3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Moved on over to the Beach.... and I love it! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/205390-moved-over-beach-i-love.html)

sckakame 06-23-2010 05:56 PM

Moved on over to the Beach.... and I love it!

:carrot: I am on day three, and while I faced an obsitcle today and didn't make the right choices I had an "aha" moment. The "rules" are there for a reason ~ especially the part about eating snacks. ;)
I started on Monday in at 155, yesterday weighed 153, this morning weighed 153.5. I am NOT thrown off by the 1/2 pound gain as I am not new in this whole weightloss thang. ;)

I was an Atkins girl, and in 2008 lost from 227.5 to where I am now. I have been down to 145, but couldn't maintain that. And I have spent more time "trying" to stay on plan then actually doing it. I am not knocking Atkins, it was wonderful, but it is time to move forward!

Anyway, sorry to ramble on.:o Just wanted to say I am here, and glad I am. Now.... where's my chair?! LOL

Ruthxxx 06-23-2010 05:59 PM

:welcome: to the Beach! here's your chaise but you will have to wait for the cabana boys. I have dibs.

Natasha1534 06-23-2010 06:00 PM

Welcome to the Beach!!! ;) I never tried Atkins, but my doctor recommended SB b/c, in his words, "after a week or two of meat and eggs and cheese you'd KILL for a bagel." LOL

sckakame 06-23-2010 06:00 PM

Come on Ruth! can't you share?! Pretty please??!

WaistingTime 06-23-2010 06:10 PM

Welcome:)

Natasha1534 06-23-2010 07:04 PM

Wait...I've been here almost 2 weeks. Do I qualify for a cabana boy yet??? LOL

cottagebythesea 06-23-2010 08:03 PM

:welcome2: to The Beach, sckakame! You'll have to forgive Ruth. She's pretty stingy with those cabana boys, but if you keep pestering her, she'll send one over eventually. ;)

dizzylille 06-23-2010 08:57 PM

Welcome welcome!! Glad you're here!! Congrats on the weight loss. That's impressive as heck.

murphmitch 06-23-2010 09:24 PM

Welcome to SB! I'm impressed with your previous weight loss! :welcome2:

Lexxiss 06-24-2010 04:22 AM

Welcome!

Mmckellen 06-24-2010 06:15 AM

Welcome and what a great job with Atkins. I did Atkins myself about 10 years back. I do think SB is healthier for you overall, AND I find it easy to stick to for the most part. You don't have much to lose at all so don't be discouraged if it goes slowly or you go up and down. Welcome again.

sckakame 06-24-2010 02:36 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I guess if Ruth don't want to share, I will bribe one of those Cabana boys.. Muwhahaahaaa!

Honestly, I am excited as today I felt "fueled" for the first time. I mean, I wasn't stuffed, I wasn't starving, I was fueled, and I felt it! That is what I have been longing for. To feel pleasure when eating ~ not guilt, and not obsessive. It felt good to have a stuffed bell pepper with chicken salad, steamed broccoli on the side and a cup of spicy v8 juice. Now I am drinking some water, and .... food is no longer "consuming" my everythought.

If I lose ~ awesome. But really, I want to improve my health. As crazy as this is going to sound, my gums are lookng better and better everyday. I know I wasn't fueling my body with the things it needed. Now, I feel the freedom to do that, and to enjoy my veggies. I haven't really added in much diary yet, mainly because I need to go to the store. :) It will happen.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome.