South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 05:17 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday Beach Wanderings

Good Morning

I woke to the sounds of the snowplow blade grating down the street and thought we must have really gotten hammered during the night...apparently he was just practicing, although it's been snowing non stop for several days 20 miles to the west at the Continental Divide. I'm in the mood to get some things done this morning so we might go over the hill in between storms for a little swimming and socialization. With that goal in mind I'm going to write down my procrastination list and get started.

Coffee is ready and I'm going to head to the kitchen for the two projects which top my list. Hopefully I'll be crossing those off the list by the time you all start visiting.

What are your plans for this hump day? Stop by and chat.

I had a successful OP day yesterday and have another one planned. As always, have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:26 AM   #2  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Morning Debbie

I've never heard of a snow plow practicing!! Does that mean you get a lot of snow where you are? Last year in VA we were hammered, we called it snowpocalypse, haha

I had some plans cancel today which is good (I wanted to meet my friend for coffee but have so much to do) I was OP yesterday, and plan on doing so today. I am making a P2 lasagne tonight and freezing portions for other times. I hope my system does not get weird from P2. Yesterday I was basically P1 again.

I am enjoying tooling around town in my new car, hee.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:38 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

wow, 2 posts before 5:30! I'm still waiting for my coffee to get done.

Debbie - I drove through a very small amount of snow this weekend going over the mountains. It was just enough to get my attention. Snow tires just bumped to the top of the "after the election" to do list!
Good luck with your procrastination list.

Beloved - Glad to hear you are enjoying your new car. I still have my old one (selling it before snow season), so it's still a treat to drive my new one.
Sounds like you are being slow and thoughtful about moving to P2. That works best for most of us. Lasagna sounds yummy. Eggplant lasagna may be on my list soon

The rest of my week is the same thing every day. I'm in different counties but with the same goal. I'll be driving a lot dropping off election related lit to child care centers. It's not a terrible thing to do in warm weather and tomorrow and Friday should be lovely. I'll be home every night for dinner, exercise and wine!

How is your hump day shaping up?

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-27-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good Morning Ladies!

Debbie, I'm glad that was a 'false snow alarm' this morning. Good exercise or not, October is too early to start shoveling. LOL Have a safe trip today, and enjoy another OP day!

Beloved, does the new car have an official name yet? I'm glad you're so happy with it. Good luck on your busy Wednesday and enjoy that lasagna tonight.

Good morning Cyndi - enjoy your day.

Busy day for me today. I've got a new classroom volunteer starting - she wants to come 3 full days a week! If it works out it will be wonderful to have an extra adult in the room more than 50% of the time. But if she's not good with the kids I could have some awkward times ahead.... I woke up several times in the night thinking about it. Nothing like borrowing trouble, eh? As always my Wednesday is full of meetings. PLC before school, committee meeting after school and then a quick supper before I head back to town for youth group. I'm hoping to fit some hooping in some time today!

Enjoy your Wednesday, friends!

Oh - I keep forgetting to ask - has anyone heard from Kara lately? (I don't facebook, so I loose touch with folks when they stop posting here.) If I remember correctly her new baby is/was due in October. I'm wondering how they're doing.

Last edited by Heidi58; 10-27-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

BelovedK, I remember all your snow last year! There were lots of beachers in it so I got the report first hand. I live between 2 houses-here I'm 7800' to the West 130 m. 5500' with 2 mtn passes and the Continental Divide inbetween...so yes, we get snow but we haven't had tons since it snowed 7' in 24 hrs. in 2003. Glad you get to meet your friend and that you're enjoying your car...did you come up with a name?

Cyndi, I get super good all season tires, but I have 4wd as a back up. I hate changing the tires out! I'm glad the weather is holding for your driving. This week must seem like a breeze compared to the last two! Project #1 is half done, I'll be back!

ETA-Heidi, you snuck in on me! I think it's any day with Kara, but seems she's still waiting (just checked waiting as of 4 min ago) Have a great busy day and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the aide works out!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-27-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, Beloved and Cyndi. It looks like everyone is jumping into their day early this morning. My dogs have gone back to bed!

It's a miracle out there! It's not raining and the temperature is 57º right now. We may even see the sun today for a change before we go back to gray, cold and wet weather. I'm hoping not to see snow for at least another month although I will get my snow tires put on by mid-November.

Today is fairly busy. I have a "lad" coming to give me an estimate on a water softener, some work at the office, a bank trip, pet therapy and an appointment for a flu shot. I'm hoping to sneak in an hour or so of quilting this afternoon after a visit to my friend Ernie who is recovering from a hip replacement. He's also recovering from losing the election to another friend, Anders!

That's about all the excitement happening in Delta but the day is young.

Quick at Heidi.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:25 AM   #7  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good morning Cyndi, Heidi and Ruth. I am an early riser, I like to see my DH off to work

The car's name is Sparkles hahaha, It suits her. My DD named her and I went for it.

I just had leftover veggies and some cheese for breakfast, I hope it tides me over.

Sounds like you've got a lot going on Ruth, I hope you get your quilting in.

