3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Focused Friday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/209228-focused-friday.html)

CyndiM 08-06-2010 05:59 AM

Focused Friday

Good morning :coffee2: It's a cooler day up here. Looks like the humidity is finally gone away. I hope it stays away!

My summer has been busy, busy, busy without enough time to think or plan well so my goal is focus. Focus on me, on being healthy and making the choices that work best for my body. That means regular exercise and Phase 1.5 foods.

My day will probably border on dull. There are so few people working in our office these days that office days are too quiet for me. I'll head out a little early because DW is playing at the Farmers Market at 4 and I have some postcarding to do there for the new job. After that it's all weekend!

Stop by and say hello before you head out into your busy day. It's a nice way to start the day off on the right foot and the company is pretty darned good :flow2:

cottagebythesea 08-06-2010 06:33 AM

Good morning, Cyndi, and all to come. :coffee:

It's mite cooler here today, too, and much less humid than it's been. I have to run over to the farm for an hour or so, but the rest of my day is free. :)

Cyndi, I'd sure love to be at your farmer's market to hear Julie play this afternoon! Enjoy your quiet day at the office and have a good time at the market.

I've been looking for different things to do with the bounty of zucchini and tomatoes from my garden, and have been making zucchini "spaghetti" with my spiral slicer, and topping it with homemade tomato sauce all week. It's a great way to use up all those veggies and I'm not bored with it yet. I'm looking forward to experimenting with my new dehydrator this weekend, too. :)

Jake has today off, too, and wants to run down to Delaware to look for a new lawnmower when I get back. oh boy.

CyndiM 08-06-2010 06:59 AM

Cottage - I absolutely love the zucchini pasta trick :drool:
Happy dehydrating and watch your fingers if you're using a mandolin. Those things are hazardous.

cottagebythesea 08-06-2010 07:05 AM

Thanks, Cyndi! I almost cut off my thumb with the mandolin a few years ago, so I'm extremely careful with it now. ;)

WaistingTime 08-06-2010 07:40 AM

Good morning Cyndi and Cottage. Where is the rest of the gang today?

After several phone calls and trying different things we finally got our internet provider to figure out that our connectivity problems are not only legit but also probably in the lines. Frustrating! Someone is coming tomorrow to take a look. Funny how years ago I hardly got online and now I am here many times a day.

DS has a friend coming tomorrow for a week's visit. Time for some serious menu planning to satisfy teen boys and me too:) The best part is DS will clean his bathroom without too much complaining.

femmecreole 08-06-2010 08:36 AM

Morning all. Sun is out and it's hot of humid (of course!)

Just hanging out here today. Have to hit the grocery store later and do a little cleaning. I'm watching a really good video right now called "Sugar The Bitter Truth"..it's a lecture and surely eye opening. If you have an hour and a half to kill, (even if you don't and bookmark it for later!) it is really worth watching.

Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!

Lexxiss 08-06-2010 08:42 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

It's a slow morning here...we went to see Jackson Browne last night and didn't get home till the wee hours. I'm headed towards coffee then need to start my focuson getting things done so we can get back to our garden.

Schmoodle 08-06-2010 08:47 AM

Good Morning, chicks.
DD is doing well and has decided to go spend a couple of days with my mom, who is a retired Med-Surg nurse. I'm very glad about that because my mom will be thrilled to have someone to nurse and I'm kinda getting burned out. It's been a stressful week.

Interview went well yesterday, now just to wait to hear back from the recruiter and stew over the possibilities. I've gotta work some today, but I really need to catch up on some house stuff. My kitchen is bothering me, it needs a good top-to-bottom scrubbing, and I need to plan menus for next week. Oh, and the darned veil! My niece's wedding dress will come in this week and she'll want the veil to try on with it. Well, there goes my day!

Cyndi, I wish I could come hear Julie too!
cottage, lawnmower shopping does not sound fun. I'd do what I could to get out of that for sure!
Karen, life sure has changed, hasn't it? I remember when I set up my first email account and joined eBay back in the mid-90's. Now I can't imagine getting by without the internet.
Cat, I think I saw that lecture. I took notes!

Well, my fridge is not scrubbing itself, so have a great day and chat with you later!

ETA: Hi Debbie! How's old Jackson doing? Does he use a walker onstage? I saw him many times at Merriweather Post Pavilion when I was in high school.

LindsaysMommy 08-06-2010 08:49 AM

Morning everyone, so happy it's Friday, and I get to leave work at 1:00, even though it's for a Drs. appt. I can still beat the traffic. Had some bad storms come through last night, good that it's all over with.

Two funny things happened to me this morning, you would think it's Monday, but maybe I am just so over joyed its Friday I can't think straight. First, I tried to make waterless coffee, needless to say it didn't work. Also then once at work, I tried to make my eggs in the microwave with my micro egg cooker, well it made some popping sounds which has done before so I just let them cook for 1.5 min. I opened the microwave and the egg cooker had opened it's self. Then for my final stunt, I grabbed the egg with a fork to put it into my bowl and poof, I had egg confetti all over me (the egg exploded), the counter and the walls. So why did I stick the other egg, (egg cooker cooks two eggs at a time), just to see some more confetti. Too funny, now that I think about it all. Eggs were a little tough but were able to be ate. Gotta love the mornings. . .:-)

rdw1 08-06-2010 10:52 AM

Hello Chickies! I slept in this morning so I got 10 hours of sleep. That just seems crazy. I didn't even hear the alarm. Went to dinner last night with some old work peeps. it was lots of fun. I enjoyed two glasses of wine and LOTS of water! I had spiced marconas and yucca fries with tomato vinegarette that was soso. I couldn't eat many of them because they were fried and just too greasy for me. SO I am back in full swing(thought I didn't really stray from my diet-still ate vegan and gf) but I am definitely watching my fat and calorie intake for the day! Time to make my smoothie and plan out the rest of the day!

Janet- I sure hope your day gets better ;0)

honeysox 08-06-2010 10:54 AM

Good morning all! I'm glad it's Friday, although my days seem to run together lately. Three years ago (a lifetime ago!) I worked 12-14 hours a day, five days a week on my feet. Now, I play at the computer all day, bored out of my mind, trying to pull in some income off the internet. All those unexpected twists and turns--so unpredictable. The DH works from home also (a real job, thankfully, with a real paycheck) so he keeps me from gouging my eyes out. : )

(I remind myself daily: be careful what you wish for!)

At any rate, it's nice to see everyone headed off to their Fridays with a good attitude, since I sometimes forget to dig mine out and put it on.

Schmoodle, would love to see a picture of that veil when it's finished! And Cyndi, I'm right there at that Farmer's Market with you this afternoon, listening to your DW play. What a great way to end the week. *jealous*

I've lost 4.5 lbs since Monday. MUST put those darn scales away before next week. I've learned from many many years of dieting that they only tend to motivate me at the beginning--the rest of the time, they do just the opposite . . .

~~Sally

BellaLucia 08-06-2010 11:19 AM

Good morning all! Appointment today with my psychiatrist. Going to Nigeria on Sunday so I gotta get my hair done.

honeysox 08-06-2010 11:28 AM

FoodO, what a fantastic trip! I have a friend going to Africa for three weeks this month--but to a different part. She spent the weekend here; she was very excited after she got all the details from another friend who went last year. (It was Girls Gone Wild weekend here. Fun!)

Can't wait to hear your stories when you get back.