3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Monday Beachin' (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/214004-monday-beachin.html)

cottagebythesea 10-04-2010 06:16 AM

Monday Beachin'

It's a cold and rainy Monday on my part of the beach. We put up the storm windows on the sunporch just in time, it seems. :brrr:

It's a perfect day for a pot of butternut squash soup, and I'm going to make a pot of it this morning before heading off to the farm. That will probably be my lunch and supper, as the girls have cotillion after school and we'll be rushed for time.
I've pre-warned Audrey that I'm going through her room and getting it organized today, so I hope she heeded my warning and found homes for all her mulitple collections. ;) That child saves Everything! Maggie's room will be next, so I hope she watches and learns, LOL.

CyndiM 10-04-2010 07:04 AM

:wave: fly by morning greetings. Have a good Monday everyone

Lexxiss 10-04-2010 08:57 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

A fly by here, too!

Linda, thanks for getting us started! I wish you would come do some organizing for me.:lol: It sounds like a very productive Monday with a warming dinner when you come home tonight.

Cyndi, I'm remembering this is your super busy day. Take care and I hope you fly through without major bumps.

I have lots to do at home with the "canning project" then I'll go to Denver later today. My drapes will be ready at 4 and I'd like to find new rods which may take looking at multiple locations.

Take care everyone!

KO 10-04-2010 09:51 AM

Morning Cottage!
When you're done with Debbies organizing can you swing by NJ? Need to drop my snacks and lunch off at the fridge and snag some tea
:wave: Cyn
Debbie New Drapes! Do tell :)

Not too much going on here I went out to eat twice yesterday and stayed OP :strong: today is the 4th day in a row I've worked out! Feelin' Good!
Not much else going on Just a wet Monday!
Kierie

WaistingTime 10-04-2010 10:21 AM

Good Monday morning everyone!

My back is improved to day, but I am not sure I should risk biking. That will make three beautiful weather days that I did not get to take advantage of! And I will feel guilty for skipping. I have a few hours yet to decide; it is pretty cold this morning so I'd go in the afternoon.

Need to plan some meals.

Have a great day all.

rdw1 10-04-2010 10:51 AM

Good Morning Ladies! A quiet one in here ;0) That doesn't usually happen!

Cottage- I need some serious help in organizing! I drive myself nuts over it... My mom reminded me that even when I was young I couldn't just go into my room and clean it-she would come in to find picking through every little thing in a box or something... So maybe I need a lesson on a quick clean more than organizing! lol DH says that is still true- I always make a bigger mess to clean. Oy.

Cyndi- :wave: Hope you have a good day!

Debbie- I would definitely do some online browsing! Try JCP- they are having a huge window sale right now...

KO- Yeay for you on the OP eating out and exercising! Wooo!

Karen- don't beat yourself up, you definitely don't want to overdo it!

As for me, Im back from vacation- I have had some serious diet mishaps while gone too, but that is all in the past... on a better note I think I am losing a bit of my food sensitivity... I have been eating dairy and gluten for the past 2-3 weeks and while swollen for the first couple weeks I seem to be adjusting now. My ankles don't look like cankles anymore and I am feeling like I am back to normal... SO, I think that I will start back with some more wheat and barley occasionally... and still keep the dairy to a minimum. Counting calories again though... I need to get back on track! OK, I've rambled long enough! Hope you chickies have a wonderful day!

BellaLucia 10-04-2010 10:54 AM

Wish me luck. I weigh in today.

KO 10-04-2010 01:33 PM

Karen I'd rest or maybe put some icy hot or one of those stick on heat patches to keep your muscles loose

Rikki I clean the same way! Right now I'm avoiding all refined carbs and fruit b/c I was Cravemaster General and swollen too. I didn't know dairy increased swelling too. . .When I finish the 1 greek yogurt lurking in my fridge I'll go back to avoiding that too.

FO Good Luck!

BellaLucia 10-04-2010 02:01 PM

Thanks KO! I have lost 22lbs in 1mth!

chubbybunny29 10-04-2010 02:54 PM

Morning everyone!

I thought I'd stop in and say hi. I've been a bit of a lurker on the daily posts, and decided it would be a good day to stop being the creepy stalker in the shadows. I hope everyone's day is going well!

I am starting to prep for Canadian Thanksgiving which I'm holding this weekend. I'm an immigrant to the US, so this is the one tradition I make a big deal of, including throwing a dinner party, turkey and all, for friends. I love doing it even though its exhausting! I'm off the recipes board to find some recipes that will work, that won't take me off plan that day!

Lexxiss 10-04-2010 04:08 PM

Kierie, super that you had such a great weekend OP! Don't get too wet. BTW-old drapes, just dry cleaned...the traverse rods are at least 50 yrs old. It's an old Victorian bay window. It's pretty spectacular-the center window is 6'x8', but I've felt like I'm living in a fish bowl right now.

Karen, glad to hear you're feeling better....BTW-you know what they say about guilt.....

Rikki, I hope you had FUN on vaca! Thanks, I'm heading down to Penneys as soon as I finish here.

Okie, :goodluck: on your weigh in!

Chubbybunny, :welcome23: to the daily. It's my SBD lifeline, as I don't always have my menus planned. I make sure I check in here everyday. Your weekend sounds fun! My sis lived in Vancouver for years and always celebrated with the Canadians.

Ok, off to Penneys. Bing can go today....

Natasha1534 10-04-2010 10:05 PM

Hello, ladies. Just popping in to say hello. I'm really tired for some reason and I've got to get up early in the morning, so I'm going to go through my closets for shirts I want my aunt to tailor and then I'm going to bed.

Goodnight!!! Hope you all had a good day!!!