Day One of Phase 2

• Anyone else transitioning to Phase 2 this week?

Whew! I am glad to be over the hurdle of Phase One. My cravings for sweets are gone which was a big problem for me. I ended up losing over five pounds. My goal is to lose about 25 so I am thrilled to have lost five. I just ordered three used SB cookbooks off of amazon.com. I hope those will keep things interesting!

Going to a baseball game on Tuesday. I really want a hot dog with bun. Not sure what I am going to do. Maybe I will just eat the dog or half of the bun.

Well, I hope everyone is having a good Sunday!
  • Congratulations for completing Phase 1! You are over the hardest part of this plan and have successfully kicked your cravings.

Now, think about it. After all that, are you willing to possibly ruin it all and cause your cravings to come back, all over a hot dog bun? Eating white flour will cause cravings, and that's why Phase 1 is so strict and why we give up eating the white foods. Can you take in your own whole wheat bun? That way you can still enjoy your hot dog and still be on-plan.
  • I am behind you by one week. I start Phase 2 next Monday... but not sure how I am going to approach it. Probably VERY slowly. Congrats on your 5 lbs down.
  • Yeah, you are right the bun isn't worth it! Thanks for your feedback. I will probably just eat the dog - they are all-beef hot dogs which I believe are allowed? I know there are other concession options, but I am not sure what will be there that is SB-friendly - probably not much.

I am also trying to go slow starting out with just fruit in my plain yogurt. I may add a whole grain as well depending on how it goes.