3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   "Fringe Benefits" of SBD (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/220878-fringe-benefits-sbd.html)

strangerthanfiction 01-01-2011 12:41 PM

"Fringe Benefits" of SBD

Happy 2011, Chicks. I was on SB from mid-August until Halloween of 2010. I lost about 15 pounds and am now "back on the Beach" in preparation for my wedding on January 22. I'm doing phase 1 until then, hoping to drop another ten pounds. Even if I don't make it to my goal, at least I know my skin will look better and I'll feel good for the big day.

Speaking of, I noticed that nice, healthy-looking skin was one of the unexpected physical changes I experienced when I did SB last year. I also noticed that my period was extremely regular. Has anyone else experienced this? I normally have a very irregular cycle (I'm dealing with PCOS as well; South Beach was recommended to me by my gynecologist), so I was pleased to see it come like clockwork when I was on the diet. Hoping that happens again. I think the stress of the wedding and an impending cross-country move have thrown it out of whack.

What other "fringe benefits" have you experienced that you attribute to SBD?

TallandThin 01-01-2011 04:24 PM

Howdy Strangerthanfiction. Welcome back to the beach and congrats on your soon to be wedding. Hope you get those ten pounds off for your big day and I know you will be able to handle the pre-wedding stress better if you are eating healthy.

Hope your move to California goes smoothly. What part of California will you be moving to?

Lexxiss 01-01-2011 05:45 PM

Welcome back!

I think my greatest fringe benefit(s) are;

1. no longer having the extreme ups and downs with my blood sugar. If I get in a pinch now and end up stranded without OP food, I can tolerate the hunger until I get to a location where I can eat.

2. not always being in the "starving" mode. I remember the ache when I used to diet...which I feel always contributed my falling off the wagon.

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding!

Natasha1534 01-01-2011 06:09 PM

I have to agree w/ you on the benefits you listed...those have also been 2 of my biggest benefits. Skin is way clearer and smoother since going on SB in April. And when I started SB I was taking Provera in order to start my period. After I had lost 65 pounds, the Provera stopped working and I went off of it. The next month, I started on my own. Ever since then I've started like clockwork every 28 days.

ChicoryCat 01-02-2011 12:38 AM

Increased energy!

Another fringe benefit - I seem to have a more steady flow of energy through the day, more energy in general and the ups and downs are less extreme.

I hope you have a fantastic wedding day! :love: