South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #1  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Default Back from vacation, ready to buckle down!

Hi Ladies!!

Hope you guys are having a fabulous summer. We have been getting lots of sun , went to Toronto for 4 days and ended up by being off-plan for 7 days. Glad and relieved I am back on track, where I'm supposed to be

I was planning on eating healthy "most of the time" while away, but for a big city, geez I was surprised at how very. very few healthy choices there were.
My diet consisted of mostly: Haagen-Dazs ice cream bars, iced Caps with cream, and Yogen fruz frozen yogurt.And uber-gulp Dr Pepper Slurpees. << highlight for off-plan food I ate ..
As a lame excuse also it was like 400 degrees in the shade so not much of an appetite except for cold things. On a positive note I did not binge, and did not eat (much) when I wasn't hungry.

Decided for now, to go back to a strict 1.25 and not to actively count carbs for the time being. It feels good to be back!! First time ever that I was able to plan an off-plan period, and get right.back.on!!!! Feels like a NSV...

Planning to weigh in on Wednesday and will post the "damage". want to give myself a few days to purge the bloat and carb storage.. amactually looking foward to sugar detox this go around, I feel so much better without all that crapola in my body

Thanks for listening to the ramble...
-Tara
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #2  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Good luck, sounds like despite the 7 days, you have a clear idea of what you want to do and will stay OP after this detour. I love the positive way you described this. You know you went OP but you're not beating yourself up about it, instead you're jumping back in to getting on plan. I admire that, and your positivity will surely help you.

Hey, know what's weird? I highlighted to see what you ate while off-plan, and normally I'd be drooling, but since being OP for 3 weeks, it didn't even elicit a single craving! Yay! I'm glad.

Also glad you're right back in there! A week of eating off plan might derail me but you seem a lot stronger. Kudos, and good luck!
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #3  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Melanie,
Thank you! I know what you mean about the cravings- that's really why this plan really rocks, is that a few weeks in, the cravings disappear! In the past few months, I have even had several new restaurants come to town, and I didn't even go off-plan to try them. At home, it's just as easy to grab something healthy as it is to grab something junky.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote