South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #1  

Default Vegetarian South Beach Diet!

hey everyone! I am starting back with the south beach diet but I am now a vegetarian. So I wanted to make this for any tips, recipies, suggestions, anything really from anyone who is also doing SB the vegetarian way! I love tofu but I don't want to get sick of it by eating it all the time which is what happen to eggs for me last time I did South Beach Diet. Thanks for everyones feedback and I'll try to put up any yummy veg. recipies I find as well!
kpat0793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #2  

Default Re: South Beach Vegetarian Diet

Google, South Beach Vegetarian Diet 101.
Also, search this forum.
I tried this within the last six month, some how I lost my way!! It worked very well. I have had to watch what I ate all my life, since age eight, and I have had enough!!!
Good Luck.
SouthernComfort257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #3  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi! Check out the South Beach Recipes forum. There are TONS of vegetarian recipes (or recipes that are easily adaptable.) I'm vegetarian and I love this way of eating. I feel great!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

kpat I am also vegetarian, and there are several of us here who have no problem at all following this plan the vegetarian way.
I can make almost any recipe by just substituting seitan, veggie crumbles, tofu, beans, or even cheese for the meat, depending upon the recipe. There are plenty of really good meat substitutes out there. I think you'll be very happy at how adaptable this plan is.

Good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

kpat!

I am "almost" vegetarian....many weeks I eat no meat at all. Like cottage said, I tweak almost any recipe. What I am finding is that I don't notice any change in energy or hunger between the weeks I eat vegetarian or not.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I'm a veg-head, too. South Beach is super easy to do as a vegetarian. I've gotten some great new recipes since hanging out here!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

I am also a vegetarian. I also don't do dairy. I have adapted some of the recipes here and have done some of the recipes in the book. I am not a big tofu person and have not used it once since starting SBD.
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote