SBD Daily Chat: January 31, 2011

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Good Things Come to Those Who Believe
  • Cathy

Yes, I missed all of you that haven't been here for a tiny bit.

Lou and I went to LaGree's for our dollar bin goodies. I came home and made fresh homemade sauce with tomatoes onions, carrots and celery (all from the bins). Yummy.

I actually got 9 little dollar bags filled with all kinds of fruit and veggies.

I am to report that I am DOWN -.8 pounds! I was amazed because I had some pizza. Moderation does work and the pizza (cheese w/ chicken) was really good because it was a treat and not a staple.

Did laundry, dishes and cleaned the inside of the oven this morning so all that is left to do is cook and tell you all that I am proud of each of you.
  • Oooo, Marcie, I do not enjoy cleaning the inside of the oven. Or the fridge. Yuck. I cleaned out the fridge on Friday and it was gross.

I also did not have a very on-plan weekend. Saturday totally got away from me. I thought I'd have enough time to do my work-out and get a good breakfast before leaving the house but the minutes ticked away and after I finished my exercise and shower I had five minutes to get the kids in the car and out the door for Connor's basketball game, so I had cherry tomatoes and a cheese stick for breakfast on the drive there. Then lunch was just a disaster. I tried to pick the best thing at the food court and got steamed veggies with rice and noodles, intending to give the rice and noodles to the kids but I was so hungry that I ate them. Dinner was good, though. I made a quiche and salad, so at least that got me back on track. Yesterday was more of the same lack-of-planning-poor-decisions, though. Today is a new day and I am ready to make good choices.

I think Avery may have gotten a wee case of pink eye so I am keeping her home from school today. Her eye isn't crusted or swollen at all but last night it was light pink. It is almost all back to white this morning but I figure it's better to be safe for the other kids at Kindergarten. I may just keep Kadyn home, too, so I can be lazy and not have to go out into the cold with the baby.

The girls are done their homeschool lessons and Kadyn is going to practice her violin now and then we're going to clean the third floor. I need to get cracking on my book club book because we're meeting next Monday and I'm only half way through it. And I also have to practice the choir anthem for next week because yesterday the director asked if I would accompany. Just another busy day!
  • Good morning everyone!!
    Marcie- Good job on your loss!!! I wish I had the $1.00 bins you talk about around here....it seems that my grocery bill keeps going up!
    Kara- Sounds like a busy day for you. I understand and fall victim to that lack of planning, too- but today is a new day!
    I am down -.6. Wish it were more but I will take it!
  • Kara, it will get better.
    I have faith in you.

Litar
  • Litar, you have great courage to weigh in on Mondays! Definitely would not work for me.

Today is likely to be busy at work and then I have to run out at lunch for both PT and my son's parent teacher conference. I inadvertently scheduled both for today, thank goodness not at the same time! Other than that, not much to say. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Good morning!

It was good to sleep in my own bed last night, but I sure missed that hot tub. Today is the start of another busy week. I have meetings or classes after school Monday - Thursday because rescheduling due to January's weather. I was hoping February's weather would be calmer but they're talking about another storm this week. What a winter!

I haven't weighed myself yet this morning. I'm apprehensive so I'm procrastinating.

Good morning to those who have already posted and hello to those yet to post. I hope Avery's eye is looking and feeling great now, and that Okie wows them at the interview today. And for the rest of you I wish a safe, happy and on plan Monday.
  • Lisa, you're moving in the right direction!

Marcie, thank you for the kind words. I have faith in me, too. I need to assert it more on the weekends, apparently...

Matilda, I always schedule things on the same day, thinking it's easier to just be out and about once and get everything taken care of, but then it's always so hectic. Sigh. There's no winning.

Heidi, I hope your week goes quickly with your extra conferences and that your weigh-in is positive!

We got the cleaning done and I practiced my flute piece. The girls are upstairs playing so I'm going to take my book up there and read while they do whatever it is they do. They're both still in their pajamas!
  • Lady Windsong: We had our first pizza in over three months this weekend too. Two slices for me, and that should hold me over for another three or more months. Ha ha!
    Kara: We homeschooled our girls from kindergarten to college and loved it.
    Litar: Yeah, this whole "eating on plan" thing is pretty expensive for us too - well worth it, but ka-ching!
    Mmckellen: At least both things will be out of the way after today, right?
    Heidi: I miss hot tubs too, though its been a good bit longer since I got to soak in one that it has been for you. Hehe.

I'm still getting over my cold (read: I'm still sick and a total baby about it). Hope to get back to running this week (assuming the husband is also over his cold) as well as pushups and kettlebell swings. I've put it all on hold while my body heals itself.
  • Here's to the last day of January! What a month! February is starting off with snow and ice, too, but I have faith that this new month will be kinder to us.

Congratulations to the 'losers' and I hope your interview goes well, Okie!
    Jake has been working on making a hoop for me, and I have to get after him to finish it! Then, I actually have to start using it, LOL. It does sound like something I'd enjoy, though.
    I'd better get on with day and pack a few extra changes of clothes. I'm planning to stay at the farm for a few days if the weather gets as bad as they predict. Snow is bad enough, but they're talking about ice, and that has me concerned. I will be so glad when this winter is finally over.
  • Good morning Another fly by morning as I'm off to the north for an all day staff meeting. Looks like we have monster storm heading this way tomorrow. Oh joy

Have a good Monday
  • I'm feeling badly for you chickies dealing with bad winter weather. We are very cold again at-20ºF but sunshine is expected. Stay safe and warm, please.

Feeling a tad burned out this morning so I am skipping gym. I may go back to bed for a wee kip as they say over the pond.
  • Annie, we've been homeschooling all along as well but when we moved here we thought it would be an amazing opportunity for the kids to attend the local school in our village so they could learn the language better. It's been a great experience all around and I'm very glad we enrolled them. German schools let out between noon and 1:00, though, so we still do some lessons at home. Connor's more advanced in math so I keep him moving forward there, and I like to continue with English grammar and literature because they don't get that at school now. I am looking forward to being back to homeschooling full time after our move this spring!

Linda, I hope the new weather isn't as bad as it's predicted to be!

Cyndi, hope the staff meeting goes by in a flash!

Ruth, that is so cold! I don't know that I would leave bed at all!
  • Good sunny, light snow falling day to all of my friends.
    Gee love reading daily notes. I have to run to town then try and work at getting started with this diet. LOL
    I was wondering what the challange for the month is, and was thinking that a challange for using your tred mill would be one for me....poor thing just sits there.
    Well all for now,
    Love Cathy
  • Windsong - Good for you! For me, moderation doesn't work well. Maybe some day.

Kara - I don't mind cleaning the fridge; I love tossing the expired stuff I find. I just hate how fast it gets messy and dirty again. The oven... oh mine is horrible. I had a bad eating weekend too

Heidi - I am still trying to meditate, when I remember. I think it would be great for me if I could make it a habit. That storm is hitting here tomorrow.

We are in a winter weather warning here. Today they predict some freezing rain and a tiny bit of snow; for tomorrow they are using words like "blizzard" and "record-breaking." I did some shopping yesterday in preparation but think now I may go out again today if the roads are okay and stock up more. I have a hard time planning more than a couple of days ahead for meals. Another crazy winter!

Oh yeah - confession time. I did not eat well this weekend. Which is particularly frustrating because I had been pretty darn good for the rest of the month. Sigh.

Have a great day everyone.