3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Wakey-Wakey Wednesday Beach Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/214171-wakey-wakey-wednesday-beach-chat.html)

Lexxiss 10-06-2010 01:24 AM

Wakey-Wakey Wednesday Beach Chat

Good Morning:sunny:

It's Wednesday on the East Coast and it's quickly approaching in the Mountain Zone of Colorado. In another 4 hours I'll have done 24 straight...not a habit I want to promote. I have gotten alot done just don't feel sleepy. I will go to bed.

Drapes are up(Karen, I was careful)....I tore the house apart in an organizational frenzy and am putting it back together a bit at a time. I was hoping to go West early Thursday, but need to get the cookbook done in order for that to happen...something not entirely under my control.

Have a great OP day everyone! I'll see ya'll later! Mom and Sis have their day planned. When I get back up I'll start putting rooms back in order one at a time. Then I can spend the rest of the day on the computer getting the project done....and dreaming of my pool!

cottagebythesea 10-06-2010 06:18 AM

Thanks for getting us started, Debbie, and I hope you are sound asleep right now. You must have incredible stamina to keep going for a continuous 24 hours! :eek: It sounds like you've gotten a lot accomplished, though.

I got Audrey's bedroom all cleaned up and organized yesterday, and it looks great. Even she was pleased with the results, and I hope she keeps it looking nice. Today I plan to go through Maggie's room, although it won't be nearly as tedious. I mostly have to sort through her clothes and put away the huge pile of Audrey's outgrown things that I put in her room. Cindy's parents are coming over after school today to make dinner for the girls and let me go home early. :) And Cindy will be getting home around noon tomorrow, so things should start getting back on a regular schedule again.
I'm going to toss some beans, veggie sausage and vegetables in the crockpot right now for tonight's supper. All the chatting about it on the "bean thread" has stirred up a hankering for it. ;)

CyndiM 10-06-2010 07:08 AM

Good morning :coffee2: Crazy day one down, crazy day two coffee fueling time :) Yesterday was super busy but ended with a very successful event. Today will be easier but as long.

Debbie - I hope you're getting some sound and rejuvenating sleep in before you tackle the clean-up. Hope you make it back to your pool ASAP

Cottage - Hmm, can I hire you to drive up here and do that with my room? That stew sounds delicious. I know what I'm doing for tomorrow night's dinner :)

I can really see my own behavior change when life gets Busy. In the past I would have grabbed a lot of snacks and munched on junk all day and I definitely would have hit the cookie tray in the evening. Yesterday I actually had to stop and grab some healthy on the go food at night because food wasn't the first thing on my brain. Sometimes we worry that we have become too focused on food because we spend so much time planning and evaluating. I realized yesterday that overall food takes up less of my brain. I wouldn't have evaluated my choices before but I would have had easy food at hand, thinking I needed it to get through the day. Recognizing the healthier habits and approach to food I've developed makes me very hopeful for my own future health.

Happy hump day Chicks

KO 10-06-2010 07:36 AM

Hi Chicks a fly by b/c about to hit the shower
Debbie get some sleep lovie!
Cottage those girls are so lucky to have you
Cyn great work with the keeping the successful habits
Trainer forgot to book me last night grrr but that was ok I was having blood sugar issues from a pear
so back on the horse today!

WaistingTime 10-06-2010 08:03 AM

Good morning. Another hump day already!

Debbie - You are wearing me out just reading!

Linda - It was always so hard to get my boys' rooms cleaned and organized. The easiest time ever was when my youngest went to overnight camp. He never even missed all the stuff I tossed! Now I just shut the door and don't go into his pigpen.

Cyndi - I am so glad you shared that success yesterday because I wondered if I would ever be able to not think about healthy eating all the time!

Kierie - Hope to day goes better:)

I am happy to report that my bike ride (23 miles) did not aggravate my back! I'll try to squeeze on in today after it warms up a bit and before I get my hair cut and colored. Didn't do an iota of cleaning yesterday so I guess I need to get cracking.

Have a great day everyone.

Lexxiss 10-06-2010 08:33 AM

Hi Everyone!

I'm back at it-glad I got as far as I did yesterday.

Linda, it's nice to hear Cindy will be returning tomorrow. Your planned ahead supper sounds great!

Cyndi, I hope your second long day passes quickly. I hope your schedule slows down a bit. It's wonderful when you get to notice how your habits have changed for the better. Thanks for sharing!

Kierie, have a great day!

Karen, glad to hear your bike ride went well! 23 miles is impressive!

Ok, off to my project...and coffee!

SusanMay 10-06-2010 10:11 AM

Thought I'd pop in and say hi! My son has preschool on Monday and Wednesday mornings, so I have a little more quiet-time in the house with just my little girl making the mess and noise. In this moment of peace, she's watching some PBS, and I'm having a nice cup of black coffee. Our basset hound wants her snacks that she's munching on, and is pouting because he knows he can't have them. He has some massive food allergies, and is allergic to most flours and meats. Rough life for a pup!

