South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #16  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Good morning ladies.. Hope everyone is doing fine today.. I work today then off tomorrow and Sunday..wow.. 216.6 again today.. TTOM is almost finished.
So at least I'm not up any weight..
Going fix me a cup of coffee.. Take care all.. Lanee...
Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #17  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Marcie, I always get something vegetable-ish since I'm vegetarian. I don't really care for white rice so it's easy to just eat the veggies. I love Thai food but was just recently introduced to it.

Annie, go for it! I would highly recommend going to a running store and getting an expert opinion on which shoes would be best for you. I accidentally stumbled into a great pair on my own and the running store confirmed they were good for my foot and stride type but I was lucky. It makes such a difference if you have good shoes! Mine make me feel like I'm running in slippers. I love them!

Lisa, good idea thinking ahead and ordering your salad! I love eating salad out because I don't have to go through the hassle of chopping everything up myself.

Ruth, I'm not very good at remembering books either, or movies. Tom can remember movie plots in detail and I'm always amazed that he recalls so much. Yet when I ask him to do something for me he forgets as soon as the words are out of my mouth...

Cyndi, I also love good cheddar. We've been able to get some amazing cheeses while here in Europe! I bet you get some great ones, too!

Linda, I just got some sweet potatoes without a plan for them so thanks for posting about that soup. Is the recipe in the recipe section of the forum?

Debbie, drive safely and enjoy the conversation with your mother!

Matilda, congrats on the two pound loss!

Karen, I wonder if those nose strips would help your husband at all? No personal experience because Tom rarely snores and, honestly, I'm such a deep sleeper and I fall asleep before him almost every night so I might just not notice. LOL

Schmoooooooodle, glad you guys are feeling better! Why the low Iodine diet? I've never heard of such a thing!

Lanee, enjoy your weekend off! Do you have any big plans?

Well, I get the Stupid Award for today! As we were leaving the restaurant, Tom grabbed two lollipops out of the big bowl they had and asked if I wanted one. So I say, "Yeah, I haven't had a lollipop in forever!" and take one. Duh. Maybe I should have thought about WHY I hadn't had a lollipop in forever. Oh well. The only thing that happened was that my teeth felt all filmy after I ate it but a good brushing will fix that. I'm such a numbskull.

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-21-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #18  
Be happy.

Good Morning from HOME!

Snow day today. I didn't expect it but I guess the storm track shifted slightly. It's been a weird week anyway, yesterday was our only full day of school for the week. I've got enough chicken chili to feed an army, I was bringing it to school today. I need to decide if I'm going to freeze it or parcel it out to friends and neighbors.

Annie, my shoulders are killing me this morning. I checked out your link to 100 pushups, and decided to go for it, too. I did the first day's workout yesterday. Most of my workouts focus on lower body and abs, I didn't realize how poor my upper body strength was til I did the pretest. I'm so glad you posted the link, I figure even if I never make it all the way to 100, I'll at least improve things. lol Good luck shoe shopping!

Kara and Debbie, this must be the weekend for Thai food. Last night I made plans to meet my son at a Thai restaurant in Lewiston when he gets off work tomorrow. I always just skip the rice, too.

Windsong, I like that scent, too. I was a big time John Denver fan in the 70's though, and Windsong was one of my favorite albums.

Lisa, bummer about the make up day tomorrow. We occasionally do Saturday make-ups but attendance is always very low. We're supposed to do 'academics as usual' but most schedule special things in hopes of luring kids to school. Have you got anything special planned for your students?

Ruth, I love broccoli. Raw or any way you cook it. Enjoy your morning at the gym and your afternoon with a book!

Hi Cyndi, not to be pushy but you should post the link to Julie's website again. Have a nice time tonight. Think you'll fit any snowshoeing in this weekend? (oops, never mind. I just reminded you said you were going to avoid the cold temps. )

Linda, it's 8:10 and I'm still in my PJ's. It's too early in the storm to shovel here so I'm not even feeling guilty about it.

