3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Wednesday Chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/215288-wednesday-chatter.html)

Ruthxxx 10-20-2010 06:01 AM

Wednesday Chatter

It's Hump Day again. I'm starting to notice time is speeding up a lot lately. (Maybe I'm drinking too much coffee?) Suddenly the week is nearly half over.

This morning will be a niggles clearing time but I have an appointment for a hair cut this afternoon. I may check out Hallowe'en stuff when I'm in town. I will not buy Smarties, red liquorice or chips for the little goblins! I'm actually considering buying juice boxes and peanuts which won't tempt me a bit. Too bad weirdo creeps have made homemade goodies a no-no for this fun celebration. :(

Before I tackle the niggles, some apples need to go into the dehydrator before the fruit flies take over the kitchen completely.

How does your Hump Day look from this early morning perspective? :cofdate:

BelovedK 10-20-2010 06:17 AM

Good morning Ruth :)

It is raining here and i cannot take my morning walk :(

Yay for haircuts. I cut hair and I know how much people look forward to it, it gives you a lift! Halloween is my favorite time of year to go shopping for fun stuff, have fun! I always feel broke arounf this time of year for some reason, don't know why. I would really decorate my house, but we can'e spare that much money :(

I have a friend coming for coffee, and then a chiropractor appointment to assess my injuries, I hope he prescribes massage.

BelovedK 10-20-2010 06:18 AM

Oh yeah, I am not prepared this morning, I don't have anything to eat for breakfast, I am eating a cheesestick, I might go out and get a southwestern breakfast wrap and just eat the filling.

Heidi58 10-20-2010 06:31 AM

Good Morning Ruth! :wave:

Fergie and I were talking about Halloween goodies last night, he's the plan ahead type and likes to stock up early. Most of the time I appreciate that but not when it means bringing tempting junk into the house. We decided to pass out those prepackaged rice krispie treats this year, because neither one of us likes them. :lol:

Hi BelovedK, no walk and no breakfast? That's a rough way to start the day. It sounds like you've got a plan though, so good for you. I hope you get good news at your appointment.

Today is my rush day. Meeting before school, another one after school and youth group at the church after supper. I can't complain though - I had a nice, low key day yesterday. There were several absent from my class, we missed them but it was so much quieter with fewer kids. I came home and had time for a walk, practicing with my new hoop and all sorts of things. I was a very happy gal.

Oh no, I need to shut the TV off quick - they're talking about snow already! :yikes: Nothing that will stick around of course but I'm not ready to give up this beautiful fall weather yet....

Enjoy your Wednesday friends. :hug:

cottagebythesea 10-20-2010 06:37 AM

Good morning Ruth, Beloved, and those to come. I'm sure that by the time I finish this post, several more will have beat me to it. :)

Ruth, have a good time Halloween shopping. I just have my fall display on the front porch, which consists of mums, pumpkins, and gourds, and a big Fall wreath on the door. A few days before Halloween, Jake hangs a large fake Jack o' lantern by the porch that has remote control lights. We always have candy in the house for Jake's sweeth tooth, and it never bothers me in the least. So Halloween is pretty much of breeze for me to get through. :p I remember the good old days when we'd make popcorn balls, caramel apples and iced cookies to hand out to the kids. It's really sad that we can't do that anymore. I always went through the kids' bags and tossed out anything homemade. Sad.

Beloved, I hope you get a plan in place before you're tempted to stray! That's when I'm most likely to get lazy and blow it. Hope your chiropractor appt. goes well and you get that massage!

I'm going over to Susie and Ramsay's this morning, then doing some baking at Cindy's for tomorrow's Fox Hunt that will start from the farm. The girls don't have any after school activity today, so we're thinking of taking a nice walk through the woods on their property to gather acorns and other stuff for a craft project we're planning.
Yesterday was completely on plan, and I have my menu all planned out for another stellar day today.

cottagebythesea 10-20-2010 06:40 AM

Morning, Heidi! Turn off that TV quick! :lol:

BelovedK 10-20-2010 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heidi58 (Post 3529707)
no walk and no breakfast? That's a rough way to start the day. It sounds like you've got a plan though, so good for you.:

Hi Heidi! :)

I have Saturday to look forward to. I will start P2 :carrot: That will be so much easier. I won't stray at this point.

I just got the Beck Diet solution in the mail. It is supposed to enhance any diet. I am excited to read it :)

Your day sounds crazy. So, you hoop? I love hooping, it is fun!

Everyone else :wave Good morning :)

CyndiM 10-20-2010 07:27 AM

Good morning :coffee2: I'm off to the zombie job today then home a little early to pack and head to Burlington. The hotel has a fitness room and I've found a few places nearby with good food choices. I'm also bringing my immersion blender and ingredients for basic smoothies. I know that will start my day right.

