3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Advice Please :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/203893-advice-please.html)

SwimGirl 06-06-2010 09:16 PM

Advice Please :)

I have finished week 1 of phase 1! I made it through pretty good, no huge cravings, except one weird craving of Juicy Fruit at 4am :lol: I resisted, because, who wants to go out and buy gum at 4am! I am down 3.8, but I would have thought I lost more :?: I would LOVE some input, maybe you can see where I am going wrong!

Breakfast ( 10am) - 2 eggs, 1 egg white, low fat cheese, boiled ham cut up, 1 cup of coffee (nothing in it) and 20 oz of water

Snack ( 12pm) - 1% latte

Lunch (2:30pm) - Salad, with cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, low fat feta, with italian dressing I found with no sugar in it, 1 tbsp. Plus 4 oz water

Snack (4:30pm) - 15 almonds, 8 oz water

Dinner ( 6:30pm) - salad with cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, green pepper and low fat feta, plus salad dressing, 1tbsp. Chili - homemade with all allowable ingredients, with 2 teaspoons low fat sour cream and 8oz water.

I feel like I'm a little high on the coffee situation, but I'm scared to cut back even more. Otherwise, what do you think? Where am I going wrong? I will drink another 16 oz of water before bed.

Anything you can recommend that would be great! :) Also.. TMI moment.. I guess I should mention I haven't been having regular bathroom trips, I've been all "stopped up" until this afternoon.

-Aimee

fcmonroe 06-07-2010 05:17 AM

Are you getting in your dairy servings? I only see the latte. I would add in another serving of low fat dairy. In SB, cheese does not count as dairy.

You need to add veggies to your breakfast. And I would add in some servings of cooked vegetables so you don't get burned out on salad. Are you sure you're getting in all 4 to 5 cups of vegetables a day?

Good luck! I lost very little on phase one, but my first week on phase 2 I had a "woosh".

Lexxiss 06-07-2010 05:19 AM

Hi Aimee.

Hang in there!

Adding beans really helps with the constipation-and with WL. I always have at least one serving per day and sometimes two. You will get other suggestions, too.

cottagebythesea 06-07-2010 06:28 AM

Aimee, we all lose weight at different rates, so try not to get discouraged. You may discover an even bigger weight loss in the next week or two. Your menu is looking good, but including more beans and more dairy may help with the constipation. Try adding some chickpeas or other beans to your salad to boost your fiber intake. Are you watching your sodium intake? Salt makes you retain water, so be sure to be mindful of that.

SwimGirl 06-07-2010 10:03 AM

Thanks for the advice ladies! I hadn't even thought about adding more beans, I haven't been very adventurous with a lot of my foods, definitely not with beans! I will be adding some veggies with my breakfast today!

Question about dairy, it says 2 cups a day, should I be sticking to that? Currently I'm having 2 cups - 16 ounces.

I talked to my pharmacist, and he was helpful with the bathroom issues. He told me to drink more water when I'm eating, it's definitely helping!

Thanks again, I will definitely be doing a few tweaks to my diet!

-Aimee