3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Turkey Thursday! Have a great Thanksgiving (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/218141-turkey-thursday-have-great-thanksgiving.html)

BellaLucia 11-25-2010 12:02 AM

Turkey Thursday! Have a great Thanksgiving

Enjoy the day to the best of your ability and get back on the horse the next day. As we look towards December, let's cherish what we've accomplished in our lives e.g. weight loss, jobs, etc! Thank you for your friendship!

Lexxiss 11-25-2010 05:33 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

Okie, thanks for getting us started this morning.:)

:happ3: everyone! I hope that whatever you do today, whether you celebrate or not, that you have a happy day full of peace and thanks-giving.

It is freezing cold here, and the wind is howling. I'm puttering around and will probably go back to bed for awhile. I had some peeled yams that I needed to make a decision on. I had for sure decided they wouldn't be full of brown sugar and marshmallows. :fr: I ended up sauteeing them in a little coconut oil, then sprinkling some curry blend and coconut powder, a little chopped onion and some ground coconut, before transferring them to the crock pot. I'll reevaluate when I get back up. I think they are a work in progress.:stir:

Natasha1534 11-25-2010 06:07 AM

Good morning, ladies!!! I'm finishing up my Thanksgiving baking and I'm about to head to bed. Unfortunately I'm on call this week and one of the people on this shift had a grandparent pass away, so I got called in on overtime on both days. :( Oh well...I'm sure he'd rather be at work than at his grandmother's funeral. Doesn't mean I have to be happy about being at work on Thanksgiving, though. :(

I'm heading to bed...no time for personals just yet. Hope everybody has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Heidi58 11-25-2010 06:27 AM

:thanks1:Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving friends!

I've got Mr. Turkey in the oven and my schedule of what to do at what time on the fridge so I'm happy as a clam right now. lol My husband is asleep in his recliner in the living room and my mom and kids are all asleep upstairs. I love having everyone here! :)

My husband's foot was bothering him during the night on Monday but we didn't think too much of it. I got up early and left for school on Tuesday morning, going straight from school to the airport where we sat for quite a while waiting for my daughter's flight to finally arrive. It was after midnight when we got home and Fergie's foot was bad enough that I wanted to take him to the ER. He insisted on waiting but by yesterday morning both feet were swollen, red and terribly painful. He could barely walk. We were waiting at the health center when they opened and he was diagnosed with gout. :( They kept asking if he'd ever had it before - I guess it's uncommon to have a flare up in more than one joint when it's your first episode. Anyway, I spent my day before Thanksgiving driving all over western Maine to pick up prescriptions, and trying to figure out how to help him get comfortable at home. The cure is almost worse than the gout. I won't go into details but one of his prescriptions says, "Take 1 pill every hour until sick or until you have taken 5 pills..." :eek: The funny thing is that he's been eating really well for the past year - pretty much SBD with some Doritos and potoatoes on the side. ;) They believe his gout is probably a side effect of one of his medications.

His feet are feeling a little better this morning but he's one very miserable guy and he's not going to be enjoying a Thanksgiving dinner today. :(

This is going to be a different kind of Thanksgiving for us, but I'm looking forward to a great day of family time and good fun. I'm wishing the same for all of you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Thursday! :hug:

BelovedK 11-25-2010 07:22 AM

Oh no, Heidi :-/ I hope he get's better quick, how scary, and I'm sorry he rhas to take those meds, I will be sending good thoughts :hug: It sounds cozy though, you making Thanksgiving preparations. I did the whole turkey, stuffing baking things last Sunday and had the stepkids all over, it was very nice being the first one up, preparing the food. I loved it.

Natasha, I'm sorry you have to work on Thanksgiving, have a good rest :hug:

Lexxiss, that sounds yummo! I love curry and cocoanut milk. It also sounds cozy

Okie, thanks for getting us started and reminding us to be thankful :)

I am still really sick (or was last night) I think I am feeling better today, time will tell. I am having hot coffee. I had Ezekiel bread toast with sf preserves (blueberry.) P2, may be a few too many carbs, but one of the only things I want. I am going to decide whether or not I go with DH to Tgiving at his family's house later, when I see how I am feeling. His family is 2 hours away, and dinner is at 4:30.

Have a happy day everyone!!!!!!

cottagebythesea 11-25-2010 07:27 AM

:happ3: HAPPY THANKSGIVING :thanks1:

I'm popping our bird in the oven around 9am, so right now Jake and I are enjoying some quiet time with our coffee before everyone makes their way downstairs. We stayed up late last night to wait for my SIL, Eric, to get in, then sat around chatting and finishing up a Scrabble game til wayyyyyyyy after my usual bedtime. :coffee:

Okie ~ Have fun at your friend's house and enjoy your dinner. Remember not to go too overboard!

Natasha ~ That's a shame you have to work on the holiday, but at least you're being a good sport about it. I hope your day is a good one.

Debbie ~ Your recipe for the yams sounds interesting, and I'm eager to hear how it turned out. Are you having a big dinner today?

Heidi ~ I'm so sorry about Fergie and hope his feet aren't giving him too much discomfort today. That treatment sounds pretty grueling, poor guy. I hope he's able to enjoy the day surrounded by his loved ones, and hope you have a pleasant day, too.