Ruth - Happy niggle clearing

Beloved - I couldn't function without my monthly massage. It really keeps my neck and back in line and has eliminated the crazy headaches. Hope your chiro has some good suggestions.

Heidi - We will not speak of that word :eek: The air does have that feel but I refuse to think about it, especially because I'm going North and over the mountains.

Cottage - Sounds like a perfect fall day - baking and a walk in the woods.

Okay, gotta run. Happy hump day friends

Lexxiss 10-20-2010 07:46 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

It was a morning that needed a smile and reading posts has helped. :sunny:

This AM has been a bit off, so far. (DH got up early) Fortunately, he's back in bed and I may head that way for an hour or so. The pups have been out and I've cruised through a few projects, although they do seem endless right now.

My food was pretty off yesterday-emotional mostly. I would like to do better today.

Ruth, good job not buying stuff for the kids when you know what the realistic outcome is. I hope you get through your niggles and get some time for yourself.

BelovedK, sorry about the walk and it sounds like your day is improving. There are several of us here who have read Dr. Beck's books and incorporate some of her strategies into daily life. It has really helped me.

Heidi, rush rush! :fr: snow! It's sure been nice here. Yay! for hula hoops!

Linda, sounds like a busy day....I just remembered Survivor is tonight...something to look forward to. Yay! for OP days!

Cyndi, great job planning ahead! Take care driving!

Karen:wave:

Ok, off to find more coffee!

rdw1 10-20-2010 07:48 AM

Good Morning Ladies! I started work with my department on Monday and its been quite exhausting. I am making a promise to myself that once things return to my normal schedule I WILL make it in here daily... whew, I'm getting here as much as I can now but geez thats not much. Diet shows with it too. (Boo.) I did get to see the new fitness center at my work and I am totally pumped about working out soon! They got new treadmills and ellipticals and bikes. They have huge monitors and they are touch screen. They even have games on them! solitaire, memory, soduku, etc. Well, Coffee is done so I am going to run! Hope you chickies have a great OP day!

WaistingTime 10-20-2010 08:49 AM

Good morning:)

Ruth - I think time is speeding up too! I wrote a blog post earlier this week about my history with Halloween candy. Lots of commenters said they actually buy full size candy bars now because they won't eat those like they would the little things. Hmm. I'm not buying yet.

Beloved - Massage sounds great. Enjoy the visit with your friend.

Heidi - I think I need to get myself a hoop. Snow!

Linda - Here's to your stellar day:)

Cyndi - Are you a fruit smoothie drinker or a green smoothie drinker? I have seen a lot of buzz about the latter but it just makes me cringe to think about it.

Debbie - Yesterday is yesterday. Today is an opportunity:)

Rikki - That fitness center sounds very cool! Too bad they don't have an internet connection so you could check in here while you work out.

I'm off in minutes to pick up hubby; he is dropping of the car he rented for his vacation. (We share one and teen has the other to use.) Unfortunately, on his drive home he had a rock chip the windshield. Sigh. I think we will get back on our bikes today. And it is supposed to be beautiful later. Book club tonight. It is a bit worrisome the email reminder said "fall food FRENZY." I plan to stay firmly OP. Gotta run...

chubbybunny29 10-20-2010 12:46 PM

Morning everyone!

Another sunny morning here! I tell ya though, I am looking forward to the time change, its killing me that its not light outside til after 7. I just don't do so well in the dark!

Today is a bit of a busy day, I am at work all day being a good little worker monkey, and then I have to run (or in reality, drive in traffic) home, and my inlaws are taking the husband and I out to dinner at Outback. I thankfully have found my outback meal that leaves me full without going Off Plan (no bread on table, don't nibble at everyone's appetizer, garden salad without croutons, small steak with seasonal veggies only...sometimes I add the shrimp too). So I'm keeping it light today calorie wise with some homemade split pea soup for lunch.

jandaman 10-20-2010 01:23 PM

evening ladies! sun has long since set and it's freezing! have already opened up winter wardrobe box=depressing!

so just a quick howdee-doo from me and a question for ruth:

what're niggles???

Pearlrose 10-20-2010 01:42 PM

Hello everyone,

I have but a couple of minutes but have read everyone's posts. I have not bought Halloween candy yet either thought the chocolate is out in full force at work. But have kicked that habit not touching the stuff at work at all. Today is a new day, that is what I tell myself every morning when I am working out.

I have tweaked a few things exercise and food wise this week- so I am hoping at the end of the week that I will see a reduction on the scale and continue onward from there.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

chubbybunny29 10-20-2010 03:02 PM

I won't be home at all in the evenings on Halloween weekend, so no candy, but I have bought a bit for my husband that has a sweet tooth. But I'm not having problems with it thankfully.