South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Beloved- my DH sounds a lot like yours, I let my DH know that no matter what he says I love myself to much to listen to his discouraging words. Since I let him know he has been much better, still has his moments when he gets angry. I basically told him if he wasn't happy to hit the door running, that stopped him in his tracks. The truth is he isn't happy with himself so he takes it out on others and I told him that is unacceptable.

Mmc and Lisa- I am thinking of adding WW plus to SB as well. A co-worker brought in her getting started book for me to look over. I love SB, but I have a problem with portions after Phase 1 is completed and completely derail, so I am hoping by combining it will do the trick.

Hello to everyone else.

Been kicking the exercise up this week and food on track so I am happy about that.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #17  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Thank you all for the support, it was a typo when I said I'd be better off without "me", a telling one :-/

Believe me, it crosses my mind, but I am not there now. I keep thinking I will get through to him, I know that sounds pathetic.

About Points Plus, it sounds perfect, because when I was on WW before, I ate junk. This program sounds more SDB like, which is why I feel I can do them together. DH is cooking pancakes for DD and himself, I am not even tempted.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello Chicks,
Christmas sure was crazy. I feel like it just passed me by with all the hours I was putting in at work. Oh well, there's always next year, and by then I should have some PTO saved up and be able to take some time off to enjoy.
I have been taking LOOONG walks most mornings and I'm proud of myself for that. My eating has been out of control, but I have almost all the crap out of the house and have made good healthy Phase I dinners and lunches for the week. We are going to Orlando in a couple of weeks and I'd really like to feel in control by then. I may be going to the Netherlands in March, so I'll set my first big goal for March 15, to be back in my medium sized jeans (I've got super-fat jeans, fat jeans, skinny jeans, and everything in-between! Right now I'm in the fats. I just don't feel emotionally equipped to go near a scale right now, so I have no idea what I weigh.
This morning I have to take my car in for "oil maintenance" as the Toyota people call it. There's a Starbucks next door, so I think I'll take my laptop and work there while I wait. Well, I'd better get some breakfast before I go so I'm not tempted by those pastries! Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Wow! You all get up early early early!

Happy to be back for day 2
Yesterday went pretty well - didn't pack enough food (I forgot how hungry I get on the first few days when I'm in true 'detox' mode). But I managed to hold off of the snack machines and have a slice of swiss cheese and a hard boiled egg as soon as I got the kids home from daycare. *phew*

I'm so amazed at all of you who are starting Phase 1 again and had any energy to exercise! All day I planned on getting out the Wii Fit when I got home and playing with the kids, and by the time I finally got home I had zero energy.

Mmckellen: You can totally ignore my post to you in the daily food thread - I do know WW points; can you fill me in on how you are applying them? Are you sticking to say, 24 points a day but all SBD friendly? Are you using bonus points on non-SBD food?

Beloved: I'm sending you a virtual hug even though we don't know each other. It sounds like this is a pattern for your hubby and I feel for you. I HATE it when double standards rear their head with my DH.

Schmoodle: I did the same terrible eating during the holidays - I'm trying to use it as a tool to keep on track (yes, I know it's only day 2); I keep telling myself that if I ate like crap for 15 days I need to do a true Phase I for at LEAST 14

Last edited by AmyKitKat; 01-04-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good Morning,

Beloved-sorry about the stress you are going thru. I hope it gets better.

My last day of freedom. It's back to the grind tomorrow. It's a good thing I love my job. Today I need to take the car in, yuck. However, I think I will take a walk why they are woking on it. This afternoon my son has his first voice/piano lesson. Tonight I am making black bean soup, my first offical SBD recipe.

My dr. has me overloading on cheese this week. I can already tell it is making me feel yuck. This is what she expected. I am probably about to get the offical label of lactose intolerant.

Have a great SBD day!!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 294/197/160

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone!

Beloved, I could hear myself if some of what you wrote about your husband. I am sorry to hear that you are being treated less than the respect any human being deserves. I hope your day gets better!

Karen-Between my boyfriend and my French bulldog snoring last night, I lost several hours of sleep. Though it is quite funny to hear them snoring in sync!

Litar/McKellan-I took a two week detour around the holidays but didnt do too much damage, i got back on Phase 1 yesterday too and so far so good. The new cookbook I got really helped! Good luck!

Good morning to everyone else, sorry I dont have time to say personal Hellos to everyone because I have a meeting. YUCK.

We are having a meeting today because my boss fired our nurse yesterday, I am really upset about it and ready to share my opinion with the other people in my office, including my terrrible boss. She is a very mean and hateful person, sometimes I cant blame her because life has definitely
thrown some lemons at her.

