3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   On Plan Thread: January 10-January 16 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/221909-plan-thread-january-10-january-16-2011-a.html)

BellaLucia 01-10-2011 01:46 AM

On Plan Thread: January 10-January 16 2011

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

LADY WINDSONG 01-10-2011 04:19 AM

I had a great week on SB Phase 1. On to #2~
Good luck, chickies :mouse:

cottagebythesea 01-10-2011 06:50 AM

My little NSV for today - a pair of jeans that got too tight for me over Christmas slid right on today! :D

Phase 2

B. oats soaked in almond milk w/blueberries & peaches
L. big veggie salad w/feta, 1/2 avocado, and pistachios
S. Greek yogurt w/chia seeds, (Nessa Bar, if I need it)
D. leftover shirataki w/primavera sauce

Mmckellen 01-10-2011 06:57 AM

Second week of Phase 1, counting PP - down 3.6 lbs. my first week! 23 days to go of being very strict on the points, one week to go on Phase 1.
B: 1 cup kefir, 1/4 cup edamame, 1 hard boiled egg
L: huge salad with 2 oz. roast beef, 2 tbsp. parm cheese, 2 tbsp. real caesar dressing
S: 1/2 cup roasted chick peas, chia fresca, carrots
D: chicken sausage with bitter greens with 1 tbsp. olive oil
Points=29

AmyKitKat 01-10-2011 09:30 AM

Second Week of Phase 1 - I made it I made it I made it. (Trying to reinforce myself here...I haven't made it through a weekend clean in years).

Didn't have time to post yesterday, so here is Sunday plus my plan for (duh duh duh da....) D8/P1

Sunday
B: Egg casserole slice with very small slice p/b bread
L: Pumpkin Curry soup with 3 homemade crackers (recipe from this site, mostly just Parmesan cheese and sunflower seeds)
S: Small slice of Quiche Lorraine with all crust discarded
D: 3 different hamburgers with hummus and tomato (at my in-laws and had to bypass the fresh fruit, 3 different bowls of snack stuff, buns, ketchup)...you get the idea, so I went a little crazy with the meat
S: Fresh p/b bread (right out of the oven!)

Monday
B: Egg casserole with, you guessed it, p/b bread
S: Cheese stick(s)
L: Left over Hungarian Pot Roast with Paprika gravy
S: h/b egg w/ s/f jello
D: Lentil soup

zeffryn 01-10-2011 09:31 AM

Congrats Cottage!

Considering rejoining WW....
-
1: smoothie (choc. protein, spinach, frozen berries)
2: lentil and veggie stew with a bit of plain yogurt
3: orange
exercise
4: chicken and vegetable curry

exercise: 45 min. kickboxing class, intervals on the treadmill

sophie 01-10-2011 09:38 AM

phase 2

sunday
b - cottage cheese with 1/3 cup mixed berries
l - half a sandwich with smoked meat and sauerkraut
s - 12 almonds
s - salmon with broccoli and a salad
s - lf cheese

today:
b - oatmeal with almond milk
l - veggie soup and a kiwi
s - yogurt with cinnamon
s - stir fry with beef ( I am so enjoying my new stir fry all clad pan)
s - 1/4 cup cottage with cinnamon

exercise - yoga (adding on more exercise) and a 30 minutes walk probably in the mall because its cold

shelflife 01-10-2011 10:25 AM

Jan 10 (P1, D10)
Wt: 173.5
Workout: Not today.
B: Break free scrambled with salsa and rf cheddar. 2 chicken sausages
Sn: Cheese string.
L: Turkey, bean and veggie soup
Sn:
S: Pesto burgers.
Sn: Popsicle
Vitamin?
Omega-3s?
Thoughts: Taking the day off work to save the people on the ward from my germs. I guess I'll save the people at the gym from them too.

Jan 11 (P1, D11)
Wt: 173.5
Workout: Couch to 5K week 4... couldn't quite finish it though.
B: Turkey, bean, and veggie soup.
Sn: V8 with a babybel
L: Indian chicken with lentils and kidney beans
Sn: Natural pb with celery
S: Lazy (wo)man's cabbage roll casserole - inadvertent oops here! Sugar in the tomato sauce! No wonder I was craving seconds!
Sn: Popsicle?
Vitamin?
Omega-3s?

zeffryn 01-10-2011 10:40 AM

amykitkat - what is p/b bread

buskyandme 01-10-2011 10:48 AM

OMG! I am so happy! Did my first weigh in after being on South Beach for one week (and NO CHEATING!) and I lost 6.5 pounds! This will give me the will power for not drinking wine for another week. And, it will help give my SO the incentive to help me stay on plan with cooking! The only downside is that we have at least 6 inches of snow here in Atlanta, and will be snowed in for a few days (this is the South). He will be having chili and tamales for lunch, I will be having tuna salad.

buskyandme 01-10-2011 10:53 AM

CONGRATULATIONS KITKAT! Staying on plan the first two weeks is the hardest. I did the plan three years ago, so I know that it is well worth it. But, after your body adjusts, it will be easier.

AmyKitKat 01-10-2011 11:02 AM

Hi Zeffryn -

Here is the recipe: not sure where I got it, I'm thinking Kayla's Kitchen... I also posted under Phase I Snacks

P/B Bread:

1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
1/2 cup natural p/b
1/4 cup ricotta cheese (I use plain ff yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Melt p/b in microwave for 1 minute or until smooth
3. Mix all ingredients together
4. Pour into mini muffin cups and bake 15 minutes (I pour all of it into a bread pan and make a loaf)

buskyandme: CONGRATS to you too!!!!!

buskyandme 01-10-2011 11:08 AM

Mmckellen: How are you making your caesar dressing? Dressings seem to be my hardest part. I usually use a balsamic vinegar dressing with a touch of mustard, but balsamic has so much sugar in it, or, a number of homemade dressings. Any help from members re: dressings for salad would be most welcome!

That said... plan for today:

B: Egg white omelet with mushrooms, canadian bacon, green onion, bell pepper
SN: White part of a boiled egg with Chohula hot sauce
L: Tuna Salad
SN: Nuts
D: Chicken Parmigiana, grilled asparagus, steamed cauliflower with garlic herb laughing cow

Mmckellen 01-10-2011 11:45 AM

I keep saying I'm going to make my own dressing, but I just keep going back to Ken's Tableside Caesar. There are 2g sugars per 2 tbsp. serving (2 tbsp. is 4 points) and malodextrine is on the ingredient list, but I love it and since I really don't eat any processed foods I'm going with it.

zeffryn 01-10-2011 12:36 PM

busyk - think outside the box for dressing. I like to use a tablespoon of hummus or a drizzle of dijon mustard and some balsamic vinegar.