Heidi, I hope the new assistant works out. I remember when I used to have an assistant, it was always awkward to have to let them go.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's 71* here this morning, so I don't think we'll have to be concerned about snow today. I do love to lay in bed and listen to the snowplow, though, as it means I probably won't have to go to work and can snuggle under the covers a little longer. I hope you get all your niggles crossed off your list so you can get out for a bit of socialization, Deb!

Beloved, you've made me hungry for lasagna, even at this early hour! I just may make a butternut squash lasagna on Friday when I have more time. I'm glad you like your new car. Did you decide on a name yet?

Heidi, I hope your classroom helper really is a big help rather than a hindrance! Looks like you have a busy day today and hope it's an enjoyable one.

Cyndi, I'm glad your work day has eased up and that you're getting home in time for supper. You sure are getting to know your way around Vermont, aren't you? At least you have a brand new car to tool around in to get your work done!

It's a rainy day here today and Jake is still here, waiting to see if the work crew will go out or not. If not, he plans to get the basement finished. I'm off to Susie's this morning and Cindy's this afternoon. Since the girls decided to give up guitar lessons, I should be able to be back home by 5:30, but I never know what the day will bring.

The coffee pot is beckoning, BRB!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Beloved, I just read that you did give your car a name. I like it!

Ruth, enjoy your brief visit of the sun today! I hope Ernie isn't feeling too poorly after his surgery and has a speedy recovery. Too bad about the election, but I think Anders was the better guy.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Good morning again - I SHOULD be on my way out the door but I had to look up a recipe and it's so hard not to pop back in here whenever I'm online.

Sparkles is a great name, Beloved! It sounds friendly and fun.

Debbie, thank you for the update on Kara! I'm glad to know all is well and I'll be praying for an easy delivery.

Good morning Ruth

OK, gotta go. Thanks for the good thoughts re: my volunteer. I love having extra hands to help with centers and things and it's so good of this woman to want to put in so many hours without pay.... I'm sure it will work out fine. I just like to worry I guess.

Ooops, I was babbling while you posted TWICE Linda! Good morning. Enjoy your warm, rainy day!

Last edited by Heidi58; 10-27-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies. My, this thread is awful busy this morning!!! I just took the bike out for her first OFFICIAL ride. I've got a lot to learn about 10 speeds...including how to stop a little quicker than I did this morning. Bush - 1, Natasha - 0. LOL!!! It was only 20 minutes (but OMG, that was a LONG 20 minutes...please tell me it gets easier!!!) but it's a start. I think it kicked my butt worse than the elliptical used to.

Anywho, I'm getting ready to go to bed. I've got to work OT tonight (I'll get off at 1, so yay!!!) so I probably won't be back to the thread today. Hope you ladies have a wonderful day!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ruth, I'm glad to hear you have a good stretch of weather....as to your list, I see it's business as usual. I had to chuckle this AM-Bing came downstairs with me as usual, but went right for his bed...perhaps a message there! Have a great day!

BelovedK, I love the name!

Linda, Wow! 71 degrees! You just reminded me it's Survivor night...I hope you breeze through your day and are home before you know it!

ETA-Heidi, Kara just said Hi!

Natasha, I think the bike does get easier! I just rode short distances to start out with. LOL at checking out the bush! Have a good rest-see you later!

Me, project #1 finished! I have space on top of my kitchen cabinets where I store big pots, bowls and odd items that just don't fit in a cupboard. I realized it hadn't been cleaned since we redid the kitchen in 2004-then realized I hadn't cleaned it because at my HW I could never climb a ladder and walk along the counter tops to do it. So I guess today's project is an NSV of sorts and I actually enjoyed being able to do it! My 2nd most procrastinated project IS at ground level!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-27-2010 at 07:28 AM. Reason: ETA
Old 10-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Natasha - It definitely gets easier and that first 15-20 minutes is the hardest. Gotta work on that stopping though My bike is mostly off the road now. I am not a fan of biking in cold (yes, I am a big wimp now that I don't have all that insulation!). Will you get out again today?

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-27-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Natasha - It definitely gets easier and that first 15-20 minutes is the hardest. Gotta work on that stopping though My bike is mostly off the road now. I am not a fan of biking in cold (yes, I am a big wimp now that I don't have all that insulation!). Will you get out again today?
Not MY today (to me it's still Tuesday)...but maybe YOUR today. Does that make sense??? LOL

I get off work at 0100 hrs and I might go out for a ride then. I'll have to see, though...it's awful dark in my neighborhood and it's not as nice a place as it used to be.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #15  

Good morning to all of you people, I see I.m not the only early person. I am getting ready to start the day and we have a few things to accomplish like clean the living room and finish laundry, then I want to cut out some doll clothes to make for Christmas for the girls, they are 4 and love to dress their dollys. I bought them new ones and I am making bassinets for the dolls to. My OP is going good and I hope I continue to be good.

Talking about snow bbrrr I am not ready for that. It has been in the 70s during the day here. I hope to get to know all of your names soon. See ya, abigi7
Closed Thread