HELP! I don't like eggs...

• Hello all

Am in dire need of some breakfast ideas for Phase 1 please.......I don't like eggs! And everything I seem to find contain eggs.

Are there any saviours out there who can recommend some other breakfast ideas?

Thank you!
    Deborah
  • I am not on atkins, but I am also not a egg lover. You can use egg whites and throw away the yolks They can get expensice. they don't really have any taste. If you don't want to do the egg yolks I would try the egg beaters at our local supermarket.

THEY DON"T HAVE AN EGG TASTE. I didn't eat them for years because I assumed they did. I usually make a veggie omelet out of them. I bought 2-3 home and tried them over the course of a weekend.

All they really do is give you a way to hold together omelets and anything you scramble. Eating them plain is pretty boring, so they require some kinda of flavor.
  • If you go through the threads below, (not in the recipe section), I know there was one recently about the same thing. Bottom-line is that you do not need to eat eggs!

Lots of SBers eat foods that you would not think of as breakfast foods: leftovers from dinner, soup, anything. As for me, I have eaten the crockpot refried beans (recipe on this site) for breakfast now daily for months. A great combo of protein, fiber and carbs and it is a consistency like hot cereal. The breakfast cheesecakes on here are non-eggy too. Just use your imagination and don't worry about it fitting into the breakfast paradigm.
  • Fantastic, thanks guys -I will give the egg whites a chance but don't hold out much hope!

Waisting Time...I will definately check out that recipe for crockpot refried beans as I love refried beans and they do fill you up!

Any tips for a beginner on Phase 1? This is my first time doing the South Beach thing!

Hope you are all getting on well with your eating plans!
  • Little Red Debs, I've moved this to the main area of the Forum where you will get more replies. Check out the Phase I support thread.
  • Welcome, little red debs!

There is a stickied thread, Breakfast Alternatives to Eggs, in the FAQ section of our forum that should help you.
  • Thank you so much guys, really appreciate your help! I will go and check out the section of the FAQs now........have a good day/evening wherever you are!

Dx
  • I like eggs, but I cant eat them in the a.m., so my usual breakie is plain yogurt (flavoured with crystal light) and a couple of celery stalks 'stufed' with either peanut butter or lf cream cheese (and onion, 'taco seasoning' or what ever else I am in the mood for)
  • veggie burgers
    I like a garden veggie burger topped with fresh salsa from my grocery store deli for breakfast- South beach okays veggie burgers with less than 6 carbs, and I HATE eggs, so I make do with these (Morningside brand in the green box.) There's also a great recipe on this site for Ricotta Muffins-I use the savory recipe instead of the sweet- and I'll eat those for breakfast as well. They taste like tiny little veggie quiches, not like eggs at all!

Good Luck to you- Tracy
  • I do not like eggs either. But I have made them work. I found if you put enough veggies in them they are ok, as long as I cook them all the way through and do not have more than 1. But like previous posters have said, there are a bunch of non egg recipes because we all get sick of them!
  • Beans, soups, and salads are good deals!