South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 06:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Taking on Tuesday

Happy Tuesday!

We had some horrific storms rumble through here all night and I wasn't sure I'd have internet this morning, but all is well. My daughter and her family had planned to leave for home after supper last night, too, but the stormy weather put an abrupt halt to that, so they're leaving right after breakfast today.

I have a busy day ahead at the farm, as houseguests will be arriving and I have to get their rooms ready, and then I'll have a pile of sheets and towels to tackle here once I get home, whatever time that will be.

It sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm not really. Just contemplating what's on my agenda for the day. How's your day shaping up?
Old 08-17-2010, 06:21 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Cottage,
We had bad storms too last night. I guess we need the rain. Luckily no problems with internet or phone, which always seems to go out when it rains. I do NOT recommend digital phone, in case anyone is considering it.

Today I have a busy day at work - a meeting, and a photo shoot. Next week our routine changes a bit because my son is attending a different camp, and then the following week his regular camp is in a different location, so that will shake things up a bit. I was just thinking this morning that I am someone who loves a routine, but I'm a little sick of the summer routine! Feels like groundhog day. The new yoga video will help, I'm sure.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-17-2010, 06:34 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Looks like it rained last night but not enough to wake me up. I'm glad I won't need to make time to water the garden this week.

Cottage - Hope the rain there made the temperature a little more comfortable. How many work days left?

Matilda - A photo shoot sounds interesting. What video are you starting? I'm hoping to get back to class after Labor Day

Today is a training day so on the road again. I'm really fine tuning my on the road planning with the new job. Three days on the road pretty much every week now. I love driving around Vermont so I enjoy it. I've got a great map and will find new places to walk and explore between meetings. This week and next though I'll be with an experienced organizer, so lots of planning, conversations, and questions.

Happily I don't have to be on the road until 8:30 today, so lots of time for coffee
Old 08-17-2010, 07:22 AM   #4  

Good morning! Sounds like everyone got rain last night except us! Today I hope to get the house in good order and finish all the laundry before work starts back tomorrow! I may go into work a little later today for some comp time but it really depends on the boys and when they decide to get up! I hate to get them up early when they still have another day to sleep in before school starts for me!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You "Southerners" had rains which cleared out weather beautifully. Thanks so much. We are crisp and cool this morning - a lovely sunny day coming up.

I was really exhausted last night and fell into bed around nine. I just woke up a few minutes ago. I guess I was tired from a go-go weekend and then a big day of work on Mill stiff sandwiched between a trip to City Hall and a Board meeting. I hate days like that, especially if they are self-inflicted.

Today I'm off to the bank in the next town, have a cheque to deliver and Jazz and I will do pet therapy mid-afternoon. He is no longer traumatized by his haircut but Disney still hates hers.

There is a wonderful scent in the air this morning. It's either my white flowered hostas in bloom or the wild cucumber blossoms sprawled all over the hedge. This will soon be replaced by the aroma of drying tomatoes which I'm about to start. I bought some tomatoes that are smaller than regular but larger than cherry - Campari, I think. Dried tomatoes and mushrooms give wonderful concentrated flavours to things. In September I may dry some chopped peppers too - right now they are pricey and not from Ontario.

Time to stop babbling and take on Tuesday. Enjoy to good bits.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all. We get rain here today, instead of overnight, so no bike ride. My poor teen, on his last day to sleep late, got roped into selling sportswear to freshman so has to get up before 7am. I have been working on writing the senior tribute for his yearbook and it is hard! Boring day here.

Have a great one all
Old 08-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Been absent from the daily forever. I find it very hard to write here in the AM with my work schedule. When I finally have time in the evening, I worry that no one reads it, since most of you guys are on here so early. However, I'm on vacation from home this week, so I'm goiong to try it.

