Week 1 P1

• So I just wanted to say HI! I've been looking through threads and using it for research on my way here. I started this Saturday morning, the 31st, and am finding that if I weigh myself each day to see a change at least then I am confident to make it through the next. LOL So far in two days I've lost 8.2 pounds so I'm doing good for motivation. LOL I honestly did this so many years ago and don't have the book any longer, I am more or less going on memory and what I've read on here, but I am going to go hit up the local library and try to find an updated copy. I dropped from 308 to 231 on my own, just changing portions and food intake and minimal exercise. I had some medical issues and was put on a high dose of steroids so just got back up to 252.2. I really need a boost to get my motivation back and so far this seems to be it. I'm excited to see how much success I can have! Nice to meet you all!
  • Nice to meet you, I just finished my first week on Ph. 1. Keep up your good work.
  • Hi Mom,
    Welcome, I am new too so I dont have too much advice, but be careful on weighing yourself everyday I noticed that I dropped weight really quick after two days, but the next day showed i gained; it averaged out at the end of the week but just dont let it discourage you.
  • Nice to meet you!
  • samantha! You'll find there are lots of fantastic people here with loads of great advice as well! Look forward to getting to know you- jump in on the daily thread we're a bunch of chatty cathy's over there
  • Welcome to the site AND the beach!!!
  • Thanks
    Well, I lost another 1.6 pounds since yesterday, but it's dwindling in numbers fast so I really should incorporate some exercise. I'm going to try to get in a work out today, and focus on a little less fat intake, see if I can keep a loss for tomorrow. I just really want to quickly get down to 231 again so that I don't feel like I'm back tracking anymore. LOL I wish I had more motivation for exercise. A work out buddy is what I need. LOL
  • Remember weight loss in Phase 1 can be from water loss too, so don't expect to maintain that rate of loss. Sometimes getting somewhere quickly is not a realistic goal. I don't want you to set yourself up for disappointment when the rate of loss slows down, which it does for most of us.
  • to The Beach, Samantha!
  • :o)
    Absolutely Anne, I do understand that this isn't normal, and understand the water weight pretty well too. It's just in the early days to keep going can be difficult so I like to weigh myself daily to see any kind of change for motivation to get through the next day. Yesterday I smelled the most wonderful strawberries and I actually considered licking one! LOL So the weight loss helps me in those moments. Today I've lost a total of 10.6 pounds in 4 days. Pretty excited. I think I'm going to start exercising tomorrow to help things along from here.