South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

Wishing today was also a half day at work, but I know it won't be

I was just looking through my meal plan (in the on plan thread) and I can't believe I've reached day 5 and stayed on plan! This is the longest (by far) that I haven't cheated on a diet! My BF commented yesterday on the amount of trash and dishes we're generating by cooking and eating at home every day. We were definitely eating out way too much before this!

After work I'll have to plan out the rest of my meals for days 6, 7, and 8 and go on a little grocery shopping trip!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chickies. I vowed to post every day, so here I am. Just a quick hello for me today though as I've got an early meeting. Happy Hump Day all! 9 days to vacation!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good Morning,

It's back to work for me today. I made my lesson plans before break and I hope they are good. I have packed a good phase 1 day to keep me on track and out of the goodies I suspect will show up at school.

I made black bean soup and it was yummy last night for dinner. I didn't end up following the SBD recipe. It was to many steps and involved puree which I was not in the mood for.

Have a great day!!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #19  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Again!!

I worked until 4:30 am and got lots done. Internet was fine...it's later in the day that I have problems. I crawled in bed for an hour or so and have been getting the pups out, fed and resettled. I'm leaving in 10 minutes to go scan more pictures...grocery....home...recycle...then possibly to Denver for some needed business supplies at Costco. Thank goodness for SBD energy!

I've read everyone's posts but need to keep on my schedule this AM.

Karen, while you deal with your upcoming surgery. Is it a day surgery or do you stay in?? Perhaps you'll have plenty of time to get back in shape before the upcoming biking season.

Take care everyone!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #20  
sophie

Good Morning,

Hello everyone. Although I am exercising, I feel that I am in sort of a quiet mode right now. There is not much happening except that my daughter finally upgraded her computer and we can use our skype and it was just wonderful seeing my little grandson and he was showing up all the toys he got for Christmas. He asked his mom if we were in the computer. I just love it.
Karen - my DH had hernia surgery a couple of years ago and you could hardly see the incision. His recovery was so quick except for the caution of lifting heavy stuff for a few weeks
Have a good one everyone
take care
Sophie
Old 01-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #21  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! Just popping in to say hi! Busybusybusybusy. This is what I get for taking a week off!

I hope everyone has a great day! OH! Squeezed in Biggest Loser workout last night! Owiee....

Have a good one!

Lisa
Old 01-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Morning All!

Day 3 for me and on track...though I'm just completely worn out; I haven't been able to fall asleep for some reason-which is REALLY unusual for me. I'm the kind of girl who is out before my head hits the pillow. Since I started SBD I just can't do it. I'm thinking that my metabolism is quite revved up (given how hungry I've been) and all will settle down once this feels "normal" and the refined sugars/carbs are out of my system completely.

Mmckellen: I'll be right there with you this weekend; I'm fine during the work week as I'm stuck at a desk with only the food I've brought. The weekend is a killer for me! I was thinking about it this morning and the problem for me is that even when my body doesn't crave sugar, my mind does. I've come to associate sweets and alcohol so much with being home and happy. GRRRR!

Heidi58: I HATE when that happens - I don't know how it usually works for you, but for me, when the scale does that, I usually see some nice progress within a few days. Like, my body is holding on to the weight and then I have a sudden big drop. Keep your chin up - there is NO WAY you put on 1.5 pds.

Natasha1534: Good luck with the 5K!!! I ran my first one this past October after deciding to take up running this past Spring. It's so much fun - you'll have a blast! I totally hear you about those knees; I had loads of injuries even though I followed all the "rules" about learning how to run.

A good morning to everyone else!! Onwards and upwards
Old 01-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #23  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Karen, while you deal with your upcoming surgery. Is it a day surgery or do you stay in?? Perhaps you'll have plenty of time to get back in shape before the upcoming biking season.
He says it will take all of 10 minutes for the surgery part itself! Outpatient. I will so be back pedaling away when the weather warms up! Not sure when I'll try the P90X I got for Christmas though
Old 01-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

Wow! lots of posts already

Karen glad to hear that the surgery part will not take long, I will have you in my prayers.

Quick flyby for me lots to do at work.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 173.5/173.5/140

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone! I started South Beach on Monday and I am determined to stay on it! I did South Beach three years ago with amazing results, time to jump on that bandwagon again.

Mmckellen ~ My secret tip to making it through the weekend (I am also a wine drinker) is to make my weigh-in on Monday. I only weigh-in on Mondays and it is a great motivator to help me get through the weekend!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #26  

Height: 5'8"

Karen, so sorry about your hernia. You will indeed have to take it easy for a while after.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #27  

Default Newbie

Hi everyone!

Day three of South Beach. I did South Beach three years ago with great success and have jumped on the bandwagon again! I decided to join this group because I need some accountability and I find it helps to have others in my situation to discuss things with. And where do you get the cool weight loss bars?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #28  

And I feel your pain Mmckellen, I too love a glass of wine! I have found that doing my only weigh-in on Monday helps me get through the weekend!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #29  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Good Morning!

I'm back to the beach today. I'm on Day 5 of P1, hoping to get back on track again. Last fall was a stressful mess and my body suffered for it!

I see a lot of familiar faces and it's good to get back to this. I know from past experience that keeping up with you guys is a sure way for success!

I'm also keeping a log of my food and exercise on www.loseit.com. Nice iphone app.

I'm gonna get to my goal weight this time! For sure!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I decided not to do the volunteering job until I know whether I have a paying job or not.
Closed Thread