Had the worst week ever last week. Record flooding combined with a heat wave in our area with lots of roads underwater and people displaced. Some of my co-workers had no water due to flooding of their town waterworks. I'm in charge of assisting about 100 staff members on my floor switch over to computer documentation last week, and let me tell you, it was not fun. Extremely stressful for people who are already feeling very stressed in their jobs. I got yelled at by two nurses and went home in tears twice. Why do I volunteer for these projects? (Because I love doing them.) Had a surprise 80th BD party for my mom Saturday. Main road to her home in the country was under water, so my sister had to put out about 100 detour signs all over! It was a wonderful party but eating was bad! Drove a truck up to Minneapolis Sunday night to move some furniture for DD1. Hate driving up there anyway, but was very nervewracking doing it in my DH's truck. Got back yesterday, but 40 miles from home my DS calls and his car broke down on the way to Iowa City (45 miles in another direction). Called hubby who left work & met us there. Had to tow it to the next town (45 miles from our home) and don't know when or how much to fix it. Gave DS my car to drive to his new apt at college. DH gave me ride back home. When I got home, my DD2 reminded me we are having a Mary Kay party she planned at 6:30. Quick cleaned up the house and showered when DS calls & says he's in Iowa City (100 miles away), but doesn't have his apt. key (It is in the towed car.) He has a less than fruitful trip. He's just over there applying for jobs right now. My son has mild Asperger's syndrome and this is his first apartment so I am extremely nervous. I'm used to having to manage a lot of things for him, but he needs to start managing his own affairs and becoming less dependant on me. Had to get him a GPS for his car because he gets lost frequently.

Today I'm planning on a trip by myself to the State Fair here in town. Looking forward to my solo time and plan to eat clean as much as possible. I think Greek salad is about the only meal available at the fair or pork chop on a stick (pretty lean). I think I need a vacation after my vacation. The weather here has finally cooled off, but maybe a little rain today. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Whew! You're all so busy these days.
Anne, enjoy your time at the fair, it was so good to see your post.

I'm on my own today - my daughter is at work and I've been sitting around on the couch with her cats since I got back from my walk this morning. I have several little things I'm looking forward to doing around the house this morning and then after lunch I'll explore the stores in the neighborhood. I'm going crazy checking out all the little shops and restaurants, I'm going to have to mail a box home because everything won't fit in my suitcase. Houston is some different from rural Maine. I think I'd go broke if I lived here.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning, ya'll! I have had one bad eating weekend, along with recovery yesterday from too much wine Sunday night. oy. anywho- I ma back on track 100% today and plan to keep it that way! I will head to the farmers market this afternoon. Snacking on some cukes with hummus now trying to get myself caught up with the online world! The scale has been ticking me off, but I suppose it is good motivation to get my bootie to the Y today and check on a membership. It actually felt good outside this morning when I went out. but, supposed to get in the 90s again...Well, I will try to check in with you ladies later!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

Oh- and I got my job back and I was on the news... http://www.wsmv.com/news/24639321/detail.html hehe

Last edited by rdw1; 08-17-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #10  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Very late here, slept in to an embarrassing hour! Very rare, but when I do, I just walk into hubby's office and say "Shut up" before he even opens his mouth. : )

No rain, just a bit of thunder yesterday evening. Wish we had some cool coming our way, but doesn't look like it.

Ah, fair food! It would be the reason I would not be allowed to go to the fair.

Have a lovely day, all.

~~Sally
Old 08-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hello, everyone! Just checking in after a too-long hiatus. I don't have a clue what the old ticker says, but I'm pretty sure she's probably a big, fat liar.

Nothing new is going on here. Still working the same job, as is DH. Life's been quite boring lately, so there's not anything to update you on.

Obviously, my weight loss efforts have stalled and then reversed, but I'm doing better today and am just going to take it one day at a time.

I hope everyone's doing well!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #12  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey Kim! I'm new here, as you can see by my posts. I'm probably in about the same weight range as you, and also "out there" in Texas.

Good luck on your re-start. I'll never forget hearing a woman speak at Weight Watchers a few years ago (before SB) who joined WW 13 times over the years before it "stuck" as she put it. She went on to lose over 100 lbs.

I'm all about new beginnings. I wake up to one every day. : )

~~Sally
Old 08-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

We just got back from our mini vaca and had a wonderful time! We "people" got along great and the pups (5 in all) got along quite well, too. We have yard stuff to do (2 BB bat sized squash and mega tomatoes). I'm going to unpack and get organized!

Anne-what a week! I do read the posts later in the day, or early the next am-even if I forget to say hi, I always like to hear whats going on in your world.

Ok, time to unpack!
Old 08-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #14  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Rikki, I watched you on the newsclip! You're gorgeous! Well, my day at the fair was miserable. It's raining cats & dogs here! Only spent 3 hours at the fair and didn't eat anything. Very soggy!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #15  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Hey Kim! I think many of us are back after too long

Thanks anne!
Closed Thread