South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 188/172/155

Height: 5'6''

Day ten and 9 pounds gone. Whew. Didn't eat as much as I should have yesterday. Remedied that this morning with scrambled eggs with cheese and 2slices of turkey and cherry tomatoes. Lunch will be leftover broccoli and a big tuna salad. Dinner--hmmm? I hope you all are feeling encouraged. I am definitely going a bit up and down--impatient. I don't know why I feel like all this weight should just fall off after 10 days Good luck!
dizzylille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 159/153/130

Height: 5'5

40+ and Mustang, I haven't transitioned in to a clean phase 1 either. I blew it this weekend by having two wine coolers. I'm hoping this week goes better.
Cindymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #138  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

I gave in and had a tuna sammich. I've got midterms this week, and the sugar crash made me really nervous about my exams. Bad planning, but I just got so tired of feeling so blegh all the time. I wanted to just dive in and do it. (Possibly with a side of masochism and wanting to punish myself for being so blegh and letting myself get so unhealthy?) I plan to restart this coming Sunday, after my last midterm on Saturday and the Summer Solstice festival I'm planning all of my meals this weekend, and sticking to it. See you chicks then!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'5"

I am new...day 3 of phase 1. Doing okay so far.....albeit a little tired and still fighting cravings pretty hard!

I actually came across this site when I was looking for Phase 1 recipes and boy did it save me! I found some GREAT recipes so I finally feel like I can do this.

I am looking forward to the support on this site too!

Thanks for all of the advice and sharing. It helps!
kpannell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #140  

Default Made it through day 1

Well, I made it through day 1 just fine. Probably thanks to the fact that I'm having a horrible allergic reaction to something and felt like I was on deaths doorstep yesterday, so didn't eat much.

Here's what I ate:
wake: muscle milk whey protein shake (2g sugar)
11am scrambled eggs w/ veggies, cheese, and 1 slice ham
1pm post workout muscle milk shake
3:30pm broccoli and hummus
6pm baked haddock, brussel sprouts and salad

and that's it..then I went to bed. I can't believe it. I only went to bed because I was on 50 mg of Benadryl.

So here I am..hives all over me going to the doctor in a bit. I'm assuming the allergy is to the tetanus shot I had earlier this week. The ONLY other thing that's new or different in the last 7 days is this muscle milk stuff. But I've had whey protein a zillion times before in my life. I really think it's the tetanus shot.

I've only had coffee so far today. Going to make some bacon and eggs and after I see the doctor today, get my butt to the grocery store to make some of the yummy recipes I see here and elsewhere on the net!!!

Julie
juju814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 188/172/155

Height: 5'6''

Hi all,
Phase 1 is over...lost 10 pounds. Think it could be more but AF is at my doorstep Hubby is a couple of days behind me. So I may hang out with P1 for a couple more days. Feeling pretty good except for the INTENSE chocolate cravings of this time of the month. Good luck!
dizzylille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #142  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

wow, 10lbs is a fantastic loss for phase one, especially at your low start weight. Congratulations!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #143  
Just keep breathing!

Starting phase 1 again today. Had eggs, cheese and turkey bacon with a glass of milk for breakfast. Spending my morning making lunch, dinner and snacks to bring to work tonight. Today is going to be a good day!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 175/144/125

Height: 5'1

Well I have two more days left on phase 1 and so far I have lost 6 pounds, which I'm very happy with !! I think I might stick it out another week at least for phase one before phase two. I really want to make sure I gravite towards veggies/cheese slices for snacks and a lot less fruit !
mustangheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #145  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Today is my second day of Ph 1, and I am disgusted by food. (I guess that's good?)...except my Greek yogurt, that has always been one of my faves. I am trying to imagine what I will lose on ph 1 just to motivate me (but I know it's not good to assume I will lose a lot...but jeez is 10lbs too much to ask?) (probably...we'll see) (I will not falter on this...just making it through these two days (with a poorly stocked kitchen) shows me I have all the tools I need! Good luck to all.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:03 AM   #146  

Started phase 1 on Friday and just finished day 4. When I went to the gym midday today, I hopped on the scale and was down 5 lbs already!!!

I am finding this incredibly easy! I am enjoying kalyns kitchen website for some great recipes, as well as the recipes in the forum here!! Great ideas!

I'm finding as long as I do a little planning, the cravings are staying away and I'm not having any hunger.

It's almost too good to be true that I'm not suffering. Hope I'm doing this right.. LOL
juju814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #147  
On my way

Today is day 3 for me, and I am feeling a lot better than I was yesterday. I can honestly say I didn't expect to feel this good. I am not full of energy, or over the moon, but no headache and not particularly tired. Cravings have not subsided, but are way less. I still can't wait to see the results at the end of the two weeks...I'll be patient! For me this is mentally easier than calorie counting or a lot of other plans because I know exsactly what I should and should not eat. It's great.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #148  
Just keep breathing!

I felt pretty bad yesterday too. This morning I woke up feeling fantastic though. Hitting the kitchen to cook my stuff for today again. My saving grace last night was the s/f fudgcicles and peanut butter dessert. Yum-mo!

But I already really hate eggs. Boooooo.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #149  
On my way

Eskinomad- I kind of don't like eggs unless I am really in the mood for them...there are ways to "hide" eggs or egg whites in things if you want the nutrition or full feeling from them. If you haven't already you should check out the phase 1 breakfast and dessert ideas...lots of them include eggs in non-traditional ways.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I am on day 3 of phase 1...today is much easier than the past two days when I was in a bad mood. I am already noticing a difference in the way I feel, and I am not as hungry as usual.

I am traveling for work for the next few days--so I went to the store to stock up on snacks and other food to travel with me. Trying to stay motivated--and reading the posts on this thread helps tremendously!

Good luck everyone!
sarahsk is offline   Reply With Quote