I made some Phase 1 crab and avocado salad last night to have for lunch today and I am anxious to dive into it, it looks and smells so good. I even bought whole crab legs to throw in since they were on sale for cheap!

I took my Frenchie to doggy day care for the first time today and felt a little anxiety leaving her there. Does that make me a crazy dog mom?

have a wonderful day ladies!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #22  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning my friends I'm out the door for my walk and will check back in later today for personals. Hope everyone has a good on plan day
Old 01-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #23  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

BelovedK, Hope you're feeling a bit better. It sounds like many of us have similar occurences, and I'm like PearlRose, learning to take care of myself amidst the ups and downs. I do find that the less those situations "bother me", the less they tend to occur. I used to get upset, not exercise and eat bad. Now I just brush it off and exercise, which usually leads to better eating because I did take care of me.

We slept in, got the pups out then I got a call from the president of our animal rescue. It was almost 2 hours now I really need to reconstruct my plan for the day. I was asked if I'd consider being on the board of directors for the rescue, which for me sounds quite gratifying. I need to send my schedule to them to see if I'd be able to fit meetings in since I'm 150 miles away. I need to make a list...and have my smoothie and vitamins....it's going to be approaching lunchtime.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #24  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Beloved - One word for you. *PUNT* Hugs to you sister. I'll keep you in my prayers. Always remember you DESERVE happiness.

Day 2 - so far so good. Definitely getting lots of veggies, and my body is definitely "reacting" to them all. Cabbage-filled veggie soup + lentils = Boom. Just so everyone is clear on that. Boom.

Still busy at work but at least we're at almost full-staff again. Trying to get caught up, just wanted to take a quick break and say hi to everyone! Hi!

For those that are having bad days, I hope they improve! To everyone else, be blessed!

Lisa
Old 01-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #25  
Rebelwithacause

Thumbs up

I'm back and exercise is completed!

Ruth, our DD2 just got her rescued dog, Tank, certified as a therapy dog and he is such a charmer that he will be great.

Amy, when I did phase one I did not exercise at all, just didn't have the energy so you aren't alone.

Lindsay, We also have a frenchie that we rescued last summer. They are quite the characters, aren't they? At least we always know where they are because of their snoring or grunting. Wish we lived closer as I would volunteer to babysit you little one anytime.

The sun is out and bright and felt so good on my face. Again, it is so nice to not be walking in the rain.

I got a good reminder this morning of a lesson that I have yet to learn. Yesterday I sure didn't want to go on my walk and almost quit and turned around for home several times but I hung in there and finished. Then throughout the day I was dragging and just felt out of sorts but again I hung in there and didn't eat anything off plan. Well, this morning the scale was kind to me for hanging in there and I'm not three pounds closer to my next goal! I've just got to remember that those days happen and all I have to do is hang in there and it will pay off! Oh yes, today I'm feeling much better and the walk was much easier.

Well, back to going through the numerous totes of Christmas things. Day two for this project. Wonder if I'll finish today or go to day three tomorrow? Take care of yourselves my friends and I'll "see" you later.

The brindle frenchie on the left is ours and the one on the right is the newly qualified therapy dog. Both were rescued.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0396.jpg (39.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Tank Nov 2010.jpg (20.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by TallandThin; 01-04-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I posted my pic of me with the hairstyle up, can you see it? If not, visit my facebook. My email addy is
Old 01-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Day one complete, now working on day 2 of phase 1 and the SBD flu has arrived. I felt great this morning, but now I am feeling ick. Last time this took a few days to pass and I was pretty grumpy. This time I am tired. I'm sure the rainy day and the second day back at work isn't helping. Good thing is I have successfully turned down all kinds of goodies that students have brought in and stayed on plan.

Also I am pretty excited about the new Biggest Loser starting tonight. I'm going to walk on my treadmill while I watch at a nice pace--not too hard or too easy. I'm saving my tough workouts for later in the week.

Have a good day chicks! Thanks for your encouragement and support!!!!

Last edited by sarahsk; 01-04-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #28  
Rebelwithacause

Sara, hang in there girl, it will pass and you will be so happy!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #29  

S/C/G: maintaining

Well, it's official - I have a hernia. Just a little one, as if that makes me feel better about having surgery next week! I will have the longest spell without exercise that I have had in over a decade. Scary.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #30  

Height: 5'4"

My first day back to work turned out to be a half-day! Woohoo! Used the afternoon somewhat productively and I've now got a soup simmering on the stove. Looking forward to trying it for dinner!

I've got to get some studying done but just wanted to check in!
Closed Thread