South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #16  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

...little boxes full of ticky-tack, little boxes, little boxes, and they all look just the same...

and there is my ear bug for the day.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #17  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

yeah mine went there too, but..at least it got the Bear Necessities out of my head that a co-worker put in there.

Darn it..its back....look for the bear necessities....ACK
Old 10-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #18  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Late arrival day at the HS so I actually stayed in bed a bit later than usual

Okie - I love your dedication and motivation. Rub some on me please!

Ruth - Love Grey's! Funny how Halloween looms. I plan not to eat any candy but can't get it out of my mind. Sigh.

Beloved - Somewhere along the line I think I missed reading what kind of car Sparkles is.

Cyndi - I still consider myself a NE girl despite now living in Kansas for more than half my life! I think I could easily become a CO girl.

Heidi - Hope the party is fun. My son has tomorrow off too but I think the teachers get the day off because of working late last night with conferences.

Debbie - What are walking videos? Do you walk in place in front of the tv?

Linda - I hope you feel better soon

Randi - I think that is a very reasonable goal.

LazyL - My motivation flew off somewhere this week too. Sigh.

Zeff - So glad I don't know that song! I have another one in my head and don't even know the words.

Natasha - LOL - I tell my husband every time we bike UP our street starting out how hard it always seems! I keep thinking I should hop on and cruise along. Glad to hear you are wearing a helmet; sorry it is so uncomfortable.

I haven't been on my bike in days; huge winds here. But DH and I have caught up on 3 episodes of BL so far working out at home instead. It is cool today... maybe soup is in order.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ear worms! I have a big stuffed bear called Bear Necessities. I bought him about five years ago on a shopping trip for bare necessities before I moved my DH to a nursing home. I badly needed cheering up.

Just found a picture dated April 2005. He is in the passenger seat of my car for the drive home. I did get lots of stares.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallbear.jpg (27.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I'm running late once again. The insane thing is that I was late because I was straightening up the house for the cleaning lady. Hubs told me last night that she's going to walk in, laugh, and pack up and leave because the house is already clean. I beg to disagree, because I can see the dust and dog hair everywhere! Plus we have company coming in tomorrow, so I want the place to sparkle!

Today ought to be a fairly normal work day, especially after I worked late last night to finish a project for a meeting today. Since the house will be clean when I get home from work, I'll be able to work out and then spend the evening as a lady of leisure. That's going to be hard!

Linda: Hope you shake this cold and get to feeling better soon!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #21  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Back from Grandma's hauling a giant tote of old piano music. The one on top is "On a Battlefield in France", MCMXVIII, 1918. It's no wonder I can never get my own stuff dealt with! DH commented he wished we had kept track of all the stuff we have hauled since we have been down here.

Randi34, good morning! I think your goal is doable...make sure you let us know if you're having any troubles.

lazylioness, sorry motivation is alluding you, especially since you successfully motivated me to find some exercise opportunities here. Sometimes, we have to "just do it". I work the Beck Diet Solution, in addition to my SBD food plan. Dr Beck advocates weighing everyday, but using the scale as an information tool...meaning taking the emotion out of it. I do weigh pretty much every day but don't get super charged up in either direction.

Hi Zeff! Yes, I have the ear worm too, and have just received another, thanks to lazylioness!

Karen, good to see you always! I'd love it if you became a Colorado girl! Leslie Sansone was the first walking gal on videos-I just took a VHS to the thrift store. There are various levels, times and miles, etc. I have an old treadmill which I just can't get into and walking here in the wee hours is not safe (bears, mtn lions, etc) so I'm finding these to be helpful. Wow! Winds have been fierce! That paper in your front yard was in mine yesterday!

Ruth, Bear Necessities is very cute AND BIG!

ETA-Hi KimStar! I would not clean up for the cleaning lady...have a great day, and thanks for checking in!

