3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   What to eat while getting over stomach flu?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/206510-what-eat-while-getting-over-stomach-flu.html)

fcmonroe 07-07-2010 07:34 AM

What to eat while getting over stomach flu??

Yesterday I spent the day in bed after throwing up breakfast. Had clear liquids, nothing else. The day after, I would usually stick with the BRAT (banans, rice, applesauce, toast) diet, but that's not exactly SB legal. I'm having some oatmeal for breakfast, but I wanted to get your opinions on what to eat the rest of the day. I'm not planning on a five course banquet!! I'm still not feeling 100%.

Good news is that I lost 2 pounds yesterday!

zeffryn 07-07-2010 12:54 PM

I think the best thing you can do is just recover. I always took a few days off of SB, especially if I was in P1. BRAT was my best friend. I made sure the applesauce was natural and unsweetened (not artificially sweetened!), the toast was whole wheat and the rice was brown. I didn't go overboard on them either. a slice or two of toast, a cup or so of rice, a banana and 1/2 cup of applesauce. I think as long as you aren't downing cupcakes just because you're on a break, it isn't going to cause any drastic damage. Get some rest, drink plenty of water and hop back on the SB train when you start feeling better.

Hope you feel better soon!

Natasha1534 07-07-2010 12:59 PM

When I'm sick like that I like to eat the clear broth soup that you get at Japanese Steakhouses. It's basically just chicken broth, green onions, and thinly sliced mushrooms.

WaistingTime 07-07-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeffryn (Post 3375052)
I think the best thing you can do is just recover. I always took a few days off of SB, especially if I was in P1. BRAT was my best friend. I made sure the applesauce was natural and unsweetened (not artificially sweetened!), the toast was whole wheat and the rice was brown. I didn't go overboard on them either. a slice or two of toast, a cup or so of rice, a banana and 1/2 cup of applesauce. I think as long as you aren't downing cupcakes just because you're on a break, it isn't going to cause any drastic damage. Get some rest, drink plenty of water and hop back on the SB train when you start feeling better.

Hope you feel better soon!

I agree. And maybe some sugar-free ginger ale, although maybe it isn't really made with ginger any more, which is the ingredient that helps the tummy. Maybe a sugar-free popsicle would feel good. I hope you feel better soon.

zeffryn 07-07-2010 03:54 PM

I use ginger tea - both hot and iced. That really seems to calm my stomach.