South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #1  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Default Question about Flatout wraps?

I've had several packs in the freezer for weeks, so I'm going to use them when going onto Phase 2, for a sandwich or a pizza.

Just one question, wanted to check to make sure it's okay.

I have one package of Flatout Healthy Grain Honey Wheat, made with 100% stone ground wheat. First few ingredients are water, whole wheat flour, oat fiber, vital wheat gluten, honey roasted soy flour, soybean oil.\

Sugars: 3g.
Protein: 8g
Calories: 100
Total fat: 2g
Sat and trans fat: 0g

The other packages are Flatout Light, says it's made with 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat. Ingredients water, whole wheat flour, oat fiber, wheat gluten.

Sugars Og, Sugar Alcohol 1g. Protein: 9g
Calories: 90
Total fat: 2.5g
Sat and Trans fat: 0g

The Light ones sound good, I just want to make sure it's real whole wheat. No sugar which is great. The honey ones have 3g of sugar, is that still okay? If not I'll just give those away, because I have 4 packages of the Light sugar free ones.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I've occasionally used the Honey Wheat flatouts, and they haven't stirred up any cravings for me. I'd say go ahead and try them.
The "light" flatouts are the ones I usually buy, and as long as they're made with 100% whole wheat and are low in sugar, they're fine for SBD.

They make wonderful taco shells and are great toasted and topped with bruschetta spread and goat cheese.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:28 AM   #3  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Thanks Cottagebythesea! Yum, love those ideas.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote