3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Belly Fat? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/223523-belly-fat.html)

Willow324 01-24-2011 06:34 PM

Belly Fat?

Hi, I posted on the 20-something but I am doing SB, and was wondering if anyone thats done SB for a long time has noticed a huge difference in belly. I do not have a belly that looks like Im pregnant or have a beer gut (i think those deflat nicely) I have a gross "B" rolly belly.
thanks!

fluffy1025 01-24-2011 08:16 PM

the SBD is great for the belly. i have noticed a slight change and ive only been on it a few weeks. it explains it in the new book pretty well so you should definatly read if you can.

Sum38 01-24-2011 08:23 PM

I am doing modified SB... I have celiac, so absolutely no grain for me. SB seem to be quite friendly with gluten allergy.

I suffer from belly fat as well...see my profile pix....I look like I am pregnant, or swallowed a basketball.

It feels SB is flattening my tummy a bit. I feel less bloated.

Porthardygurl 02-01-2011 01:12 AM

Im on SB and its only my 5th day and ive already noticed a decrease in bloating and overall look of my belly..cause i have the post pregnancy..still pregnant looking belly..i mean.. i had my baby last july and i lost my pregnancy weight..but then suffered depression and gained lots of weight..and now have the " i look pregnant" belly..but its definitly slimmed down..I dont think im allergic to gluten, but cutting it out altogether has certainly helped.

jandaman 02-01-2011 03:46 AM

definite difference for me, too. have already gotten a compliment for my "flat" belly :)

could it be the gluten? i often bloat up to 3rd trimester size after certain meals but haven't really paid attention...

murphmitch 02-01-2011 11:24 AM

I agree, I think it's the elimination of wheat products that has helped flatten my tummy!

Willow324 02-01-2011 11:37 AM

sounds good! Someone posted a link from this Cardiologist that talks about how bad wheat is. I was going to try to cut it out. Thats giving up a lot of food. In terms of SB, does it cut out all our grains? Then the only carbs we can have are beans and fruit? is that right?

Ruthxxx 02-01-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Then the only carbs we can have are beans and fruit? is that right?
You can have carbs - dairy has carbs, veggies have carbs and there are many non-wheat grains like quinoa and brown rice that can be added in Phase II. Check out the Phase II Food List.

Willow324 02-02-2011 12:09 PM

great, thats what i was wondering...quinoa and brown rice sound good, thanks! its amazing how many things have 'wheat' in them.

Mum2Monkeys 02-02-2011 01:19 PM

I just started South Beach, but I lost a LOT of my belly when I cut out gluten back in November..