Question about energy drinks

• My husband and I are planning on starting Phase I around the New Year (not as a resolution but due to payday) but he has a concern about the use of energy drinks.

Due to his cluster "headaches" he uses energy drinks as a vasoconstrictor to lessen the extreme pain. (Long explanation if you haven't heard of clusters)

Currently, he's using Monster Lo-Carb but looking at this, glucose is listed as the second ingredient. He can switch to Rockstar Sugar Free as it uses sucralose instead.

I know sucralose (Splenda) is allowed, I'm just not sure if having large amounts of taurine, inositol, etc. in the "energy blend" is known to cause any issues in any of the phases.

We want to make sure we're doing this right so we don't fail. Unfortunately if these are a problem I don't think there's another option.
  • I'd say the best thing would be to check with your doctor. South Beach is sort of K.I.S.S. in it's approach as in Keep it Simple. I'm afraid I've no knowledge of those ingredients or of energy drinks of any kind. Sorry.