3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Feeling kinda bad (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/205479-feeling-kinda-bad.html)

talvey 06-24-2010 04:30 PM

Feeling kinda bad

Ok, so I dont get a chance to get on here much because of work, school, the kid its always something. But I had a very good 2 weeks (lost 9 lbs). I even went to see my husband in Pensacola this weekend (he is stationed there for his school for the Marines) and since I only see him about every 2 weeks he said he noticed the difference right away. Which makes me feel great. But now I seem to be at that point where things start slowing down. I have been stuck at 187 for a week, and then I kinda cheated a little bit yesterday as we had a function for a SVP where I work and they ordered lasagna and of course I had some with the bread, bad I know.. :( And this morning it comes up that I gained a pound, which makes me feel even more like poop... But I am trying to pick myself up and carry on and get back on track... I am very proud of myself though for keeping up with everything until yesterday, my new goal is at least 2 lbs a week. So I started using my Wii Fit yesterday as well, so I am hoping I can get back on track with the weight loss.. But I just felt the need to vent a little, thanks for "listening". ;)

sckakame 06-24-2010 05:13 PM

It sounds so cliche' but we all have those days. Congrats on the loss, and well done on picking up where you left off. THAT is a sign of success!

WaistingTime 06-24-2010 05:16 PM

It happens to most of us sometime or other. The key IMO is to get right back on track and not let the one piece of bread become a whole loaf! BTW - many find that the loss slows a lot at the beginning of phase 2. Hang in there.

murphmitch 06-24-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talvey (Post 3356819)
my new goal is at least 2 lbs a week.

Don't be too hung up on a number. Measure your waist weekly too. That way you won't get too discouraged if the scale doesn't cooperate. Weight loss sometimes stalls when beginning Phase II & usually slows way down.

Mmckellen 06-25-2010 06:26 AM

Just want to chime in that I don't think you should be disappointed if you don't lose 2 lbs. per week. This diet doesn't really work that way. You may not lose, or show a slight gain, for a week or two then you will have a *woosh* and lose 3 lbs. Maybe it would be better to focus on how you do each month rather than each week. By the way everyone cheats at one time or another. Just dust yourself off and get right back into it.

TwynnB 06-25-2010 06:56 AM

And the bread will put on water weight (and pasta!!). I always take away grains from myself for a few days, and the weight is gone again. (and the cravings!)

Great job on your first two weeks!