South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Stay on plan, it's worth it!
Old 11-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #17  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

DH took me out on a date tonight - completely unexpected and he chose the place. it was an amazing cuban restaurant and the mojitos were beyond compare. i could have had two, but i restricted myself to one. we shared two entrees and i just nibbled on both and brought back leftovers.

i'm sure i will be up tomorrow because i'm sure it was sodium rich and because of the drink, but i was happy that i was able to control my portions and listen to my body and stop when I felt full despite how good it was (i definitely could have eaten a LOT more).

Back to the grind tomorrow
Old 11-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #18  

Good for you Lindsay!
Old 11-13-2010, 10:07 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon, everybody!!! I'm 4 hours into the work night...only 8 more to go. Watched the GA/Auburn game. Wish we would've won, but I tell ya what, if we have to behave like Auburn and their fans did today, I'm GLAD we lost. That behavior was just uncalled for.

Twynn - Baby shopping IS fun...ESPECIALLY when it's not for me, LOL I have known since the age of 12 that I don't want kids. I love them...I just don't want them. Hope the treadmill was kind to you today and let you make up for yesterday!!!

Cyndi - Glad to hear your power was back. Curling up w/ a good book sounds like HEAVEN!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you will be bothered minimally by your old job from here on out.

Cottage - Thanks...I'm so excited that we were able to get her so much. I know it will help take a load off her mind. She's always helping everybody else, so I'm glad it's finally time that some of us can help her.

Ruth - Hope you got your village planters done. Sounds like you've got a super busy weekend ahead of you (well, half ahead of you still).

WaistingTime - It's been a while since I've shopped for anything for a baby other than clothes. When V told me that she was shocked at how much more expensive things were now compared to when she had her youngest son 7 years ago I thought she was just over-reacting...but $150 for a baby swing!?!?!? Given the choice between a baby swing and a high chair I figured she'd get more use out of the high chair. Not only do I not want kids...but now I know I couldn't afford them if I did!!! LOL Hope your son's college interview went well today.

TallandThin - I love love LOVE picking out clothes for babies. I keep struggling w/ it b/c I want to go back to Wal-mart SO MUCH and pick up this little Georgia Bulldog outfit that I saw. It's got a hoodie that is a bulldog's head...TOO CUTE!!!

Zeffryn - How sweet...brownie points for hubby!!! Oooh, and Cuban, even better!!! Sounds like you did really well when it could've been SO easy to indulge. Good for you!!!

As for me...I've got to wrap one last present for V on my lunchbreak tonight. My niece and nephew have been staying at the house this weekend...I enjoy having them around, especially now that they're teenagers, LOL Tomorrow I'll be spending a lot of time w/ a lot of good friends (my 2 bestfriends, my mom, several good friends, etc) to celebrate my bestfriend's baby to be. I can't wait to meet little Jaxon!!! Hope you ladies are having a good weekend so far!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #20  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Natasha, yeah, kids stuff is *so* expensive. We've done pretty well by using the different consignment shops in town. Most of it is hardly ever used and in such great condition that it is hard to pass up such a great deal!
Old 11-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #21  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Hey Nat, my DH is from Alabama (Opelika/Auburn area) and he kept saying thru the entire game that Auburn deserved to lose because of the dirty way they were playing. Now he is watching the Oregon/Ca game and can't believe how good Ca is doing against the number one rated Oregon team.

Have a fun day tomorrow with your family and friends.

Zef, sounds like you did good on your date night out. Way to handle a situation that could have gotten completely out of hand.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:12 PM   #22  

I was hesitant about blogging this but I owe you all honesty. I have slipped three times in November with my eating. I don't know why but I'm admitting it for my sake. I will do my best not to slip again!
Old 11-14-2010, 12:19 AM   #23  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good for you FO for facing it. Believe me, we all have the same problem and if we knew why we wouldn't be here. Hang in there and keep fighting the fight. If you walk away, the craving/bad eating habits will win. Hope strength comes knocking on your door.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:03 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

TallandThin - Your hubby was DEFINITELY right on the money. Smart man...I see why you married him. And then for the fans to BOO our injured players on top of it all...well, that just put the icing on the cake for me. We had, if memory serves, 4 players injured this game. It was just uncalled for. I didn't expect us to win (I mean, we're unranked and Auburn is #2, after all) but if we had to play dirty like that to beat them, I'm proud that we were the losers today, for sure!!!

