Weekend South Beach Chat

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Happy New Year and thank you for your prayers regarding my job opportunity. I will let you know how the interview on Monday goes!
  • Happy New Year everyone! I hope this goes as planned; new year, new me. Just stopping in really quickly.

God Bless and good day!
  • Happy New Year!

I survived the Youth Group New Year's Eve Bash and safely drove 6 teens and myself home after midnight. The kids seemed to have a great time eating, playing games, etc. and were focused during the devotional time just before midnight. I'm really pleased with how the night went. I did have a couple of bites of things I shouldn't have, but not enough to do any damage so it was a great night all around. I'm drinking a cup of tea and unwinding a little now so that I can go to sleep. I'll start the new year by sleeping late.

May 2011 be a wonderful year full of great health, much joy and many blessings for each of you dear friends.
  • Cool beans Heidi, we will reach our goals together in 2011!
  • Happy NEW year to you lovely ladies.

I was awaken by the fireworks welcoming in 2011. So I changed the sheets on my bed and put in a load of Lou's clothes.

He doesn't want to start SB until Monday due to all his "goodies" he still wants to eat. I said IF they are not gone by Sunday night OUT THEY GO!

I will be taking my before picture today and will weigh. I will oficially start Monday but I will be practicing today and tomorrow and rereading in the Supercharged book.

I also have to go find my SB cookbook. So glad I didn't give it away.

I love to cook so I am going to have fun revamping!

I don't need to lose asmuch weight as my Lou does (have lost 50) but I need some structure.

SB, new friends and a new year I am happy to be here.
  • Good Morning

Wishing us all the best this year with our health, weightloss and life in general!

We've walked the pups in the bitter cold and will join Mom for breakfast at 8. Then the day is all ours! We'll stay indoors since it's freezing outside!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Happy new year, everyone!
  • Good morning and Happy New Year!

This old babe was in bed before ten last night but I did have some champagne with friends who dropped in. They wanted to finish up the Christmas party leftovers from the freezer and did a good job. You can always count on my friends to demolish food.

We are having another "spring" day today with the temperature going to 50ºF! That'll break a record but we will be back to our usual deep cold after today. It was a bonus and the dogs have enjoyed it.

Have a lovely and relaxing first day of 2011!
  • I celebrated the start of the new year by sleeping in.

Everyone was gone by 9pm last night, and I was in bed an hour later. I did hear some fireworks going off at midnight, but drifted right back to sleep. Foodwise, I didn't do too bad. I did partake of the fondue, and had some cheese and triscuits and some shrimp, and stayed away from all the sweets. But I had two amaretto and ginger ales, and I'm sure they weren't any good for me.

Today we're taking down the tree and the rest of the decorations and getting the house back to normal. We're having all the family over tomorrow for our postponed Christmas dinner and they want me to keep my tree up, but I'm tired of looking at it.

For supper today, we're having our traditional New Year's dinner of pork and sauerkraut, black-eyed peas, and cornbread. I'll cook my sauerkraut separate from the pork, and have a nice plate of that with the black-eyed peas, and a small piece of cornbread. If I get ambitious, maybe I'll make the fake cornbread for myself, then I can have a bigger piece.

I wish you all a Happy and Healty New Year!
  • Good morning and happy New Year! I was also in bed early. I'm not one for resolutions but there are certainly things I plan to work on this year, and always. Eating well is, of course, top of my list.

I want to give a big thank you to everyone. Becoming a part of this amazing community was one of the highlights of 2010 for me

Looking forward to a great 2011 for us all!
  • It is -19!
  • Morning everyone and

Phase 1, day 1! Official starting weight is 179lbs... goal is 173lbs by Jan 31!

We decided to skip the city's new year celebration and the -31ºC (-23ºF) temperatures, and spent the evening at home. I wound up asleep before midnight

Today the plan is to take down the tree, and keep warm.
  • Good morning Like the other old folks I was in bed by 10 last night. Unfortunately the insomnia hit around 3 but I was able to get back to sleep eventually and am just now getting up. It's going to be 50 here so I'm sure we will head out somewhere to look for birds and walk around.

Today is a new day and I'm off to reinstate the ticker. Welcome to 2011 friends
  • Happy New Year!!!

My goal this is year is to stay positive and get back on track with my weight loss.

We had a crazy day yesterday in St. Louis area, we had tornado sirens going off everywhere, had to run to the basement and on top of it I was oncall and I had to assist from home because work was so busy. We were going to go to St. Louis for their 1st night but I was too tired, so we stayed home. DD2 and I played xbox360 and then at 11;30, dh joined us to watch the tape delayed ball drop in NYC. DD1 and DS went over to friends houses. It was not too bad of a way to ring in the New Year. I woke up early so decided to get my workouts in and did 2 back to back.

Okie- I will be praying for your job interview that it goes well and is what you want.

Have a wonderful weekend.