We're having dinner around 3, and there will only be 13 of us today. We'll be missing Caitlyn but hope to skype with her later today. Jake, Monica and I are planning to go to ToysRUs when they open at 10 tonight, and that should be interesting. Amber is really into Legos, and they're 1/2 price tonight, so I hope it's worth it to go check out the sales. ;)

Be safe, and enjoy your day! :turkey:

BelovedK 11-25-2010 07:47 AM

Good morning cottage :)

You're getting started on Black Friday early!!! Have fun, and have a nice Thanksgiving xo

AuntBea 11-25-2010 07:52 AM

I am thankful ...

---for this thread!
---to have found 3FC!
---there is a day every year with "thanks" that REALLY makes me stop and think about all the good people in my life

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you inspiring, wonderful people!

BelovedK 11-25-2010 08:04 AM

Good morning Aunt Bea!! xoxo

CyndiM 11-25-2010 08:42 AM

Good morning :coffee2: I actually slept in until 7 when the cats decided it was definitely time to get up. Then I lounged for awhile and played with the silly facebook book list. I hope the whole day is this relaxing.

FO - Hope you have a lovely day with friends

Debbie - those yams sound interesting, let us know the final verdict. I picked up some local dark ruby yams yesterday for sweet potato fries.
Wish you could keep that cold there. It looks like it will be here after midnight.

Natasha - So sorry you have to work today. I hope you still get some quality time with the family and all those baked things you've been working on.

Heidi - that does sound like an extreme first episode. I hope the meds aren't as difficult as they sound and they do the job fast. I'll be thinking about you all today :hug:

Beloved - the trick now is to not overdo it, a really hard thing for a Mom. Hope you really are better and are able to enjoy your day.

Cottage - Hooray for Skype. Will Caitlyn be home for Christmas? Enjoy your family time and Lego shopping.

AuntBea - :wave:

It's a quiet day for us. I'll make a scaled down vegetarian version of the typical feast but it will be completely on plan and there will be leftovers for sure. I might even sneak a nap in!

Whether it's a normal day or a big event hope your day is special

WaistingTime 11-25-2010 08:45 AM

Happy Thanksgiving!

Okie - Wonderful sentiment.

Debbie - The yams sound yummy; I love coconut. Cold reaches here too. Brr.

Natasha - Sorry you have to work. I am sure your coworker is thankful for you this weekend.

Heidi - Gout! Yikes. I hope he feels better soon.

Beloved - I hope you are feeling better already!

Linda - Amazing how many stores are open today. I hate crowds but I do love a bargain. Still deciding if I even venture out tomorrow to shop.

AuntBea - It is nice to stop and think about being thankful. I admit that I am not one who usually does that.

Today I rolled over in bed, spooned my husband, and told him all the ways I was thankful for him. I made myself cry. It was good. We have dinner at my mom's later and I still have my quinoa dish to make. I admit that I have just given in on eating this week and want to get through today. Tomorrow... phase 1 again. Sigh.

Oops - Hi Cyndi!

Lexxiss 11-25-2010 09:15 AM

Hi again! I see everyone is waking! We are bringing breakfast over to my Mom very soon, since it's so miserably cold. Then we'll come home and load up all our food contributions and head down to Denver. I just might take my laptop in case the youthful gathering gets too long. The kids definitely down a few brewskis on TG and we'd opt out early but Kirks bro has just flown in from the East coast and will be interested in some visiting with the old (sober) folks. We may actually buzz back home around 8:30pm to take care of the pups then head back down. We'll see. Kirks bro is only here for 4 days.

Heidi, so sorry to hear about Fergie and his gout. My stepdad had gout many years back and I'll send you a message tomorrow. It was reoccuring and there were other natural things we did to help alleviate it, in addition to his meds. Black cherry juice comes to mind, right off the top of my head. :hug:

Lisa(Weezle), thinking of Butch and your family today, too.:hug:

Have a great day everyone!

sophie 11-25-2010 09:32 AM

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all. Enjoy your friends and family most of all.

I am back from my trip and having a hard time getting back in the groove but gained one lb and hope its off by Saturday.

take care
Sophie

BelovedK 11-25-2010 09:59 AM

So, we are leaving earlier than I thought we would. I didn't have time to color my hair, oh well. I made 2 broccoli casseroles, DH's family loves it and pile their plates full. I'll have a little, but not as much as I would've before.

Karen, that is sweet. I am thankful for my DH today too :) I must go in and tell him :)

Hi Cyndi, last year I made nothing but veg dishes, I am an awesome veg cook, and a terrible meat cook. I hate the thought of meat, though I am no longer a vegetarian. I just make DH handle it, and make up for it with my side dishes (main dishes for me;) )

Sophie :wave:

I guess we are leaving soon, taking my cute, new little car. I hope you all have a great OP day xoxoxo

rdw1 11-25-2010 10:31 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RcTPwyke1d...ing%5B1%5D.jpg
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have been sooo busy lately and not able to get to the computer much- I get on FB through my phone but trying to post from there is a bit of a pain... anyway- Just wanted to let you lovely ladies know how thankful I am to have "met" each and every one of you!!! I hope you have a very wonderful Thanksgiving! I will definitely have to hit the gym after this day of feasting. *portion control* will be my motto for the day ;0)