Phase 1 Carb Guidelines?

• Hi all..

I am starting the SBD today and was wondering about certain processed foods for phase 1. For instance, I like to use pasta sauce as a topping for my fish. Is this possible? If so, are they any type of guidelines for choosing the right kind? Like.. less than # sugars, or less than # carbs? Sorry if this is a silly question - I am a beginner!
  • Hey Futureskinnygirl!

I know there are guidelines on certain things like bread (when in Phase 2) and salad dressing (throughout all Phases) but pasta sauce I'm not sure about. I, however, went to a Whole Foods store and got myself a No Sugar Added pasta sauce and I spiced it up a little on my own and it was great and didn't affect my losses.
    Looking at the ingredients in key while on SBD, if you see sugar or modified food starch you may want to choose something else.
    I hope I helped a little.
    Good luck to you!
  • Have you read the book. It answers a lot of these questions and is the best way to begin this diet.
  • Pasta sauce should be No Sugar Added. Read the labels. There are a few out there. Hunt's makes one, but I like the Classico brand. Some of their flavors have NSA. You do have to constantly check to make sure the recipe doesn't change though.Salad dressings should contain 3 grams of sugar or less per 2 TBS. The FAQ's here are very helpful. I printed them off and took them to the grocery store with me when I first started SBD.
  • thanks all! your input is appreciated!