yogurt phase 2

• What kind of yogurt are you using?
    I know plain fat free is good to use
    but I like the yogurt with fruit, and I found one that has no sugar added and low fat, or is better to use the Fat Free fruit flavored yogurt (which has more sugar grams) ?
  • As long as your yogurt is lowfat or fat free, it should be fine as long as there isn't any added sugar. The sugars should only come from the lactose.

I like to add my own fruit or other flavorings to nonfat Greek yogurt, or just eat it plain.
  • I hated plain yogurt before I started SB...now, I love plain greek yogurt but flavor it with either cinnamon or nutmeg and sometimes a small handful of berries.

Like Cyndi said, all yogurt is going to have some sugar grams from the natural lactose. Just make sure the yogurt you are using doesn't have added sugar (sucralose or artificial sweeteners are fine), like HFCS or just plain sugar. A LOT of the fruit flavored yogurts have HFCS.
  • I either add fruit to plain fat free Greek yogurt or I add SF caramel syrup, a little vanilla and Splenda to it and it's fantastic. I have tried the Light & Fit before but wasn't impressed and now I see it has added sugar. It's very difficult to find one that doesn't have some kind of sugar in it.
  • i as well do not like plain yogurt but LOVE vanilla flavored...however i used to eat it with granola pre sb....cnay granola suggestions for the 1st week of phase 2?

thanks!
  • If you're just looking for the crunch, try some grape nuts or Ezekiel cereal. It gives a great crunch with lots of fiber and hardly any sugar (if any at all).

Again, watch for added sugar to vanilla flavored yogurt. I've even seen plain yogurt with HFCS.
  • I am a HUGE fan of Chobani Greek Yogurt 0%.. a little stevia and some vanilla and Kashi nuggets is awesome.
  • A good crunch is also obtained with some roasted almonds...yum.
  • Yogurt with some ground flax seed, vanilla flavoring, and a bit of splenda. Yum.