Die, scale, die!!!

• I hate that the scale is so inconsistent. I always weigh myself first thing in the morning and assume that that is my true weight. Of course it fluctuates throughout the day. That is to be expected. But I hate that the numbers differ based on where I weigh myself. Will I ever know how much I really weigh?!?!?!?

I'm in my second week of Phase 1. Started at 229.0. This morning I was ~225. So I was hella excited to have lost so much weight in one week. But then I went downstairs with my scale and there I was 229. And I moved it somewhere else, I was 227. . WTH.

Realistically speaking, I know as long as I keep the scale in one place and see a downward trend, it means I'm losing weight. But....but.....but....I wanna know how much I weigh.

How do you guys overcome this annoyance?

• LOL Die, die , die, throw throw, throw. I do it once a week, and still am a bit frustrated, sneak into the one at work.... cause I don't have one at home, so am not tempted to haul it around with me... too funny. good luck hopeful! Lisa
  • I don't move my scale. I don't want to know how much I weigh in other places. I think that's a good recipie for crazy (for me, anyway).

You're right. Keep it in one place and be paitent. It took you a long time to put on your weight. It's going to take you a long time to get rid of it.
  • This article, Make Friends With Your Scale, had some interesting information about scales.
    You know you are losing weight and that's the most important thing. You're doing great!
  • I never move my scale either. But I also am trying to focus on other stuff. I am measuring once a month. And I am trying to base my success (or not) on things I can control. I can't control the darn scale. But I CAN control what I eat or if I exercise.
  • I would never move the scale either. I weigh once a week first thing in the morning. Measure your waist too. Anything else is a lesson in frustration for me.
  • I weigh once a day, and look at the monthly trend only. I read the article that Cyndi linked, and it made sense.

I read elsewhere that it is really good to use the scale for "information" and to work on letting go of the emotional component WHEN you are eating on plan, exercising and generally "doing the right things".

On my wall is a card which says, "On any given day, the number on the scale is exactly what it should be, given what you ate, how much energy you expended in the past few days, the amount of fluid your body is retaining, and other biological influences." (from the Beck Diet Solution)

Best Wishes!