South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-29-2008, 12:43 PM   #1  

Default Weird symptoms

I was wondering if anyone else felt weird during phase 1. I am really not craving anything but I feel like I am soooo hot! I feel like I need to step in a freezer, I had some problems sleeping last night and felt like my adrenaline was going wild early this morning. I feel kinda dizzy but mainly soooo hot!! I dont know if its this diet or just my hormones going crazy! I have been eating all my veggies, fats, milk, etc.
lanagrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I've been feeling very hot as well....but it could be because it is over 100 degrees outside and the poor air conditioner isn't keeping up very well.

Last edited by zeffryn; 07-29-2008 at 12:45 PM.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #3  

yeah I keep my air at 75 or below of I burn up! I am going to my doctor today becuase I am also on low thyroid meds.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #4  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I didn't feel hot on P1, just a bad headache for two days and then I felt fine. It could be a detox symptom
Belle Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #5  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

If you're having problems with your thyroid, body temperature control is a symptom. It could be your hormones from that....
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #6  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

IT'S HOT OUTSIDE! MISERABLE!!!!

The dizziness could be your body detoxing though.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #7  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Lanagrace... how old are you? Maybe you're going through menopause. When my grandma went through it, she was always sweating.

When I was pregnant I always felt hot. (I mean like, temperature hot, not sexy hot! Heh.) Apparently your basal body temperature becomes raised not only when you're ovulating but when you become pregnant. When it's raised for several days that's a method of knowing you're pregnant, or so I've read. I'm no doctor. But I was always hot and miserable and it sucked.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #8  

I am 30 and have a one year old. I hope its not menopause but I guess it could be. I had my hormones checked today so I will know the results soon. I dont really sweat when I get hot I just feel hot. I havent started yet but took a hpt and it was negative. I felt like this when I was prego with my daughter though.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #9  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Well then Lanagrace, I seriously doubt it's menopause since you're 30.

Then again there is that early onset menopause, but I seriously doubt you have it.

Sometimes we're just hot! You could have a virus or something, maybe a fever as a result, or your body temp is up due to ovulation, or it's just hot where you live.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #10  

Hi! I'm new. Currently on Phase 1 with three days left on it. I know this thread is really old, but I just had to reply because I've been looking for a post like this. I'm on my second week of phase one, and honestly I feel more of the detox symptoms now. Really didn't feel it last week. I've had the headaches the past few days, and ...just like the original poster mentioned, I feel like I am on fire. It has to be linked to the detox. I'm the girl who's usually always cold, and it's cold outside now as well. I'm feeling fine..not sick, other than all these detox symptoms. Headache, fatigue, dizzy every once in a while, and the on fire feeling. No thyroid problems, not pregnant, not in menopause. Just wanted to mention it. If someone else has this happen they need to know they're not crazy. It's detox. So glad I found this thread!

Last edited by NewPlan09; 11-09-2010 at 06:44 PM.
NewPlan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #11  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Absolutely had the dizzyness (still do sometimes even though I'm doing a phase 1.5 now) and I'm also having trouble sleeping (or rather getting to sleep and then staying asleep). Headaches now and then but nothing I can't handle. Have not had the hot problem at all. That being said, I'll take these symptoms over the fat and old way of eating!

Last edited by TallandThin; 11-09-2010 at 08:37 PM.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:10 AM   #12  
It will be MY turn too!

S/C/G: 254.2/243.0/180

Height: 5'4.5"

When I first started this diet I kept getting random hot flashes. I'm 33, so I knew it wasn't really anything like menopause. Can't be pregnant, so I knew it wasn't that. Just sitting there in class- and BAM! sweating like crazy.

So my personal theory- hormones are stored in fat cells. I think when the diet starts looking at removing some of those stores, the hormones get released.

That's what I like to think anyways- so it doesn't drive me crazy to be randomly flashing in the middle of late autumn
ladywyyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #13  

Thanks for sharing that with me ladies!! I love this diet, so I don't mind very much. I just thought I was...I don't know, cracking up or something until I found that post. lol. I kind of took it as a good sign that my body was doing what it was supposed to though. I'm now officially on phase 1.5. So happy
NewPlan09 is offline   Reply With Quote