3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Wants something sweet after a meal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/208478-wants-something-sweet-after-meal.html)

LindsaysMommy 07-29-2010 08:38 AM

Wants something sweet after a meal

I almost always get a craving for something sweet after a meal, you know the good stuff chocolate!! Anyone have suggestions for this battle? :)

annie175 07-29-2010 08:40 AM

SF chocolate pudding, SF fudgesickle. LF yogurt with fresh fruit.

hope for recovery 07-29-2010 08:47 AM

Thats hard to deal with. I used to be like that. What i had to do for myself is change my eating habits to new ones where i just don't have deserts any more. The longer I do it for, the longer it works for. Meanwhile, try milk with cocoa powder and the chocolate muffins (eggs, cocoa, ricotta, SF). Also tea really helps me a lot.

I have a really bad habit of eating before bed... and I have substituted one thing for the other. I suppose an egg is better than few ice creams but eventually I just had to stop. And it is hard but I only have to do it today. I have a lot of hope and positive affirmations and I drink tea before bed so that I don't have to eat. Otherwise cravings will drive me mad. Thank God for herbal tea, cinnamon and cocoa powder!

tiredalways 07-29-2010 08:50 AM

Try Fruit2O or Dasani fruit water or any other sweet water

I have seen that if I drink that water when i crave for sweet ~ my cravings completely go away.

my 2 cents

LindsaysMommy 07-29-2010 08:56 AM

Is SF hard candy okay for Phase 1. Wonder if I just tried something like that.

Trinity1004 07-29-2010 09:05 AM

I just started SB, been calorie counting for 7 months but I just read that SF candies are ok in Phase one if you have no more then 75 calories worth. I could be wrong though. I like the Crystal Light Pink Lemonade hard candies, yum :)

saef 07-29-2010 09:12 AM

Ah, you've been trained over time to believe a meal ends in the sweetness of dessert.

You need to retrain, like one of Pavlov's dogs.

For me, it's black decaf coffee now: Something bitter rather than sweet.

WaistingTime 07-29-2010 09:44 AM

I am the same way. I found that I can ignore it after lunch and after dinner I have my sf pudding almost every night. But maybe Saef has the best idea for us both - retrain ourselves. Brushing my teeth sometimes helps.

zeffryn 07-29-2010 10:52 AM

I agree on the retraining. I'm not perfect but on most nights, some peach herbal tea works for me. sometimes i still crave something chocolatey and carby - like cake, but i'm getting better at not even needing to snack at night.

souvenirdarling 07-29-2010 11:25 AM

Maybe a sweet herbal tea, or a peppermint tea?

PinkHoodie 07-29-2010 11:55 AM

I did SF gum for awhile. It really helped me...now I have teeth problems and I can't chew it. :( I also like SF Fudgesicles, but I only have one at the end of the night, and lately it hasn't even been every night. I'm not HUGE sweet tooth though. I am more of a salt, crunchy tooth. LOL

beth0811 07-29-2010 12:46 PM

Baskin Robbins makes SF candies, I like the cookies and cream, I have one after lunch and dinner, I also crave sweets after a meal

Lexxiss 07-29-2010 06:54 PM

SF hard candy is ok on SBD P1. I found that a SF peppermint often does the trick. Another one of my favs is SF jello; plain or mix a little FF yogurt in for P1 and I love to add berries on P2.

Natasha1534 07-29-2010 09:40 PM

I put a recipe up in the dessert area a while back...it's sugar free pudding inside a shell made from whole wheat phyllo dough. You can add a squirt of fat free or reduced fat cool whip on top...it's really good.