PM Snack Time Devil

• I get the munchies so bad right before dinner, I'm such a "nibbler" which is a bad habit, but I nibble a little bit of everything as I cook and I know those little nibbles add up What do you all do to ge through PM snack attacks before dinner...I do chew gum while making dinner sometimes and that does help a bit.
  • I cry alot Sorry. I drink gobs of water. Boring, I know. Any one of the on plan snacks are grat. My dark time is a couple of hours after dinner. Jello, cottage cheese, sliced turkey, have been my go tos. Stay strong!!
    and good luck.
  • My go to snack is a SF FF latte at Starbucks about 3:30 and then carrots (Phase II) & hummus. Anything with beans really fills me up. Today I had a boiled egg that really stuck to my ribs. Also I eat a lot of veggies with lunch (about 4 cups) with plenty of protein that really keeps me full.
  • My toughest time is after dinner too. But I often have two afternoon snacks so I am not overly starving before the meal. And drink lots of tea. What about some crockpot meals so you are not cooking at the same hour you are tempted to nibble?
  • Evenings are my worst time-it's not hunger just a continual desire to graze. I don't nibble while cooking(my rule). If I am finding I really want to, I will put a few of the nibble items on a plate and sit down for a snack, then resume with dinner when I'm finished. I go to bed earlier these days, too.
  • Schedule a small snack for that difficult time, and make it something you really like like nuts or something like that. For me, sometimes I have a pickle when I come home from work. The saltiness and crunch (I like half sour pickles) satiates my cravings and the pickle actually does fill me up.
  • I have some "amazing grass" powder in chocolate. A little of that in some FF milk and it does the trick for that evening grazing time. It takes care of that "I want something, but I don't know what I want" time I've always had problems with. It not only takes the snack urge away, it adds some veggies too.
  • I really dont 'have snack attacks, but I am working on another hard to break habit. ~ One that I have had for years and I thought was gone until this past winter. I tend to want to eat stuff when NO ONE is around. Crazy I know, but with three kids, a cat, being a teacher, a wife, there is always someone around. I like to enjoy food alone sometimes. But... thankfully for me, this week being on SB, has completely helped that!

*Brush you teeth. When your mouth is minty, your are offten compelled not to dirty your mouth right away*

*Make a deal with yourself. Every time you "nibble"... do 10 squats. The next day you will be so sore, you wont' want to nibble!*

*Already suggested, but drink water.*

*Give yourself a dollar for every day you don't nibble. AT the end of the month go buy a new skirt or blouse!*