South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #1  
Stronger then ever

S/C/G: 160/125

Height: 5'4

Default TMI sorry stomach bloating

Okay ladies so sense i started the southbeach in August i started to see a change i was not as bloated and or constapated now i have been on phase 2 its happening again constapation and bloading i look like i am pregant I was excited to fit into a one digit size jeans but now it is sooo uncomfortable. could it be what i am eating here is my menu

Breakfast : oat meal with water (no milk) blueberrys on top. 1 Packet of splenda.

Lunch: grilled chicken salad with tomatoes and dressing.

Dinner: Grilled chicken with mixed veggies

snacks : sugar free jello

water,water ,water and 1 can of diet rite to go with dinner.
MoEstrada23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #2  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

ew that happened to me too. Drove me crazy! I went back on Phase I after a stall and my son's birthday, but yeah, bloat and constipation.
My menu was similar to yours, really not THAT much changed besides the oatmeal in the AM.
Any suggestions would be fantastic!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I have no advice except maybe cut out the soda and oatmeal and replace it with fruits. I haven't had a problem with constipation and I eat three fruits, meat, fish or nuts.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #4  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

are you eating ANYTHING thats Sugar Free? Including Sugar Free gum? SF syrup, jello, pudding, even artificial sweeteners like aspartame, splenda, equal, etc?
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #5  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Sorry, i just read your menu. If you are i would cut it ALL out and see if thats the culprit. SF products, anything with sugar alcohols tear my tummy UP, BIG TIME. Gas, bloating, constipation, you name it. Imat the point now, where even ONE piece of sugar free gum in the morning gives me horrible gas by the afternoon.
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #6  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

The thing with the sugar free stuff, is that it works one of two ways.
Either it gives you gas and all of that fun stuff that goes with it
or
it doesn't
If it does, that means your body is basically rejecting it, so it does not do anything to your blood sugar

If it doesn't then it is acting like sugar and your body is absorbing it like sugar.
Thats what my doc says anyway.

I have Splenda just fine, but throw in some sugar free chocolate (which I LOVE BTW) and OMG yeah gas and bloat and the opposite problem of constipation HAHA.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

i agree with what has been said, try cutting out the artificial sweeteners to see what happens. any art. sweeteners causes mega gas and bloating for me. also, soda causes me to bloat like crazy too, so I avoid that too.

also, you may have already considered this but are you approaching that time of the month? i gain and bloat like CRAZY during that time.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #8  
It will be MY turn too!

S/C/G: 254.2/243.0/180

Height: 5'4.5"

It's weird.. Splenda has the potential for me to cause those symptoms. I like using it but sometimes it has those side effects with me. Even only one packet at a time. I really have to limit it. I've been playing around with other sweeteners and avoiding it in drinks.

On the other hand, I know people who don't have any reaction at all. I hope my body isn't absorbing it to have this reaction. Prolly time for me to swap it out completely...
ladywyyn is offline   Reply With Quote