Matilda - on breaking that barrier! I absolutely LOVE going down a 'decade'.

Karen, your DH and mine have more in common than I realized.... unbearable snoring AND they can get lost for hours in REI. How's the meditation going?

Schmoodle, yikes! I'm sorry you folks have had such a lousy week. I hope everyone is feeling better now. I've never heard of a low iodine diet, I'm sorry it's so hard. (Hello to Schmoodle's daughter if you're reading this!)

Well, I'm thinking I should take advantage of my unplanned time at home and go hit the wii fit.

Enjoy your Friday friends.

ETA: Hi Lanee, I'm looking forward to the weekend, too!

Kara, I'm sorry, but I'm giggling about the lollipop. I can't tell you how many time I've done similar things - usually at kindergarten snack time!

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-21-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

TGIF!!
This week has felt so long, which is crazy considering I did not have to work on Monday. It has to be, because of all the meetings this week. I also am expecting TOM today or tomorrow, so I have been cranky.

Today is my DH's birthday and last night we went out with the family to celebrate at Biaggi's(Italian). It was good, but I had to much bread. Literally had to tell myself to stop. Luckily, the rest of the meal was OP.

Have a great day!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #20  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I thought I'd pop in early! This place has the earliest Early!!!
So after wallowing in almost 3 months of carbs and cruddy eating I'm back on the towel as it were. kinda
I read the primal blue print and am incorporating some of his principles in with some beach in a Kierie Hybrid!
Trying to reduce inflammation
Basically Ph 2 with no grains give me carby veg or give me well I need my carrots darnit!
Yesterday was day 1 and the first time in more than 2 months that my blood sugar hasn't gone wacko leading to extensive grazing
So I'm here if you'll have me back (for the millionth time)
Kara how was thai? I LOVE THAI
Cottage Seriously Im moving in with you! or at least into your kitchen to clean up your left overs!
to everyone else I'm going to have to log in earlier to respond!
Kierie
Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 209.2/207.6/150

Height: 5ft4inches

Good Morning all

No school for me today! We don't have class Friday's so today is the start of my weekend, and I was a busy bee studying yesterday and am up to date with my reading, and have my schoolwork done. So this weekend, I'm catching up with Tivo and relaxing. I'll be doing some treadmill work too.

One thing about my weekends is I tend to fall into being really lazy. It seems easier to work out/stick to plan during the week because I'm already busy. I have to change this mindset!

We got more snow last night and my driveway isn't looking good at all, so no gym this morning. Instead I'm going to work the treadclimber today.

So I got on the bloody stupid rotten scale this morning. I KNOW! It's only been 4 days since I started phase 1 but I was having an unconfident moment. I'm down 1.2lbs since Monday, so I can't complain. I might send that scale to work with DH and tell him to keep it there, it's too tempting to get on it every day. If I see any upward change I know I'll lose my drive.

Today I'll be making the meal plan for next week, and heading into town this afternoon to grocery shop once it warms up some. DH just called on his way to work to say the roads are very slippy, and TN drivers can't drive on the best of days.

Tannersmom - good for you knowing when to stop with the bread, me I just inhale it .

Heidi - I'm making bison chili this weekend. I can't wait, haven't had chili in a long time.

Annie - when I buy new running shoes I always feel more motivated.

litar - lucky you being able to order out for lunch at school!

Ruth - I hope you get to feeling better

Cyndi - our roads are very slippy due to last night's snow, my driveway looks like a ski ramp

Cottage - I have that pj feeling too

Kara - I love thai food. Love it! can't wait to have it again if only as a very special treat, we have the best thai restaurant in huntsville, al.

Lanee - AF will be gone soon, don't let that scale get to you

Schmoodle - hope you get to feeling better soon, stomach flu is the worst

waistingtime - I'm usually the one driving DH up a tree with my snorring teehee! Still, I sympathise.

Mmckellan - grats on the loss! don't be afraid to move on, you can do it.

