3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Newbie saying hello (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/204057-newbie-saying-hello.html)

jewels2730 06-08-2010 02:47 PM

Newbie saying hello

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for a little while and have gotten so many great recipes and ideas from this forum. I wanted to introduce myself and say thank you! I am on day 2 of Phase 1 today and I have a lot to lose, but I feel like I am finally at the point that I have the willpower to do this. I have PCOS, so I should be eating a low-carb diet anyway and finally after a friend started a few months ago, I finally decided to take the plunge. My weight is at an all-time high and I need to get healthy, so there's no better time than the present I guess! And my DH is doing it with me!

I have the 2003 book, so I've been reading all of the updates through various forums. One question though about sugar during induction. Is it true that you are only supposed to have under 3 grams sugar? For instance, I bought low-fat cottage cheese as it says you can have that as part of your dairy allowance and a serving has 4 grams sugar.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to posting more.

WaistingTime 06-08-2010 03:58 PM

:welcome2: So glad to have you join us. I lurked for ages before I got serious and joined and I found there was a huge difference in motivation between posting and lurking.

tarheelchick 06-08-2010 04:03 PM

Welcome, jewels :) You're at the right place. I am so thankful for the tips, encouragement, accountability and definitely the recipes I've found here.

shutterbug123 06-08-2010 04:40 PM

Hi Jewels! I'm on Day 2 of Phase 1 too! I have to say it hasn't been too bad so far. I don't think I could stay on Phase I forever, but for a couple of weeks it seems doable. The weekend may be a bit of an issue, though. I'm going to seriously miss pizza as a Saturday night treat.

I wish I had known about the recent updates before ordering my book online. I should have been suspicious how cheap the one I bought is. I'm thankful to have this forum to see some of the new information.

jewels2730 06-08-2010 04:58 PM

Thanks everyone! I am eating my snack right now (celery and peanut butter) and I found the most delicious peanut butter at the grocery store Wegmans. It's their organic, natural crunchy with the skins like pureed in there.... soooooo good! Up until now, snacks were a 100 cal pack or some sort of south beach granola bar, and they just never sustained me. It's amazing how much I am learning about eating the right foods.

Lexxiss 06-08-2010 07:40 PM

Hi Jewels:sunny: and :welcome:

I'm on a flyby but noticed your dairy question hadn't been answered. Dairy products will naturally have sugar and as long as nothing else has been added they are AOK.

Mmckellen 06-09-2010 06:30 AM

Welcome Jewels! This diet will definitely help your PCOS. It is a really great way of eating and way of life. You will do really well, especially if you come here and post every day....it really helps.

Heidi58 06-09-2010 06:39 AM

:welcome2: Hello Jewels, I'm glad you posted! Join us in the daily chat, that's the best way to get to know everyone and really feel like part of the group!

jewels2730 06-09-2010 10:25 AM

Great, thanks so much for the warm welcome! I look forward to posting more.

dizzylille 06-09-2010 12:13 PM

Welcome Jewels! I'm new as well. I'm on day 2 of phase 1. I'm nervous since this is my second go at SB this year.
I'm chugging the water:) Goodluck!