South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 05:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Musings and Mutters

Good morning from rainy Delta. The dogs have decided to just cross their legs this morning, They've had breakfast and have gone back to bed. The original meaning of "dog's life" does not seem to apply around here.

Odds and ends to do around here this morning and then a Mill board meting this afternoon with my cobbled together financial report. My soccer girls are at Heathrow right now and will be here late this afternoon. I plan to help with pick-up and will hear all sorts of things, I'm sure. What an experience for them although they did poorly against the tough Europeans.

On with the day.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi, Ruth! Thanks for getting us started this morning. I hope your long term weather forecast is a bit more promising. The pups will have to uncross their legs and go out sometime! I'm thinking that the Delta Fair must be coming up on the calendar. Enjoy your day!

My family is all here, and we had an enjoyable reunion and a healthy dinner last night. Unfortunately, I engaged in some emotional eating which I'd like to nip in the bud...no need to continue, but old habits die hard, I'm afraid. Mom gets better every day and we'll take a short trip to higher altitude today for a picnic while avoiding the heat. I got to ride my bike yesterday which was fun, but I really felt the effects last night. I think I'll get to hop back on again today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I got in very late last night, then had trouble falling asleep because showtunes kept running through my mind. But what a great show it was! We thoroughly enjoyed it!

The sky is looking dark and ominous right now and I think it's going to be storming pretty soon. I'm going over to the farm shortly to do some tidying and romp with the dogs, but I should be back in a few hours. I'm hoping to catch a nap this afternoon, as I'm dragging right now.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a sleepy morning here too. Maybe we should cancel Monday and go back to bed? I think the dogs have the right idea.

Ruth - I bet the girls have great stories Hope the rain lets up long enough for the dogs to get outside!

Debbie - Glad things are slowly returning to normal. A picnic sounds lovely today as does bike riding.

Cottage - What a fun evening The day may call for extra coffee.

Just a normal Monday. I've got 8 trays of dried squash that need to be dealt with before work so I need to get to it.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Heading off for a week of reading workshops, 8-3 each day. Still have to make my lunch. It will be nice to see everyone though.
Decided to skip the gym today to get some last minute stuff done before this long torturous week begins.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good Monday morning. Where is the summer going?

Ruth - I bet the car ride will be so much fun! Nothing like a group of kids chatting in the car.

Debbie - Glad to hear the family visit is going well. I did my own emotional eating this weekend with family drama. Sigh.

Linda - I always have the music running through my head for ages. Right now I am hearing "If I was a rich man."

Cyndi - Have a great day. More dehydrating on tap today?

Cat - Sorry it will be that kind of week for you.

I am hoping to get on my bike today for the first time in a while. I need the calorie burn! And the longer I go without a long ride the harder it is to get motivated. May have family show up tonight or if not, they come tomorrow. So a bit of cleaning is in order.

Have a great day all.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:44 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Linda, glad you had fun last night! Rest up!

Cyndi, I'm jealous of all your squash! BTW-it's not normal I am going to have to invent a "new normal".

Cat, sorry about the boring week ahead!

Karen, I hope you get back on your bike. I thought I would have lost alot of umph during these three weeks but I was amazed to still have a little backbone in my bike riding. BTW-great bike riding where I live if you ever decide to do a Colorado summer trip. Ouch for family drama!

Ok, back to reality! It should be getting light out! I guess I'll have more coffee and head out!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

..................sun rise, sun set, la, ti, da, la, la, la, la!......................
Old 07-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
..................sun rise, sun set, la, ti, da, la, la, la, la!......................
Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick hello this morning chicks. Trying for a Phase I week. My stomach is in knots - job hunting is no fun. I haven't changed jobs in 15 years, so not looking forward to interviews, package negotiations, etc. Plus there are a couple of folks that are going to be mighty pissed with me when I go. I try not to burn bridges, but sometimes they burn themselves! I'll just be glad when it's all settled.

You all have a "fun" Monday if you can.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #11  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies

This is my last day in Iowa, I wish I could stay longer! I've been walking a lot, doing things outdoors, and just having a terrific time visiting with Cathy. But, all good things must come to an end and it will be good to see Fergie and the pup in the morning.

No time for personals this morning, either - but as always I enjoyed reading your posts and finding out what's going on in my 3FC friends' lives.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Heidi58; 07-19-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey gang! I made jollof rice today, a Nigerian dish. I won't be eating it since I'm on Phase 1. I hope Dad likes it though. I excercised for 30minutes and only had to stop once! I'm getting the hang of this. I go to the Doctor's on Friday so I will check my weight. I hope to see some results! Say hi to your Mom Debster! Glad she's improving.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

ugh. i'm just feeling fat and bloated today. i was down 3 from my weigh-in on Friday, and am up 7 from that. My eating really hasn't been bad. TOM is so out of whack right now, so it could be that.
Closed Thread