Counting grams of carbs on phase 1 i am i correct?

• Okay Ladies so i have a huge dilema back in 05-06 when i did the southbeach diet with my causin we both lost a lot of weigh and we were counting grams of carbs we eat like on phase 1 we would not go over 23 grams a day how did we come up with this number i have no idea so my question is are we suppose to count grams? like do we have a limit? i am doing phase 1 from scratch again i slipped up and eat a southbeach protein bar that was meant for phase 2 and i need to be strict with myself and have this life change down and get rid of cravings. Well if anyone knows about how many grams we can have please let me know thank you very much...
  • We are not a low carb diet, but a GOOD carb plan. (The carb limit is probably from Atkins induction.) Milk, tomatoes and legumes are definitely essential elements of Phase I. Check out the Phase I food List in the FAQ.
  • I have heard the grams of carbs can be anywhere from 50-100g on Phase 1 and that is with dairy, legumes and tomatoes, like Ruth said. We don't count anything on SBD though, that is the plus of SBD!

In my case, I do log my food in a calorie counter so that I can see what I am eating and although I do eat about 60g of carbs on Phase 1, I also eat about 30g of fiber so technically I eat about 30g of carbs a day after all the math is done. I don't try for any specific amount, I just eat according to plan and this is what it usually comes out to.

Good luck to you!