South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Marvellous Monday

Hey! It's now officially summer and the longest day of the year. Maybe that's why I woke before five this morning.

I did absolutely nothing yesterday except go to Church and spend the rest of the day goofing off. It was really muggy so was easy to convince myself not to work outside.

Today I'll crank it up a bit. It's time to start gathering the schools' artwork for Delta Fair and get it sorted for judging. It's a week with some meetings,a appointments and volunteer work so I'm sure I'll manage to keep busy. I'm glad I took the weekend off though - sometimes we just have to STOP!

How does your longest day look from this early morning perspective? Take time for a coffee and a bit of a chat.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:56 AM   #2  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

I have a workshop today (outside, in the heat) and so I'm off to Curves early!!

Hope everyone else enjoys the coffee. I'm grabbing mine in a togo cup.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Moving & Shaking Motivating Chat

The sun is rising and the coffee is ready! Time to rise and shine and get the day going!

I'm anticipating an easy week since the girls are in Maine with Richard until Thursday, and it will just be Cindy and I at the house, and she'll be at work most of the time. Maybe I'll beat Jake home for a change.

The humidity is supposed to be much lower today and will be a welcome relief from the weekend's steamy temps. Our pool sure did get a workout!

So what's on everyone's agenda for the day? Stop by for a cuppa and a helping of motivation before you start your day.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ah, Ruth! You beat me to it!!!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
I had a great weekend, very relaxing - friends visited, and we all had a great time. I did go off plan, but not too badly. This is technically the last week of school (although for some reason, the real last day is next Monday, and it's only a half day) so things feel a little strange around here. Camp starts next Tuesday, and I wonder if my son is anxious about it. So many changes for him!

This week at work should continue to be quiet and I'll be able to get some things done hopefully. We will have our evaluations over the next two weeks which in my case will be VERY interesting because of how things have gone between myself and my boss over the last year. I'll keep everyone posted.

Have a great day!!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am back at home and using the normal fast internet Unfortunately I had insomnia and was awake more than not last night so not much to say (how do you type grunts?).

Ruth - Glad you had a little time off. Happy gardening

Cottage - hope you make it home early

Francis - Hope the workshop is worth being at! I hate waste of time meetings

Matilda - The school my Mom subs at has 4 partial days this week. The last day kids just go in to pick up report cards. I can't believe the state counts those. It's so silly and a waste of gas where they are.
How was the retreat?

I have a busy day of meetings and catching up. Hope your Monday is a breeze.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Ruth, I'm glad you had a relaxing day yesterday. I'm thinking back and don't recall that happening very often. Enjoy the longest day of the year!

Hi Francis, I hope you enjoy the workshop despite the weather. I think I'm going to pick up the wii walking game you've been talking about for those days when I just can't walk outdoors. I enjoy my treadmill in the fall/winter/early spring but I just can't motivate myself to use it when it's hot and humid.

Good morning Linda

Matilda, the last week of school is a whole different animal, isn't it? Most kids go back and forth between being thrilled about vacation and being sad/nervous about the familiar routine ending and the mysteries of being in a new grade with a new teacher in the fall. It's always a pretty emotional time of year. I suppose it doesn't help that we teachers are feeling the same way. I hope your son enjoys his last week and that you have a great day at work.

Cyndi, *GRUNT*
Welcome home, sorry you weren't able to sleep last night. I hope the meetings and fly by today.

I slept in this morning, and it sure felt good. I'm heading out for a walk in a few minutes, before it gets too hot and that feels really good, too. I love walking first thing in the morning but I'm not quite ambitious enough to get up early enough for a morning walk on school days.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We finished the move late yesterday. My feet are so sore-I would guess I did a half marathon up and down the stairs. Yay! for SBD energy! I could have never done this several years ago.

My next mission is VBS. I have all my duties on a piece of paper. I have 1 1/2 hrs to find it and get there. I think I have my supplies for the day?? Of course, I said I'd bring the coffee! That was good, because the co-chair forgot that and showed up with a can of Yuban decaf.

Have a Marvelous Monday everyone!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Officially summer! I always forget it does not start when school gets out or Memorial Day weekend. Ours "summer" is a quarter over already... until my son goes back to school. Fast!

May get back on my bike today... but it sure is hot and humid out there already. Ugh. Dentist later. Double ugh.

Have a marvelous Monday all
Old 06-21-2010, 07:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning all. Doing much better this week. I am up and already had my walk and started laundry. Playing catch up from last week. Have a hike planned for this a.m. before the heat gets started so off to hydrate:smile:
Have a great day and a safe one too!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all..
arriving a bit late this morning. I slept in..ME! Didn't get up till 7. Stayed up late watching the season finale of TREME, then couldn't settle down so watched comedy specials after that. Nothing planned today except the gym and grocery store.
Gee, Cyndi, kids get out late there. We've been out almost a month. When do they go back to school? We go back mid August.
I'm slugging back a huge veggie/fruit smoothie for an extra "push" at the gym..
Hope everyone has a very good day!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-21-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Alright, so I don't know if y'all remember when I was so crazy busy with work, but it was to create spots for our football team for TV. All that hard work has paid off...this morning, one of our local news anchors in Nashville wrote in to tell us what a great job we did with them! She's also a local filmmaker and producer. I am on top of the world, even if I did forget to wear my GoWear Fit today and I am paranoid about working out without it, haha.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good afternoon! Run-by-fruiting for me! We're in the middle of property protest hearings at the office and it's been crazy in spite of my girls doing an amazing job. Boss-man is starting to hand the reigns over to me, so I've had a bit more responsibility this year and it's been stressful, but pleasantly challenging. Hope everyone's doing well!
Old 06-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/172/155

Height: 5'6''

Farmer's Market this afternoon was in-sane. I let myself get hungry there too--not smart. I had to hurry home for some OP food. Started phase 2 today and the strawberries kinda made me cry
Old 06-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #15  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Heidi--it's definitely worth a try if you already have a Wii. It is compatible with the board, but I don't have one of those. Some people have posted that it's easier to play without the board than with the board.

My workshop ended up being all inside. I guess the presenters were too worried about teachers gripping about the heat. I don't know why they gave us the outdoor hiking dress code!

Frances
Closed Thread