South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #1  

Default favorite phase 1 meals breakfasts and dinners

Ok, Im getting ready to search the site but wanted to hear your favorite phase 1 meals to help motivate me!

Any advice is appreciated!
Fluffymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

My breakfast is always the same, but I love it... 2 eggs and a piece of turkey sausage and either sf yogurt or a glass of skim milk

and supper ...well that is the taco bake ..hands down But I also love chili or steak with squash and cabbage too

Last edited by Christian; 05-27-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:54 AM   #3  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Breakfast - Sweetened with splenda vanilla yogurt or hard boiled eggs.

Supper - Favorites include beans (1/2 cup) and a tomato for the vegetables and then a serving of protein (turkey breast is my go to favorite). Or tuna salad (garden salad with tuna, cheddar cheese and ranch dressing).

As you can tell. I'm not a recipes kinda gal, I like simple meals lol
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:36 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'm an automater-I have the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day so I'm not much help.

B-Protein/greens smoothie
L-Bean/veggie based soup with salad(lots of cut veggies)
D-Taco Bake, Roast chicken w/smashed cauliflower, Cacciatori w/Chix or just veggie, Taco Salad, Crack Slaw.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/155.6/140

Height: 5ft. 6in

Talking

Welcome back fluffy!

On Phase one I loved the Morrocan Chicken from the SB newest book, the great thing I learned from the book was to make the chicken into cutlets. The marinade is really good and lots of left overs to not think about lunch!
I am not a breakfast person so am looking forward to other's feedback, but a hard boiled egg and V-8 has been an easy staple. You can do it and ahead is my next favorite phase 2 recipe for poached eggs under the summer dinners thread. My sister and I are amazed and the lack of cravings after phase 1, Such a help! I now love hummus and veggies for snack and do this every day so I dont' have to work. At first I was a little overwhelmed at the amount of food I have to get ready for work, and then decided to take my PM snack at home, so it's veggies and hummus, left over phase 1 dinner and no fuss. Good luck fluffy
luckontherun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Love the Taco Bake & Crack Slaw too. My most frequent meal is just cooking up chicken breasts in olive oil and adding onions, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini or whatever you like. Sometimes I add no sugar added pasta sauce and sprinkle grated LF cheese on top. My whole family likes this. The other night we had Beef & Broccoli stir fry that was SB compatible.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Taco bake. Never get tired of it. Made up a batch today. I love it so much I will sometimes have it for breakfast.

And my favourite side (very filling) is Portabella Stuffed Mushrooms...recipe is here. Goes great with grilled fish, especially swordfish.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/side...mushrooms.html
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #8  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Breakfasts:
- cottage cheese, yogurt and splenda or
- 2 egg omelet with a bit of cheese, and lots of mushrooms and peppers
It also rocks with whipped cream cheese

Suppers:
- chili
-chicken caesar, hold the croutons
-taco salad , without the taco (Just cook up some extra lean ground beef or turkey, season with 1/2 packet taco seasoning, spread some on a plate of baby spinach or other greens, followed by cheese, beans is desired, tomato, cukes, olives, green onion , and low fat sour cream. yummo!)
-grilled chicken with greek salad or roasted veggies
- souvlaki and salad
-spaghetti squash with lean and meaty tomato sauce sweetened a bit with splenda, and the squash tossed slightly with evoo (yum, yum, yum)
- stir fry with cabbage, chinese cabbage or sprouts, add a tsp or so of sesame oil at the end and it tastes like a restaurant dish
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Default mine

For breakfast I've been having:
Plain yogurt flavoured with crystal lite & celery with peanut butter for a quick work day breakfast (prepared the nite before.)

For dinner I've been trying out various option this week, and last night I struck gold.... I melted lf cheese on parchment, and formed a taco shell, filled it till over flowing with spiced chicken, onions, lettuce and tomatos and topped with nsa salsa and a blob of sour cream..... you pick it up and eat it like a taco, but since I filled it so much, a bunch of stuff fell out so after I devoured the taco, I got to eat the 'leaving' off my plate with a fork.... delish!
(*while delish, cheese has lots of calories, and while sbd doesn't count calories, calories ALWAYS count.... so don't over do it with this dish*)
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote