South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #16  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

OK girls, I'm not sure how widespread this chain of sandwich shops is, but has anyone else ever had Roly Poly sandwiches? They're a sandwich shop but everything's a wrap. I had it for the first time last night and I swear, it was AMAZING. Here's the kicker: I went out to eat, and what I ate was OP!!!!! I got the Spinach Popper, which is a whole wheat tortilla with lite cream cheese, spinach, tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, and chipotle ranch. The awesome thing is that they have tons of lighter sauces to substitute for the chipotle ranch since it's a bit higher in fat. It was SO good and SO filling and after I ate it, I started to do the "let's make yourself feel guilty for eating out" thing, and I went WAIT! Whole wheat, lite, 86 the ranch...... WOOHOO!

My other news is that I'm down another pound! Yesssss. 2 lbs down, 2 to go (for Dec anyway!) Anything more is an extra special bonus lol

I hope everyone's having a good day. I gotta get back to work. Have a good one!

Lisa
Old 12-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #17  
Live, Laugh, Love

SCHMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZLE!!!!! Thanks for coming by to say hi! Nice to see you!
Old 12-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #18  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Lex, very well put. Least we forget how far we have come. I too am very thankful that I'm thinner than I was two months ago. Sorry about the drama in your life but am impressed with how you are handling it.

Heidi, glad Fergie is feeling better. Enjoy those rowdy little ones knowing that it doesn't last too long and you can then send them home to their parents . We don't have any little ones in our family right now and miss that.

Annie, so sorry you may have to cancel your trip but your dad's health must come first.

Cottage and Ruth, sorry you are under the weather.

Schmoodle, glad to meet you. Come back often. It helps.

Lisa, we don't have Roly Poly out here in northern Calif., wish we did. Congrats on your weight loss.

Sounds the the common word this morning is "busy" which applies to me too. Going out for a bit of shopping, errands and then to eat out with a friend. Already got my walk in so that's a good thing. Take care of yourselves my friends and I'll see you later.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Karen, How's your tummy??
Thanks for asking, Debbie. It is still bothering me but not as bad as it was. I actually see the doctor again next week for my annual physical and will talk to her about it then if it is not 100%

So... here it is mid-afternoon and I am still in my pajamas! I have been very productive getting stuff done that needed to be done, but never got around to exercise today (thanks to the darn belly-ache) and that is when I usually get dressed. Hubby is gone all day (with the car) so no one to see me being an unwashed slob.

My new favorite treat - chocolate decaf tea.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #20  
Live, Laugh, Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post
My new favorite treat - chocolate decaf tea.
Alright, ya got me. What brand? Where did you find it?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #21  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

The variety I buy is Guayaki Mate Chocolatte. It's pricey but worth it when I need a chocolate fix
Old 12-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #22  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle View Post
Alright, ya got me. What brand? Where did you find it?
I blogger recommended it to me... It is Teavana Aztec Fire. They have a store at my local mall but sell online too. Yep, expensive. I am thinking I'll have DH get me more for my stocking this year.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon, ladies!!! It has been a busy, but fun, week and I am very tired now. I'm glad I don't have anything social to do for a while now...very glad, LOL

Lexxiss - You are SO right!!! I know that I have a long way to go still but I am SO thankful to be where I am at this point. I'm wearing jeans that are nearly falling off that I haven't been able to wear in 6 or 7 years...and even then I had to lay down on the bed to get them zipped, LOL!!! 264 pounds is still a long ways from goal, but it's darn sure a lot closer than it used to be!!! Wow...sorry about your sis-in-law's tantrum. That sounds...well...awkward to say the least. Congratulations on resisting the temptation to comfort yourself w/ food. *high five* And now you've got me craving spaghetti squash!!! Ooooh...27 degrees and in the pool w/ snow falling on your head??? I always assumed it was an indoor pool...please tell me I misunderstood today's post and it is indeed inside and that you could just SEE the snowflakes, LOL

Heidi - Your post made me giggle. Jersey, my friend that I just went to Florida to move back up here, has been LOVING the warm weather here in the South. Well, we got her back to Georgia and it's been freezing!!! Yesterday we're driving to K-mart and snow flurries start falling on my car. I thought she was gonna cry, LOL Then she talked to a friend from Jersey and they were like "what are you talking about, wuss, it's 26 degrees here!!!" and she had to respond "it's 20 here." LOL Glad to hear Fergie is feeling better.

annieoh - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that Ireland doesn't have to be canceled.

Cyndi - Wow...talk about cutting it close w/ the itinerary!!! EEK!!! I hope ya'll have a GREAT trip...hectic or not. Ouch...sounds like a booger of a painful injury DW has there. And what's worse is they really can't do anything for a broken toe except tape it to another one. Hope she is able to get it healed enough to at least be able to enjoy some of your NM trip.

cottage - Hope you feel better soon!!!

Ruth - Another sickly one...hope you feel better soon, too!!!

Schmoodle - Welcome back!!! I can't say I blame your neighbor for wussing out in 18 degree weather. I took a 40 minute walk yesterday in 30 degree weather and it was darn cold. I don't blame ya...I would've chosen coffee, too.

sophie - Good for you!!!

weezle - I haven't had Roly Poly but I have had Hovan Gourmet which sounds kind of similar. Your wrap sounds yummy...too bad we don't have any of those around here. Good job sticking w/ OP options!!!

TallandThin - Good job getting your walk in first...hope you enjoyed your lunch date w/ your friend.

As for me...went last night to see The Nutcracker. It started snowing a few hours before it was time to leave...by the time we headed out it was snowing pretty hard. Nothing stuck, though, and it stopped after 2 1/2 hours of flurries. Enjoyed the Nutcracker, as usual. Stopped by Starbucks afterwards for coffee...light pumpkin spice latte, YUM!!! Today I got up early and hit the gym w/ Jersey before we headed out to Covington for the day. Totally blew any hope of on-plan eating w/ lunch...I have decided tomorrow we're ALL going to Phase 1.5 and only allowing ourselves the fruits and vegetables we get w/ PH2. This week has been a HORRIBLE SB week due to all the social engagements and it has GOT to stop before it gets worse.

Tomorrow it's back to work. I work all weekend and then I have SRT training on Monday and SWAT training on Wednesday. Hopefully they'll let me leave work early Sunday night b/c otherwise I'll be heading to class at 0800 hrs after having gotten off work at 0530 hrs.

I'm adding a few pictures from The Nutcracker last night and our trip to Covington today. The first one is my mom and niece w/ the Chick-fil-A cow. The second is Jersey, Sherada, and me in front of the Christmas tree in the lobby at the Grand Opera House. The third is one of my favorite scenes from the ballet (yes, I took pictures w/ no flash even though NO photography is allowed...shhhhhhhhhh, don't tell!!! LOL). The fourth is the inside of the Blue Willow (the restaurant we ate at for lunch). The fifth is the fountain in front of the Blue Willow that was frozen solid, LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New camera test pics 046.jpg (22.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg New camera test pics 050.jpg (35.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg New camera test pics 055.jpg (31.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Willow 005.jpg (34.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Willow 022.jpg (45.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 12-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #24  

Some more...

1) Mom and I in front of the fountain.
2) The outside of the Blue Willow.
3) Amazing Grace, the pig made from a hay bale. LOL She's missing an ear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blue Willow 014.jpg (43.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Willow 018.jpg (46.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Willow 024.jpg (63.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

You look so good Natasha! Debbie, hang in there!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:14 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
You look so good Natasha! Debbie, hang in there!
Thanks, Okie!!!
Closed Thread