South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/203/135

Height: 5ft6.5in. (give or take, LOL)

Lightbulb Phase one, Carls Jr, and weight loss time expectations

Hello ladies,

I am on day five of the diet and have been trying to abide as much as I can, with my limited meat options, to the books day by day plan. I don't feel as though I am losing any weight. I feel like Im not bloated anymore, nor hungry. I have not been considering the calories and quantity, but my satiety in hunger during eating at a moderate/monitored pace. Boy, I feel no hunger for sure...which makes snacks and dessert hard.

Do I really have to have the snacks or dessert when Im feeling satisfied in my tummy?

How long will it take for me to notice weight loss, without going to the scale? Is it possible not to lose on this diet?

I am attending these adoption classes, and my husband and I don't have time to eat at home. We went to Carls Jr last night. I ordered the low carb angus there without the ketchup. I also had a salad with a tbsp of balsamic vinegarette. It had sugar added I noticed, so I didn't use the whole thing. Didn't need to, I noticed later. LOL I also had a large diet coke. I know, but I have been diligent to 2 cups o coffee and 48-64 oz water a day.

Did I do well in my choices there? Considering?

Am I doing alright. Are we able to include the tiniest moresal of added sugar food to our pallete in phase one, oy....the questions.

Thank you for your help, if you made it this far and are willing to assist. Encouragement needed, I am wondering if I am just making my self fatter, not skinnier with this diet...it just seems like all I do is eat.
mom4yehoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #2  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I had the same problem! I honestly felt like I was eating ALL the time.

I stuck to the meal plans in my SBD book pretty strictly the first month or so. When I went out, or had to go out, I did what you did and had no ketchup, low carb burgers etc. But, I did cut them in half.

I have the snacks because they keep me from being hungry later. It has been three months (next Tuesday will be exactly 3 months) and I have lost 30 lbs.

As far as noticing it without the scale, 30 lbs down and I still do not notice when I look. I do notice how I feel, which is better, and how my clothes fit, which is better.

I really had to look at it as a lifestyle change and getting healthy. Weightloss is just a happy side effect

Good luck, everyone here is super helpful, if you have questions. Ask
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #3  

Thank you so much for your response. I feel bad that I had the whole burger now, but at least I learned something more. I hope you continue doing well in your diet. Congrats on the 30, that is quite an achievement, noticeable or not.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #4  
OMW to a brand new me!

Don't feel bad at all. I am not sure how the calorie situation works with South Beach, but I count calories as well. Not sure which helps the MOST with the weightloss, but one or both of them do, the SBD guidelines help with how I FEEL. But if it makes you feel any better, I probably would not have been able to finish the whole burger even without the "diet"
Old 12-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Dessert is not required...but it's heavily recommended that you eat your 3 meals and 2 snacks per day in order to keep your blood sugar levels, well, level.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

The Low Carb burger has pretty shocking calorie and fat amts. (570 calories, of which 380 are fat!) Not OK for SB. On SB it's recommended to eat lean protein - at least 90% lean meats. The dressing is listed as having 3 Gms. of sugar per serving which is OK. You can have salad dressings that have 3 Gms. of less sugar. Most of us don't follow the menus in the book. We have fantastic recipes in this forum. Phase I is about detoxing from sugar, so it's wouldn't be advised to eat anything with added sugars, if it can be avoided. Good luck!

I wouldn't eat snacks if you're not hungry. You are encouraged to eat every 3 hours or so to keep your blood glucose stable. Most of us go through a period of not wanting to eat in Phase I. I remember it well.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #7  

Talking

Thank you natasha and murphmitch. Your input is so helpful.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #8  
OMW to a brand new me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
You are encouraged to eat every 3 hours or so to keep your blood glucose stable. Most of us go through a period of not wanting to eat in Phase I. I remember it well.
I wish it would come back HAHA
Old 12-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylioness View Post
I wish it would come back HAHA
Me too!
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote