Huge jar of pesto is calling me.

• So, I made a dish for my DH last night with pesto, and right now it is callling me from the fridge (it is a large jar, I thought I could use it for other things)

I'll admit, I've had a couple of nips of it already, but in my time zone, it is almost 10pm, I am getting ready for bed and all I am obsessed with it getting some of that yummy pesto.

I'm writing this instead. My bad habits reach across any diet I could go on.

The pesto is OP, and I used that as an excuse to have so much around :-/
  • that's right! you go girl!

it's funny how we all have different tastes. my dh doesn't like pesto. his pizza calls my name pretty often though.
  • I have resisted (so far)

mmm, I'll never have such an amount of it again. Maybe I'll freeze it in an ice cube tray.
  • Oh man i hear ya, execpt peanut butter is my induldgence in a jar.
    its gotten to a point where i simply cannot keep it around anymore,
    congrats on resisting! ill have to take a page out of your book next time the pantry calls my name
  • Freezing it is a GREAT idea! Nobody likes pesto popsicles and it will be a quick easy meal for hub one night when you're stuck.
  • Quote: Oh man i hear ya, execpt peanut butter is my induldgence in a jar.
    its gotten to a point where i simply cannot keep it around anymore,
    congrats on resisting! ill have to take a page out of your book next time the pantry calls my name
    Me too on the PH! Love it; tossed my last jar. Sigh. Pesto doesn't do a thing for me.
  • Congratulations on choosing to write instead of nibble! You not only help yourself by doing that but you help others as well. Yay! It doesn't matter if a food is OP or not, if it is a trigger it is a trigger. Freezing is a great idea! I wouldn't have thought of it.
  • Well, it's morning and I resisted

Now I have to sit through a buffet at an all day seminar with all of my favorite comfort foods, great!
  • Best wishes today!
  • Good going! I find it hard to resist too and then I think of garlic breath. It keeps me pure ... sometimes.
  • I had a teeny bit this morning, with a lowfat cheese stick (I forgot about garlic breath ) Now I'll have to be in the seminar with bad breath. I am proud of myself, I didn't have much and I was thinking of quenching my appetite a bit so I am not starving at the champagne brunch later. Oh well, off to brush my teeth!