginning, and may stall a few times later on, so make sure you leave yourself enough time so that you don't get too frustrated :)

I know it's easy to feel overwhelmed, but remember, take it one meal at a time, and you'll be there before you know it :D

murphmitch 02-02-2011 08:16 PM

Are you nursing? Calorie requirements are higher with breastfeeding and Phase II is appropriate with adequate calories. Either way, there is no realistic goal per week. Weight loss does not follow any specific rate, with dips and plateaus along the way. SB is a way of life so it's all about eating healthier, not so much about a rapid loss.

utmelody 02-02-2011 08:26 PM

Yes, I went pretty much straight into phase 2 after I gave birth while I was nursing. I have PCOS and Hashimoto's Disease (hypo thyroid) both of which affect my milk supply, so after 6 weeks, I am not producing enough. I am now exclusively formula feeding so ready to get back into phase 1 tomorrow. I have found South Beach is definitely a way of life for me as it's the only diet I have ever been on that allowed me to lose and maintain. Plus, I just feel better! I do wish I hadn't gained those 50 pounds....haha

LADY WINDSONG 02-03-2011 05:25 AM

:welcome: back

Heidi58 02-03-2011 06:01 AM

Congratulations on baby number 2 and :welcome2:

Mmckellen 02-03-2011 06:15 AM

Yes, welcome back and congrats. I think the baby weight will come off a little more quickly than if you had been carrying it around for years. I'm sure you remember this from last time but the first days/weeks of SB are all about planning.

tomandkara 02-03-2011 06:27 AM

Congratulations on the baby! I just had a baby in November and I'm definitely not losing on any kind of regular schedule. LOL I went four weeks without any change and then I lost a pound and then I gained it back and then this last week I lost 4 pounds. I try not to set pound goals per week or month because I never know what my body is going to do. I set goals for exercise and eating, though, because those are things I can control.

Lexxiss 02-03-2011 06:27 AM

Welcome!

WaistingTime 02-03-2011 07:44 AM

Nice to meet you:)

cottagebythesea 02-03-2011 08:47 AM

Welcome back to The Beach, utmelody! And congratulations on the birth of baby #2!

utmelody 02-03-2011 01:19 PM

Thanks, everyone! I am glad to be back and so thankful for this forum!