Okie - Good for you for getting that out. The important thing is to move past those slip ups and get back on track. My entire weekend in SC was nothing but bad choices and believe you me, I paid for it come Monday. We all make mistakes...but the important part is overcoming them. I have no doubt you can do it!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 06:02 AM   #25  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I am having internet troubles and have a new laptop connect which I can't use until I have it activated tomorrow. It took me 35 minutes to get the weekend thread loaded. We're going to Denver this morning and I think I'll just turn this bugger off and not deal with the frustration.

See ya'll tomorrow!
Old 11-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

That'll fix him, Lexxis. Ignore him and he may mend his ways - the laptop not Kirk, I mean.

Yesterday was another hectic day and the darn planters are still not done. It has to happen today because my car trunk is loaded with berry branches and needs to be cleared so I can get my snow tires in there for my early appointment tomorrow to get hem installed. I sometimes wonder how I get into these situations. (Actually I know how. I say Yes too darned often. )

Worked the Church dinner last night and just was not interested in eating after serving turnip (Yick!) and mixed veggies for an hour. I just had a piece of low-cal, no sugar cheesecake which was yummy. There are lots of folks in that congregation who are diabetic (it's an age thing) and they always offer diabetic desserts. I can't see myself getting back into the dessert habit but it was good. See, Okie, we all slip up.

Actually, I've bee slipping up too much lately and the scale is heading the wrong way. I need to get back on track particularly with a wee trip out to Vancouver Island on Thursday and then the Christmas crank-up or I'll be back moaning about getting into Onderland again.

Confession is good for the soul and I hope it works on the body too.

Have a happy and sinless Sunday!
Old 11-14-2010, 06:41 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sunday confessions?

Okay, at the Amish market yesterday they were giving free 6" pumpkin pies to everyone who spent over $25. Jake and I split it last night for dessert. So there!

We're going to have breakfast at the diner right up the street this morning. I've been there for lunch, but never for breakfast and heard they serve terrific omelettes. I think it would make a nice walk on this gorgeous morning, but Jake wouldn't be able to make it. Afterwards, we're driving down to Delaware to Total Wine to start stocking up for the holiday season. This afternoon I'm going to paint the trim in the basement while Jake finishes mowing the lawn. Dustin, Andrea and the grands will be over for supper later, which will be London Broil for them and a grilled portobello parmesan for me.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL....my confession is the mini Heath bar I stole out of my daughter's halloween bucket last night...she won't eat them anyway.

Just had the most beautiful sunrise this am...great way to start a Sunday!

Okie- it's all hard, and we all slip. I think in this day and age, it's near impossible not to. Maybe if it was just us living as hermits in the mountains, it'd be one thing, but if you have friends, family, kids, or anyone other person not on the diet with you... temptations are around every day!

Have a beautiful beachy day!
Old 11-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #29  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Cool

Hi all

SD is in town with her BF and my step grandaughter. My house is so small they slept in the living room. I don't have time for personals , but I m keeping up with you all

Wishing you well.

I went off plan a little last night, butdon't feel discouraged (sorry for all of the typos)

Today is a new day!

xo
Old 11-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #30  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I got distracted watching birds on the feeder and am just getting around to checking in

Debbie - Good luck with the computer hassles.

Okie - I always think it's good to acknowledge slips and then jump back on plan. And yeah, we all do it sometimes.

Tall &Thin - 70 sounds lovely and a very long way off around here. How long will those doors stay fingerprint free?

Natasha - What a fun weekend you have planned.

Ruth - I wish I could drive up there and be your assistant for a few days. You are busier retired than most people I know with full time day jobs. Hope there's a few quiet moments somewhere in there.

Cottage portabello parmesan. It's fun remembering my "winter" meals

Twynn - I love a good sunrise.

Beloved - Happy new day

Zeff - What a nice surprise. Great portion control on your part. I haven't had a good mojito in ages. yum

DW and I planned to go out last night but we were both so sleepy by 7 that we decided to stay home and watch a movie. It was a just right, relaxing night at home. Today it's more normal weekend chores for me - laundry, cleaning, a little cooking and baking. I'm going to remember that it gets dark early and get outside early enough for a walk today. By the time I thought of it yesterday it was after 3:30 and too close to sunset for a good walk. Silly daylight savings time.

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-14-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Closed Thread