On plan thread (July 26-July 30)

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Phase II begins tomorrow for me! I will be starting off with bread, cereal, then fruit. I mean three diff. carbs on each day not on the same day! I'll be on Phase 1.5 for 2 weeks to see how my body adjusts!
  • Yay! Just got back, did some minor grocery shopping and picked up a few more things to last me through a week and a half, until I have another big shopping day.

B- 1 whole wheat/cottage cheese pancake
    3 eggs scrambled

L- Cottage cheese with drained canned pears/peaches/grapes (was in its own juice) and flax seed

D- Salad of mixed greens, grilled chicken breast, parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes, carrots, and ranch

S- 2 slices RF provolone & a small bunch of fresh grapes

D- Greek yogurt with vanilla & splenda
  • Mel, are you on P1.5?
  • Phase 1.5

B: whey protein, almond milk, chia seeds, berries
    S: Greek yogurt
    L: white bean soup with extra squash
    S: popcorn, cucumber slices
    D: grilled baby eggplant & veggie sausage, sauteed patty pan squash

exercise: 30m walk at lunch, 10m arms, 30m Wii step workout
  • 1. Smoothie: spinach, carrots, whey protein, green powder, chia gel, orange, a piece of ginger
    1/2 banana,soy milk,vanilla powder (ground buckwheat groats and a vanilla bean) strawberries and blueberries
    2. I'm going to do something with some mahi-mahi and leftover broccoli, but not sure what and a salad.
    3. Fruit or fruit sorbet
    4. nuts of some kind
    5. sipping chia fresca and chia crystal light through out the day to total about 72 ozs.

supplements..1.5 teaspoons of MSM and a vitamin C

exercise: 1 hour at gym
  • Phase 1 for a few days to get my head back in the right place after my great vacation.

B - hot tea, v8, string cheese
    S - hummus and red pepper strips
    L - swiss chard, grilled chicken, steamed zucchini
    S - almonds or SF jello
    D - DH is picking up meat when he goes to town later this morning. Steamed veggies with whatever he brings home for the grill.

A milky beverage in the evening.

Exercise: Walking for sure. I really should get back to the wii fit strength training, so I'll try to squeeze that in today, too.
  • Cat, I really like your style of eating without the big meal in the evenings. I've been trying to mimic that the past few days and find that I sleep SO much better and wake up more refreshed. i like the idea of having 3-4 meals instead of a set breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm going to test it out for another few weeks and see how it goes.

still battling the bloat this morning -- but TOM is here...that explains it.
    --

1: smoothie (spinach, berries, banana, whey, greens powder, chia seed, almond milk)
    workout
    2: sauteed kale and white beans with poached egg,
    3: greek yogurt, tomatoes, zucchini
    4: almonds

lots of water

exercise: at least 60 minutes cardio
  • HI

What does Phase 1.5 mean?
  • Hey Beth, it's a stage between 1/2. It's called 1.5 because u are slowly transitioning into stage 2!
  • Thanks, I will ask more detail as I approach. Today is day 5!!! this is a great accomplishment for me, I appreciate the support here.
  • Quote: Mel, are you on P1.5?
    Yep. I ended Phase 1 about 2 weeks ago, and have been slowly trying to transition into Phase 1.5 and then 2, because I fear if I overdo it or rush into it, it may lead to cravings.

Woke up with big headache, no breakfast for me. Got my butt in gear with some Advil just in time for lunch.

L- Chicken caesar salad- huge bed of romaine, chicken breast, parmesan, and caesar dressing.

S- Apple with SF natural PB

D- Tacos made with lean ground turkey, seasonings, lettuce, tomato, salsa, RF sour cream, FF cheese, on a whole wheat flat-out wrap. May have some on top of salad also.

S- FF organic Greek yogurt with vanilla and splenda

SF fudgesicle or small bunch of grapes
  • Omg thanks to everybody for being such a motivation. I am on day 10, phase 1 and i just wanna start phase 2 tomorrow or something. I am trying to be patient tho, if others can do it, so can i right? I don't know how much weight I have lost, I feel like it is not much. I am doing my sugar free tho, only few days left, then planning on having carrots and beetroot salad one day and boiled barley another day, is that ok?
  • continue with the full 2 weeks of phase 1. you're so close, it's worth going the rest of the 4 days.

have you posted any menus in here? the book gives you a ton of information about the transition between phase 1 and phase 2, but here, here, and here are some threads that may help in your transition. If you don't have the book, the FAQ section here is your next best resource.
  • The weekend was weird. No planning Saturday which meant OFF plan. A little. But not too bad, considering... Yesterday wasn't so bad either, so I guess I am slowly getting better even when I am not OP.

Phase 2

Pre-workout - decaf green/white tea
    B&L - after *canceled* yoga class, got a burrito. Not even off plan - whole wheat tortilla with whole pinto beans, scrambled eggs, salsa and very little cheese - but not really what I would have planned for
    S - carrots/celery with hummus, 1/2 a grapefruit with some cottage cheese
    D - giant green salad, steamed broccoli, grilled tofu, sliced tomatoes
    dessert - nonfat Greek yogurt with wild blueberries

Calories: 1220 (WOW, surprising after my ~600-cal burrito this morning), 21 g fiber, 39% carbs, 35% fat, 29% protein.
  • I don't even want my SF fudgesicle now. Today instead of my apple PB snack, I had FF greek yogurt with red grapes (with a little vanilla flavoring and splenda). Oh my god, it was sweet enough for me... the grapes... it was perfect. It was like a delicious, yet healthy little parfait or something like that in a bowl. That will be my dessert tomorrow. It's making me very happy that I can have something like that for dessert. It shows my tastes are changing. Yay!

I'm about to now have my apple and peanut butter snack for dessert rather than the SF fudgesicle as I enjoy some television before bed.