My day ahead has a massive amount of laundry in it, and a bunch of work in our kitchen. We just replaced our old fridge with a larger side-by-side, and had to take out a floor cabinet in the process. Our house was built in the late 40's, so squeezing the fridge in was a bit of a chore. I now have a wall that needs to be patched and painted, and I still need to find my countertops back! I'm thinking that I'll leave the patching to my husband and start the cabinet shuffle. I should be doing that right now, but coffee and quiet is a higher priority!

Hope you all have a wonderful beachy day!

BellaLucia 10-06-2010 10:33 AM

Good morning all! I made it to a month on South Beach yesterday, here here! In that month, I've lost 21.6lbs and gained a new lease on life! Here's to more success for all of us!

layddi 10-06-2010 11:28 AM

Good morning fellow SBers!
Hope everyone is doing well.
FoodObsessed- I was having negative thoughts about SB, but you have undoubtibly motivated me. Hope you dont mind, but need to ask you.. how long did you stay on P1?
I started on Monday and have not weighed myself of fear that I might get discouraged, but I dont feel I'm losing, I actually feel like I'm gaining. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
oooh I'm sorry "CONDRADULATION" "HIP HIP HURRAY!!"

rdw1 10-06-2010 11:55 AM

Good Morning Chickies! I am hoping this is the end of the cool weather for a bit! I know I was ready for fall but some days in the 70s would be nice!!! I didn't mean skip it! lol

Debbie- I sure hope you're sleeping now!!!:cloud9: (closest thing to a sleepy I could find ;0))

Cottage- What time should I expect you for my organiing next week ;) lol Glad you're going to be getting back to a normal schedule soon!

Cyndi- Thats awesome about your hmm, reprogrammed? maybe thats a good word for it :) Brain... I pray one day mine will get there! I am always thinking about food...:(

KO-:wave:

Karen- Enjoy your hair appointment! Are you doing anything different? Glad the bike ride went well!

Susan- Good luck getting your kitchen back in order! I have some of that to do today myself!

FO- Congrats on making it a month! Keep on keepin on!

Layddi- Its easy to get discouraged, if you fear you may don't step on that scale... just make sure you are eating right and keep with it... Depending on how much you have to lose you may not lose as fast as FO... and that shouldn't discourage you- you are eating for your health too and that is the most important thing :) Weight loss is an added benefit!

As for me this morning, I am just having my coffee, enjoying it, and getting myself psyched up to do chores and stay OP today... Motivation it seems doesn't come easy lately for me... I have been all over these boards and others looking for some and Maybe its just not in me right now! so I am going to become obsessed with calorie counting for a bit(or try to rather)... Still sticking to SBD and MD principles... SO far I have had a couple cups of coffee and think about going back for more right now :coffee:

Its supposed to be up in the mid 70s today which is super exciting because I have refused to turn my heat on the past week and have been freezing! (probably goes with my current coffee addiction) Well, time to plan my day. Starting tomorrow I am going to try to start my work schedule wake-up routine... YUCK. I am sooo not ready to go back, but ready for some socializing!

zeffryn 10-06-2010 12:04 PM

Met with my personal trainer this morning for my check-in. 15 inches and 21 lbs. gone since the last time we met 9 weeks ago.

rdw1 10-06-2010 12:36 PM

Zeff- You're amazing! All your hard work is paying off! WTG!:cheer:

p.a. 10-06-2010 01:04 PM

Morning everyone
you have all motivated me to keep going on southbeach...I have slipped quite a few times and thought about going back to phase 1 butI have to learn how to live on phase 2 for a long time. I still have lots to lose but havnt gained everything back. I fell into the trap of eating too many breads and fruit on phase 2 and the scale showed it this summer. Ive cut out the breads again and cut down on the fruit and been feeling back on track again.

BellaLucia 10-06-2010 01:06 PM

I stayed on Phase 1 for 2 weeks, then as luck would have it, we ran out of fruit when I was in the beginning stages of P2, so 5 more days on Phase 1. All in all, 19 days. Layddi, I ate out three times during Phase 1 and got something from a bbq place without the sauce, beef and brocolli (no MSG) twice from a Chinese place. I started walking for just ten minutes on Phase II. Are you on TOM cause that's why u might feel like you are gaining. I ate beans, egg, meat, beef and veggies on P1. For Phase II, I've added a fruit daily, increasing to two fruits in 2 weeks till I work my way up to three fruits a day. I wish I had gotten my act sooner but things happen for a reason. I'm also working on going back to school starting 2/7/2011 so I can work again and move into my own place and be self-sufficient. Layddi, you won't regret making this lifestyle change!

chubbybunny29 10-06-2010 01:13 PM

Layddi - I felt bloated and 'heavier' the first few days too...part of it was my digestive system just being a bit tempermental about the change. Be sure you're drinking lots of water, and getting in your veggies. I bet at your first weekly weigh in, you'll be happy! I was, I'd lost 7lbs!

Not much going on today in my world. Just being a happy little worker monkey. Tonight is "Wine & Jacuzzi" night with some friends - a weekly tradition in which we sit in the jacuzzi, have a glass of wine and then watch Survivor together. Not a bad way to mark Wednesday!