Lexxis - goals are the best way to go. small goals help motivate and keep us on track.

I hope I didn't miss anyone, first time doing mass personals!

Happy Friday all whoop whoop!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Morning everyone!!!

I read, but don't have time for personals today...Everyone sounds really upbeat and motivated though - just in time for facing the weekend

Kids are off of school today and Monday, so I took today off to cut down on the darn daycare bill. Trying to get a playdate together for my son, and then it's FAC with some of the ladies.

It will be my first OP FAC! I'm making pumpkin curry soup and a HUGE salad. Now I just have to stay away from the inevitable bevy of wine that the girls will bring over.

Happy Friday Everyone
Old 01-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #23  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Heidi, it's OK if you laugh at me. I did. Enjoy your snow day! I say freeze some of the chili and share some. Sounds like a good compromise to me.

Jasmine, sorry about the crankies. Maybe treat yourself to a good cup of tea or a movie or something to get your spirits up? Sometimes I hate being a girl.

Kierie, glad your day one went well! Here's to eating healthier and feeling better! The Thai food was super yummy! I've been getting into some world cuisine lately, eating Thai, Indian, Turkish, Korean, and Nepalese food. It's always fun incorporating different recipes into the rotation!

LAK, I always do my workout first thing in the morning so I have no excuses for missing it. Even on the weekends (even though "first thing in the morning" is NOT at 0530 on the weekends ).

Amy, have fun on your day off and enjoy your time with your friends! What's a "FAC"?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Had to go into work because I had a meeting otherwise I would have been allowed to do wfh boo

The kids had to go to school not quite sure about that one the roads in our town were not the best and the high today is only in the teens, my fingers about froze off when I was scraping my car.

Well a co-worker brought in dougnuts this morning and my oatmeal was not sticking to my stomach...they were calling my name but instead I grabbed the yogurt I brought from home and I am good.....small steps

Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #25  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Wind Chill Day here!!! Anna gets to skip out on school and read today. Lucky girl!!! She got her Kindle too and LOVES it.

Chris and I walked outside this morning and saw a husky in the neighbor's yard! They had a boxer and a spaniel before, so I'm not sure what's going on, but it was a BEAUTIFUL dog! I can't wait to take Voo out so she can sniff nosies with it! She is in LOVE with the German Shepherd across the street, Dakota. He's her boyfriend. It'll be nice to have another doggie friend in the neighborhood though!

Anyway plugging away at work. Anotherbusy day. I'm ready for some warm weather!!! At least they finally plowed the streets yesterday afternoon though. Gotta get back to the grind - hope you all have a great day

Lisa
Old 01-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi gang!

I enjoyed the movie, Green Hornet, last night. My Facebook has been deactivated for a second time and I'm considering just letting it go and not being on Facebook anymore. It's a shame because that's how I interact with most of my friends but it is what it is!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #27  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Hey Everyone! Just checking in. Hope everyone has a great day today. Today I'm buying tickets to a desert music festival- coachella. My husband really really wants to go, but I'm not super excited about it. However, I would enjoy 4 days outside in the sunshine!

My scale hasn't been to kind this week so I'm going to ingore it for a few days. I'll weigh in again after I've done my long run on Sunday. That'll teach that pesky scale!

Busy busy day today, so I better get cracking!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #28  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

LISA Love new puppies our new neighbors have a golden and I want to meet them just to meet the dog!
FOOD O How was the movie? we're probably going to see it this weekend

Kara you cook that food too? ok so I'm moving in with Cottage and you!
USCarchie I want to go to Coachella!! You'll have such a good time!
Pearl Good Job Resisting the doughnuts!!!
ok off to put some eggs on for lunch!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

KO, the movie was action packed and had moments of greatness, lol. The villain was funny and reminded me of my Professor, Vladimir Tismaneanu when he made a statement, it was "Come on" but the way he said it, was brilliant.

Last edited by BellaLucia; 01-21-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Closed Thread