Tuesday Daily Chat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Wakey! Wakey! Rise and shine!

I'm "doing a Lexxiss" this morning and am up and at it. I just could not get back to sleep after my 2 A.M. potty run. There's a lot on my list this week so I decided to just get up and start instead of lying in bed fretting. I'll probably be ready for my afternoon nap by 11!

It's the first day of school around here and I will join the mothers and kids down at the corner to wave off the school bus. It's drizzling out there right now and I'm hoping it stops by 8. A rainy first day of school is a drag with boots and brollies.

It feels like September just started and it's already the seventh! Stop the world. I want to get off!

• Wow, I thought I'd be first this morning! Hope you're back to sleep Ruth. I've been doing the same thing but no napping allowed while driving around the state.

Today is a summer day in the middle of early fall. Such weird weather even for us. I am off to the coast and a bird and whale watch for DW's birthday.

Need to drink more coffee before driving. Hooray for short work weeks!
  • Most of our schools started last Monday, but little Carley starts kindergarten today and is very excited. I'm glad she has a sun-drenched day for her first day.

Ruth, ack! Up since 3am! I know you'll need a nap this afternoon and hope you put the "closed" sign out!

Cyndi, I'm glad you'll have good weather to celebrate Julie's birthday on the coast. Wish her a happy birthday from me!

I'm eager to see my girls today, but won't see them until I pick them up at school this afternoon. I think they start gymnastics back up this afternoon, and I'll have to get used to a new after-school activities schedule. My mornings should be free, but then I never know what time I'll be getting home in the evenings.
  • Good morning ladies!

Ruth, I hope you're snoozing, Cyndi - enjoy your day and happy birthday to Julie, Cottage, I hope Carley has a perfect first day!

It's dreary and rainy here right now, but the forecast says we'll be sunny and warm by noon. I am looking forward to a cooler week at school.

I have to go get dressed, I hit some big summer sales over the weekend and can't decide which new outfit to wear to school this morning - I'm really enjoying this dilemma, it's one I don't have very often!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • Gppd Morning

Yes, Ruth, you definitely slid into my schedule. It's just so quiet and I get so much done....my crash happens about 4. I hope your day includes a little fun and relaxation.

Cyndi, happy vaca!

Linda, what grade are the girls in? I can't keep track.

Heidi, how exciting! New clothes!

I'm slow today and think I'll enjoy some peace before the day heats up. Nothing new here except the pool doesn't open until 9 now...
  • Good morning ladies! Happy Tuesday! I was up early today as well. Up at 5 and on the treadmill! Already made the girls lunches and my coffee. Hubby is on the treadmill now and the girls are still sleeping. I think I could tackle the world if I always got up at this time! Yay!

Today will be a busy one! Hope it is great for everyone!
  • Good morning!

Ruth - I remember standing at the bus with my camera! Then, years later, taking pictures as they drove off on their own. Sigh. The month is going too fast for me too.

Cyndi - Sounds fun!

Linda - They always seem to keep you very busy with their activities. What grades are the in now?

Heidi - New clothes - fun!

Debbie - Slow and peaceful can be good

Nat's Mom - Good for you!

I will be confused all week as to what day it is! This afternoon I am taking a senior friend to run errands. Another morning bike ride. That's about it.
  • Debbie and Karen, the girls are in 4th and 2nd grades this year. My granddaughter, Amber, is in 5th grade, and Carley is a kindergartener, so we pretty much cover all the primary grades.

I just sorted through all the mail and paid all the bills, so now I'm totally caught up. Whew! I think I'll head over to the farm around 9 to see what's waiting for me there.
  • Good Morning Ladies!

There is a massive wild fire burning here in Boulder and the smoke has created a heavy (and smelly) blanket over the entire Denver area. Needless to say I won't be going outside unless I have to, I hate the smell of lingering smoke!

I hope everyone has a nice day!

• up early in work early leaving early for pt
    coffee? my scheds all flooey!
    Cyn have a beautiful day with Julie wish her a happy from all of us

back into the pits
  • The weather is gorgeous here. In the 60s and feeling just like Fall. Did my exercise this morning, made eggs for breakfast and the coffee was so good! Looking forward to a great day! Have a great experience today everyone!
  • Good Morning Chickies!

Oh my Ruth-I can't imagine getting my booty out of bed at 2am! whew.... but then again I rarely ever have a hard time sleeping...And I like that your post was so perky that early too!

Cyndi- Enjoy the watching! Sounds so fun! Ive only been to Vermont once and it was in the fall- and it was absolutely gorgeous!

Heidi-that sounds like a much better dilemma to have than having nothing to wear at all!

Debbie- is the pool schedule going to mess your schedule up? I sure wish I could be a morning person like you ladies!

Nat's mom- yeay you for getting your workout in so early!

Karen- Enjoy your ride! Sounds like a relaxing day to get some "you" time in!

Cottage- Have fun at the farm!

Lindsay- gross... is the fire still burning?

KO- I think our schedules are all out of wack!

As for me today not too much going on... I have 1 month till I go back to work and as bad as it sounds, I am not ready!!! Still so many projects around the house I would like to get done! I did order new furniture yesterday so we should be getting it in a couple weeks. I have to get rid of what we have and I am thinking craigslist. If I don't decide to attempt the backsplash before hand it will be done not this weekend but next... still wanting to do a bit more painting and also get the floors done so I may check out home depot and lowes today to check on that. I figure we should just have someone else install it- I don't have the time anymore! whew- I am going to make my eye start twitching so I am going to go outside and enjoy the morning with my breakfast! Hope you all have a great short work week!
  • I had a little bit of the SBD flu but it's all clear now! Thanks for your love, encouragement and support everyone! This time it's for keeps. Please keep me in your prayers regarding my move. I hope to have the ball rolling tomorrow, please pray for me!
  • Rikki: Yes the fire is still going strong. Last I heard there are over 200 houses at risk and several have already burned to the ground. It is very sad for the people that live there and many of them went up on ridges nearby to watch their homes and all of their belongings burn. I was certainly grateful for my home this morning.

Obsessed: You are in my thoughts today! Try to stay positive!
  • Hey Lindsay and everyone! I am staying put for now. I will think about moving next November! My life will be much easier if I stay put. I just gotta watch my back!