Off to walk my mile!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-28-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #22  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

No problem Lexxiss! Happy to give people ear worms all day long. The office I work in is full of choir boys (no really LOL) and they are FOREVER walking around singing. So it is constant. Glad I could help

I know I just need to do it, so this morning I did. AND since I am a visual kinda girl I had to change my tracker on my sig. That way, I am accountable. It is weird I know, but I have all kinds of charts and graphs everywhere, for all sorts of stuff. Hence the scale thing. I get upset, at first if it does not move, or moves too slowly, because I am SO end result driven, but then I just get to step back and measure, or think about what is going on or what I have (or have not done) in the last few days and make adjustments.

I am a Cali girl all the way, BUT if I were to leave it would be for Colorado. My son was born in Wheat Ridge and we lived/worked in Arvada and Boulder. Boulder is nice
Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #23  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Hi again

Karen, Sparkles is a cherry red VW beetle (one of the new ones, new to me at least)

Lexxiss, it's nice to see you there too. The combination of the two is really helping me

lazylioness, I am an obsessive weigher too, and am following Beck too so it is a good excuse I hope you get your motivation back, just remember why you want to lose weight, remind yourself.

Randi, on P1, you will lose at least 5 lbs. I lost around 5, and then am still losing as I enter P2, though I am doing it slowly.

I hope you feel better, Cottage

Kim_Starr, My DH wants us to get a cleaning lady once for a deep cleaning, I figure it will take me forever to clean for her. Under the couches and the such LOL.

Heidi, I hope your workshop tomorrow is fun, have a nice day!!

I am now eating 2 slices of Ezekiel bread with pizza sauce and cheese, it is yummo. I hope I don't regret it. DH is taking me out to dinner tonight. I am craving sushi, but it is a no no with white rice, perhaps we can find a place that makes good brown rice sushi

Last edited by BelovedK; 10-28-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #24  

Height: 5ft even

I'm back. It's been a bad few years but I'm getting my life together.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

BelovedK: Yeah, that's why she's coming for us. We're only getting her for 3 hours every two weeks, so I really want her to be able to get straight to the actual cleaning and not have to pick up clutter to be able to clean. It's going to be SO nice to not have to deal with all of that!!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #26  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Love the subject title this morning - it just sounds upbeat and happy to me! Boy it seems that I'm the last one checking in this morning.

FO - Can't wait to see that picture! Perhaps we can exchange pictures about the same time as that is where I'm headed too. San Diego is a beautiful area but give me the mountains, trees and green foothills up here in northern Calif.

Cottage - Sorry you aren't feeling well, hope it gets better real soon.

Should be a nice calm day today, just a short errand to run and the rest will be spent doing chores here at home. Yep, got the wood pile moved yesterday and the deck blown off so come on storm, I'm ready for you.

I too have to get on the scale every morning (and sometimes at night too) but I've learned not to get too upset when the reading isn't to my liking. If anything, it seems to motivate me to try even harder.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #27  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone!

Its another nice sunny morning here, and the rain is supposed to hold off til tomorrow which is nice because of the 2nd game of the world series being played around here! I'm not sure who all are sports fans, but we're all pretty excited around here that the Giants are in the series! I think it has more to do with just having some good news in a bad time than anything else.

Looks like I'm not alone with the frequent weighers. I weigh at least 2 times a day. Once in the morning (my "official" weight) and once at night. The one at night is just a guideline for me, in that its usually about 4lbs higher than my morning weight, so its a good measuring stick of if I've lost that day. Might just be a mental trick I play on myself, but I'm okay with that.

Nice normal day for me. Work, then home. Tonight I'm going to do some sewing of buttons and such, and maybe a bit of laundry. Nothing too exciting.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Lamay, I'm on tenterhooks to get to 100lbs lost. My bestie will take the picture.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon, everybody. Wow, busy thread today!!! I don't have time to read it all right now, but I'll come back to it after dinner. We're taking my brother and sister-in-law out to dinner at Olive Garden tonight to celebrate his birthday (it was Tuesday, but I had to work that night). I'll be sticking w/ soup and salad or maybe the mixed grill selection w/ veggies. No breadsticks!!!

Hope you're all having a good day!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...and I hopped on the scale just before my shower and I was down another 3 pounds. That puts me 1 pound over HALFWAY to my goal. Frigging awesome!!!
Closed Thread